6 Philadelphia Police Officers Shot During Gun Battle In Nicetown-Tioga Section

Popcornfish

Crazy stuff today , i go to read the news online and first headlines i see is stockmarket losing billions, shooting of 6 cops in the states and conspiracies on Jeff Epstein's Murder
I know. Epstein had a lot of dirt on a lot of powerful people. It allegedly is how he got so rich. Extorting the rich and powerful perverts that freqented his pedophile island. Bill Clinton was listed on Epstein's private jet manifest 27 times.
Now there he was sitting in a jail cell ready to be tried for pedophilia and child sex trafficking. Did anyone think he wasn't going to make a deal of some kind? Given how he knew he'd be received in prison?
Guards have been suspended, I think the warden of the jail where Epstein was held has been reassigned. He wasn't on suicide watch after allegedly trying to hang himself two weeks prior? And he was in solitary confinement? And thumb prints were found around his neck? What, he tried to strangle himself?
The coroners report likely won't be released to the public. However, I think he was murdered. Dead men don't testify against perverted rich men in power.

Spartan Sprinter 1

I know. Epstein had a lot of dirt on a lot of powerful people. It allegedly is how he got so rich. Extorting the rich and powerful perverts that freqented his pedophile island. Bill Clinton was listed on Epstein's private jet manifest 27 times.
Now there he was sitting in a jail cell ready to be tried for pedophilia and child sex trafficking. Did anyone think he wasn't going to make a deal of some kind? Given how he knew he'd be received in prison?
Guards have been suspended, I think the warden of the jail where Epstein was held has been reassigned. He wasn't on suicide watch after allegedly trying to hang himself two weeks prior? And he was in solitary confinement? And thumb prints were found around his neck? What, he tried to strangle himself?
The coroners report likely won't be released to the public. However, I think he was murdered. Dead men don't testify against perverted rich men in power.
your spot on there its highly suspicious ,it's crazy how many things the Clintons are allegedly caught up in

athenasius

Better news today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/15/philadelphia-standoff-gunman-surrenders-6-officers-injured/2017086001/
'Nothing short of a miracle': Dramatic standoff with Philadelphia gunman ends with no loss of life

PHILADELPHIA – Throughout a seven-hour gun battle that turned a Philadelphia neighborhood into a war zone and left six officers injured, the goal was "preservation of life," police commissioner Richard Ross said after a day of intense gunfire and tear gas salvos before the gunman surrendered early Thursday.
At one point, with hundreds of officers pinned down by erratic gunfire, a SWAT team rescued two officers trapped upstairs with handcuffed prisoners in the north Philadelphia home.
The police tactics worked as the shooter, with his hands up, was driven from his home after a tear gas barrage and all the injured officers were treated and released.
“It’s nothing short of a miracle that we don’t have multiple officers killed today," Ross said."

I strongly believe that a lot of people were praying, and God spared the lives of the police because this was bad. And it turns out the gunman should have been properly jailed for a lifetime, several times over BEFORE this incident occurred.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/15/us/philadelphia-shooting-suspect-maurice-hill/index.html

DanLMP

The shooter had a long rap sheet starting at the age of 18. He is 36 now.
He also has been in and out of prison a couple of times.
Has been arrested a couple of times for illegal gun possession, but charges were dropped for reasons I don't know.

Yet the Philadelphia politicians are blaming the gun and calling for tighter gun control laws rather than taking responsibility for not enforcing current laws.

Guess which political party controls Philadelphia?

Luke12

Center City is okay but don't venture into North Philly.
Agree Dan...… I used to take the train from Westtown to Philly when it was operating but has long since stopped running.
I took the Broad st. subway to Spring Garden St and back in those days when I did college there for 2 years not one iota of trouble. One time in N. Philly (forgot the reason why I went) 10 years ago I was bumped from behind. I just locked the doors and didn't get out. Havent been back to N. Philly since (that I recall).

Last edited:

Popcornfish

Center City is okay but don't venture into North Philly.
Years ago a friend and myself ventured to Philly. We were quite unaware of the boundaries between safe and danger then, especially for whites.
There was a theater playing a back to back double feature of films we wanted to see, so we step up and buy our tickets. There wasn't a single white person anywhere but us.
Between films we venture to the restrooms. A woman is on a payphone in the restroom threatening someones life. Her boyfriend presumably given how she spoke to him.

We return to our seats. The smell of marijuana still filled the air, now and then you'd hear a bottle fall to the floor and roll down.
We left after with no issues.

A few days later my friend calls me. A guy he worked with was from there and as Major is telling this guy about our weekend the man stops him in mid sentence. He asked Major to clarify what theater we were in. Major told him, again.
This guy was amazed. He said we were lucky to get out alive. No white people who ever dared unknowingly to enter that theater much less neighborhood ever before left without being in an ambulance or a coroners wagon.

We had no idea. But they were great films.

Popcornfish

I used to go to the Spektrum in South Philly to see the Flyers in the late 70's...….. they smoked marijuana in the seats and people used to get high even though they weren't smoking it.
Contact high, that is not unheard of. I use to go to the Spectrum to watch Pro-Wrestling. A friend of mine was a photographer for a wrestling magazine.
It's not there anymore from what I understand. It was a grand place.

Popcornfish

You're right. It's gone.

Currently in place:
Lincoln Financial Field - football
Citizens Bank Park - baseball
Wells Fargo Center - basketball, hockey

Where the Spectrum sat is now a parking lot.
That's a lot of construction that replaced it. And Spectrum is a parking lot now. That's a shame. Lots of good memories visiting there.
Thank you for the information. :)