7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook

Lovin Jesus

I left Facebook a few months ago and the Lord led me here to this forum, Praise God! I did use Facebook as a witnessing tool for some years and hope I planted some seeds but I couldnt handle the vile and horrible posts some people left which I was concerned about for others who read them who werent like that but didnt know Christ. I really didnt care when their attacks were directed at me or even what I said but some were directed at God and that really made me feel awful. I couldnt figure out why people would bother to follow certain pages if they hated what was on them. I dont miss Facebook. I love it here with you guys.

ldonjohn

"God said it, that settles it!"
Haven't read all of the posts in this thread so I don't know if the following site has been mentioned.

It is a conservative Christian oriented social site similar to FB. It even looks like FB. It is a fairly new site with not a lot of members, but hopefully it will catch on and grow.

Below is a memo on my home page that includes a link to the site.

Good afternoon, ld johnson Tip: Send an email to your family, friends, church and organizations to join USA.Life. Just say: I joined USA.Life social network to be free of Facebook and Twitter's censorship and spying. If you want freedom and privacy, get your USA.Life account and friend me at https://USA.Life/register

Don/John

sherrid

I'm not on facebook and never will be.
Amen to that!!! I am thoroughly disgusted with FB. I also wonder if the government is spying on people through FB? One of my cousins posts everything she does. A couple of summers ago she said she would be in a different state for several weeks. Luckily she wasn't burglarized or anything but I think it's dangerous to post to the public your plans. I don't do Facebook at all. My uncle had sent a screenshot to my email of her post just stating she was going to have a fun summer. Crazy!!

redeemed one of God

Amen to that!!! I am thoroughly disgusted with FB. I also wonder if the government is spying on people through FB? One of my cousins posts everything she does. A couple of summers ago she said she would be in a different state for several weeks. Luckily she wasn't burglarized or anything but I think it's dangerous to post to the public your plans. I don't do Facebook at all. My uncle had sent a screenshot to my email of her post just stating she was going to have a fun summer. Crazy!!
people really dont need to know every little thing another person does every second of every day either. The government does not need to know everything either!

fl2007rn

people really dont need to know every little thing another person does every second of every day either. The government does not need to know everything either!
:scoregood I rarely post anything on Facebook except for the few groups that I belong to. I belong to an RV Forum, a camping group, and couple of groups for Shetland Sheepdog owners, and one for a dear friend who is going through stage 4 cancer. Otherwise, I have a couple of liberal family members I have turned off their posts because I don't agree with their politics. I have "liked" Christian movies, daily scripture readings, etc. So those are posted on my Facebook page. I can't imagine posting my daily activities for the world to see.