7,000-year-old seal sheds light on ‘business’ activities in ancient Israel

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
7,000-year-old seal sheds light on ‘business’ activities in ancient Israel
Some 150 clay sealings were found in an excavation conducted by Hebrew University archaeologists in 2004-2007 in Tel Tsaf, a prehistoric village in the Beit She’an Valley in northern Israel.
By ROSSELLA TERCATIN
JUNE 10, 2021

Seven thousand years ago, residents of prehistoric Israel engaged in complex barter activities and protected property rights, research based on millennia-old clay seal impressions has revealed. In antiquity, seal impressions – known among experts with the Latin term bullae – were used to sign documents or containers, ensuring they would reach their recipients closed and untouched. Some 150 clay sealings dating back some 7,000 years were found in an excavation conducted by Hebrew University of Jerusalem archaeologists in 2004-2007 in Tel Tsaf – a prehistoric village in the Beit She’an Valley in the North. While their purpose was the same, almost all of these sealings were simple pieces of clay, without any impression on them.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/archaeology/7...-business-activities-in-ancient-israel-670633

cavalier973

The real mystery for pagans and unbelievers in that age was what they were counting their years down to :smack2
The “Commin Era”, obviously, because even though it exactly matches the Age of Christianity, saying “athe Common Era” means you are scientific.

ADDENDUM: I think that, at the Great White Throne Judgement, we will see a lot of unbelievers from this era do the “double over, face-to-knees cringe” every time they watch themselves say “BCE” and “CE”on the Jumbotron replay of their lives, suddenly realizing how stupid they sounded.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
The “Commin Era”, obviously, because even though it exactly matches the Age of Christianity, saying “athe Common Era” means you are scientific.

We should stop saying AD and go with the full "in the year of our Lord" as a counter. The common era stuff really perplexes me. It's just "atheistwashing" history (to appropriate the left's term whitewashing)

Amethyst

Angie ... †
We should stop saying AD and go with the full "in the year of our Lord" as a counter. The common era stuff really perplexes me. It's just "atheistwashing" history (to appropriate the left's term whitewashing)
Excuse me, friend, but haven't you ever heard of 'separation of church and STATE'??? :blahblah :blahblah :rolleyes2

heisable2

Maybe I'm reading too much stuff about how old the Earth is. Scientists think the Earth is millions of years old. Others say that the first 4,000 years was in the BC time zone and the next 2,000 years was in the AD time zone. Finally the last thousand years which would equate to 7,000 years would be the millennium.

So the 7,000-year-old seal files up the idea that I mentioned above. I can't imagine a prehistoric Israel. Is that when Adam and Eve would have lived?

On another note my genealogy DNA states that I'm 4% neanderthal. So when would that have been? Still confusing to me. Since I'm a teacher I am looking forward to finding out the truth when I get up to my final home. I wonder if there is any immense library that I can pour through all the books that will prove all the scientists wrong.

heisable2

Maybe I'm reading too much stuff about how old the Earth is. Scientists think the Earth is millions of years old. Others say that the first 4,000 years was in the BC time zone and the next 2,000 years was in the AD time zone. Finally the last thousand years which would equate to 7,000 years would be the millennium.

So the 7,000-year-old seal fills up the idea that I mentioned above. I can't imagine a prehistoric Israel. Is that when Adam and Eve would have lived?

On another note my genealogy DNA states that I'm 4% neanderthal. So when would that have been? Still confusing to me. Since I'm a teacher I am looking forward to finding out the truth when I get up to my final home. I wonder if there is an immense library that I can pour through all the books that will prove all the scientists wrong. Can't wait.

Back