7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook

InsuranceGuy

I debate atheists there, using the debate to illustrate to those reading how atheism simply doesn't work.
I tried debating Muslims on Facebook. It never went well for any of us. I went to Facebook jail and they were never censored in any way. Seemed a bit one-sided to me. Each time I think about joining Facebook again, I remember the anger it brought upon me. I wanted to scream at people for being stupid, which shows my immaturity as a Christian. Walking away from an argument with a Muslim was not an option for me, nor was walking away from people posting meme's using Old Testament verbiage to show how the Bible is really all about hate. I saw plenty of those. For those mature enough to handle it, you're a stronger person than am I.

Sojourner414

I tried debating Muslims on Facebook. It never went well for any of us. I went to Facebook jail and they were never censored in any way. Seemed a bit one-sided to me. Each time I think about joining Facebook again, I remember the anger it brought upon me. I wanted to scream at people for being stupid, which shows my immaturity as a Christian. Walking away from an argument with a Muslim was not an option for me, nor was walking away from people posting meme's using Old Testament verbiage to show how the Bible is really all about hate. I saw plenty of those. For those mature enough to handle it, you're a stronger person than am I.
I don't think I'm stronger; I think we're all meant for different purposes in the Lord. As for "facebook jail", ending up in there I simply think of how many times Paul, peter and the Apostles were jailed for speaking the word of God.

As for being angry, it's not a sin to be vexed by the wickedness of man. What we do with that anger is what matters, as Scripture tells us to "be angry and sin not". But one thing I had to learn was to not respond to people trying to bait me into reacting to their hatred. They'll try anything to get the upper hand and smile smugly, thinking they proved to everyone the "correctness" of their view. Once I got it through my mind that the truth doesn't seek to silence all other views but merely present its' own, I became okay with that. Our job is to simply present the truth and let folks decide; we're not responsible for what they do with it.

GotGrace

I'm in my mid thirties and I quit facebook when I was 29. Yes it is a tool to help spread the gospel but, I personally found that it's also incredibly hard because everyone wants to chime in with their idiotic opinions. I just felt like it wasn't worth it because if I know that person personally then I can just contact them directly. Plus Christians have spread the gospel for thousands of years without facebook. I think we'll do just fine now without it as well. My friends try to convince me to go back too but I'm happier without it.
My husband has his IPad checking Facebook everyday. I believe I would shut it down otherwise.

Len

people posting meme's using Old Testament verbiage to show how the Bible is really all about hate. I saw plenty of those. For those mature enough to handle it, you're a stronger person than am I.
those are still hard for me to view personally as I always end up questioning my faith as often I do not have an immediate answer to the accusation and have to do research on the verse in question, so I end up frustrated and feeling inadequate as a supposed Christian and that is one downside for me, but for those I post "for" it might be their only opportunity to see God's words with their own eyes ....

dreamermind

I post stuff on Facebook all the time that brings out the haters. I’m usually pretty calm in my responses to them and stick to my guns. It’s a way of sharing the gospel that I don’t have much of in real life. Sometimes it’s fun, and if they get too nasty either they unfriend me or vice versa. I kinda enjoy seeing my friends list go down knowing I did my job!