6.4 million "evangelicals" voted for Obama. Why?

Sean Osborne

How was it possible for Romney to do worse than McCain?
It is elementary my dear Watson, er, I mean, Rosenberg.

The Republican base is the Tea Party. And the Tea Party has been demanding for four years a Reaganesque nominee, or a close approximation thereof, to be coupled with a complementary VEEP selectee.

Instead, for the second successive presidential election, the Grand Ol' Party elite gave us a blue-state RINO liberal candidate coupled with a cookie-cutter blue state liberal VEEP nominee. At least McCain gave himself a decent chance with Sarah Palin.

It's a no-brainer Joel. Absolutely a no-brainer. And if I didn't know better I'd say the GOP elite lost this election by design because nobody can be so stupid unless it is intentional. Especially not twice in a row with so much at stake!!! :doh::doh::doh:

As for why a certain set of evangelicals voted for Obama, well, just consider them to be Christian versions of the apocalypse-hastening Iranian Shi'a. The quickest way to hasten the arrival of the 70th Week is with Obama in power.

JC1949

Why,can I ask,are we all so "surprised"??? Anybody here was expecting a different result from the one we have now?

Are we all so self deluded in believing that preaching THE LAW of Moses to the NEW TESTAMENT church is going to make this world better and better and so establish the KINGDOM HERE and NOW?

Would my brothers and sisters please stop calling USA a "Christian Country" and START PREACHING THE GOSPEL OF GRACE of OUR GREAT LORD and MIGHTY SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST????

Have we forgotten that THE WORLD IS ALREADY CONDEMNED and that USA is THE WORLD as much as ANY OTHER NATION is GOING TO SINK under the mega-galactic weight of UNIVERSAL SIN???

Are we forgetting that the WORLD as it is MUST SUCCUMB to THE AC and the GREAT TRIBULATION is COMING TO THIS SICK PLANET and is coming to a backbreaking speed ???

We,IF we are BORN AGAIN,BLOOD WASHED and BOUGHT sons and daughters of GOD by THE AMAZING GRACE of WONDERFUL JESUS,We are going to go in the IMMINENT RAPTURE,ALL BORN AGAIN,born from above,are going to be raptured and ZAPPED UP and AWAY from this SICK and PERVERTED PLANET.....BUT the PLAN of GOD MUST go on,I said :

MUST GO ON,The Lord is NOT going to change HIS WORD just to please us,JESUS HAS a PLAN for ISRAEL,hallo',anybody remembering ISRAEL???/
USA is NOT going to save and rescue ISRAEL and no other country will deliver ISRAEL,BUT THE LORD WILL DELIVER ISRAEL,and with NO HELP from anybody,thank you very much,HE DOES NOT NEED HELP,HE is NOT the FALSE JESUS preached in so many so called Christian Churches there in USA or here in Australia or other places,like ITALY that according to THE EVIL WICKED POPE is a greater Christian country than USA or the rest of the World...never mind the RCC preaches another Jesus,another Gospel,another Spirit....after all RICK WARREN and his WOF crowd and whatever else is preaching CHRISLAM...so,......

Instead of weeping as puppy dogs and licking our wounds,we should be praying,preaching,and PRAISING JESUS WHO IS SOON COMING.

Go tell your neighbor that all his/her sins have been taken care of by JESUS and invite them to trust HIM and get saved.....and if one new brother or sister will be gained,GLORY to GOD,if not GLORY to GOD all the same,we are NOT CALLED to SAVE and CHANGE the world,we are CALLED TO PREACH JESUS and HIM CRUCIFIED,BURIED,RISEN,ASCENDED,and SOON COMING KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS,and IF thet believe,HE WILL CHANGE THEM....

MARANATHA......

:wave:wave:wave

True Light

:hat:
Howdy to you, Once Was Lost! I love your screen name. I too was “lost,” and praise God, I was “found” by my dear LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ, over 33 years ago this month.

I hope you don’t think I want to be contentious. I just didn’t fully understand your point. I see Romney (and so many of our “politicians”), as a chameleon—he changes colors depending on his ‘target market,” and his “intentions to other chameleons.” After all, he cannot be trusted in anything he says given the fact that he is an active member of a “false religion;” and on top of that he chose a “running mate” who is a member of the “mother” of all “false religions!”

Tell me, what is worse? Knowing who your enemy is, or thinking someone is a “friend,” but is really your enemy?

Bottom line, this Nation and the world is in Darkness, and it will only get Darker. Which is why we as true Christians must “remain stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the LORD, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the LORD.” And hopefully by our Testimony we can encourage other lost souls to call upon the name of the LORD with a sincere and repentant heart, while there is still Time.

I guess the hardest part for me is when I see those I love the most “fall away” from the Truth due to the corrupt teachings in the “Churches.” Sin is the doorway into the Darkness, and so many times sin is just excused away or justified instead of condemned and discouraged. May God have mercy on US as a people and Nation!

By the way I have seen clips of “Wide is the Gate,” and I agree with Adrian’s assessment of that very revealing exposé of the "emerging church."

May the LORD be with you in your “fight against apostasy and for the defense of the faith.” Amen!
:pray:

With the love of Christ,
Cathy

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
:hat:
Howdy to you, Once Was Lost! I love your screen name. I too was “lost,” and praise God, I was “found” by my dear LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ, over 33 years ago this month.

I hope you don’t think I want to be contentious. I just didn’t fully understand your point. I see Romney (and so many of our “politicians”), as a chameleon—he changes colors depending on his ‘target market,” and his “intentions to other chameleons.” After all, he cannot be trusted in anything he says given the fact that he is an active member of a “false religion;” and on top of that he chose a “running mate” who is a member of the “mother” of all “false religions!”

Tell me, what is worse? Knowing who your enemy is, or thinking someone is a “friend,” but is really your enemy?

Bottom line, this Nation and the world is in Darkness, and it will only get Darker. Which is why we as true Christians must “remain stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the LORD, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the LORD.” And hopefully by our Testimony we can encourage other lost souls to call upon the name of the LORD with a sincere and repentant heart, while there is still Time.

I guess the hardest part for me is when I see those I love the most “fall away” from the Truth due to the corrupt teachings in the “Churches.” Sin is the doorway into the Darkness, and so many times sin is just excused away or justified instead of condemned and discouraged. May God have mercy on US as a people and Nation!

By the way I have seen clips of “Wide is the Gate,” and I agree with Adrian’s assessment of that very revealing exposé of the "emerging church."

May the LORD be with you in your “fight against apostasy and for the defense of the faith.” Amen!
:pray:

With the love of Christ,
Cathy
No worries, Cathy, I knew you were looking for me to clarify, so I was glad to do so, after Adrian did for me. :hehheh

My heartsick state is not only because of the POTUS but the people in the states that voted for the pro homosexual, pro recreational pot smoking, flesh indulging agenda. I further grieve for my country because it's churches are dens of self indulgent, carnal and corrupt people, who pay God lip service and live like the world.

I am reminded of Jeremiah 5:31

The prophets prophesy falsely,
And the priests rule by their own power;
And My people love to have it so.
But what will you do in the end?

We are in such times as was Israel, the church leaders are corrupt and misleading the flock and the people love to have it so.

As for Wide is the Gate it was a joy to participate in the project and I am blown away at the doors it has opened to further discussion. Pray for Caryl, she is close to finishing volume 3 in the next couple of weeks and is facing serious opposition from the enemy.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I further grieve for my country because it's churches are dens of self indulgent, carnal and corrupt people, who pay God lip service and live like the world.
Another quote from Leonard Ravenhill: "The world has lost the power to blush over its vice; the Church has lost her power to weep over it."

JC1949

No worries, Cathy, I knew you were looking for me to clarify, so I was glad to do so, after Adrian did for me. :hehheh

My heartsick state is not only because of the POTUS but the people in the states that voted for the pro homosexual, pro recreational pot smoking, flesh indulging agenda. I further grieve for my country because it's churches are dens of self indulgent, carnal and corrupt people, who pay God lip service and live like the world.

I am reminded of Jeremiah 5:31

The prophets prophesy falsely,
And the priests rule by their own power;
And My people love to have it so.
But what will you do in the end?

We are in such times as was Israel, the church leaders are corrupt and misleading the flock and the people love to have it so.

As for Wide is the Gate it was a joy to participate in the project and I am blown away at the doors it has opened to further discussion. Pray for Caryl, she is close to finishing volume 3 in the next couple of weeks and is facing serious opposition from the enemy.
we can thank his evilness the Pope and all his demonic allies...here,in Rome and Usa too!

Chaya

Joel Rosenberg missed that a subgroup of those labeled Evangelicals is the Evangelical left. That would be the "purpose driven," emergent groups and others.
"""

YeuEmMaiMai

I heard on our local Chrisitan station today (KKMS Live) what sounded like the the guy who does the "Rightly divinding the Word" Radio show saying that he could not get past Romney's Mormanism and instead would have voted on the basis of RACE thus pickiung Obama.

Never mind the President's outright assult on

1. Christians
2. Loves Abortions
3. Our Freedoms.

I am going to try and get the guys name so when I hear his show, I can turn it off....

jodee

They are deceived and we must pray for them. My state was still white, as were many and votes not counted before calling O as the winner. It honestly makes no sense to me why people voted for O. with the unemployment rates..one more being my hubs as of yesterday. It's flat out deception. My state ended up turning blue:(. I talked with a lady at the store after the election. She said, 'yay! We turned blue!' I said nothing. She said..'Obama is such a great man who does so much good for everyone.' Sounded like pure deception to me. So much good? Really?

discusdog

The time is so short. For the first time I feel a great urgency to post boldly on Facebook. We need to start acting BOLDLY!
The Godless liberals were bold pushing their agendas in everyone's face, and look what happened?
So what if people call us bigots, Bible-thumpers, narrow-minded, etc.?
I am downright mad and feel stronger than ever to not candy-coat the gospel, and want to boldly proclaim!
Do the Godless candy coat their agenda? NO
Stay strong B&S! God Bless us all in our efforts to reach out no matter what the cost:preach

discusdog

I have a few Born again friends who were DEEPLY DEPRESSED after the election. I was disappointed, but had a feeling he was going to win again. Also, the tribulation is coming, which means the Rapture is coming before that, thus I am hopeful.
I was trying to console a friend at work who is married to a Pastor, with the times setting up for the coming Rapture. She said, "But I have little kids!" and looked as if she was about to cry. I told her that they would go too. This did not help, she just kept her head down fighting back tears. I didn't know what else to say, so I told her to try to have a good day. I got in my car and prayed for her on my way home.:crying

RanYakumo

One of my family friends who is a devoted Christian (or at least says she is) ended up voting for Obama purely because she couldn't bring herself to vote for a Mormon. I understand she didn't want to vote for Romney because he isn't Christian, but don't go and vote for Obama, a man who certainly doesn't behave like one. :ohno

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
It seems Christians got caught up in voting for or against a man, rather than voting on the basis of biblical principles. Satan caused their attention to focus on the candidates religious convictions which, in the absence of a Christian candidate, became totally irrelevant. Sadly it seems many Christians confused the presidency of the United States with the headship of the Church. Mr. Obama's religious beliefs are no less an affront to God than are Mr. Romney's. To say it another way so as to be perfectly clear— Mr. Romney's Mormonism is no more an affront to God than Mr. Obama's humanistic Chrislam. Had Christians sought God, considered the teachings of scripture, and voted so as to uphold the key principles of regard for all human life from conception, marriage being exclusively between a man and a woman, and the importance of protecting Israel, the man who at least more or less supported those principles in God's Word would have been elected. Instead a man who says bluntly and plainly that he disagrees with those key teachings of God's Word was elected.

Shows what happens when Christians are unable to think straight.

And they are unable to think straight because they do not know God's Word to them. And because of that their looking forward to a soon rapture is, unbeknownst to them, actually a looking forward to a soon judgment. When they stand before God they will have no excuse. He has revealed Himself freely to them in that Word. But they choose to spend more time watching TV, taking part in recreational activities, and simply enjoying themselves than giving up their free time to seriously read their Bible and seriously spend time in prayer to wait upon the Lord. And that is the story of our churches today.