6.4 million "evangelicals" voted for Obama. Why?

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
6.4 MILLION "EVANGELICALS" VOTED FOR OBAMA -- WHY?

Joel C. Rosenberg

(Washington, D.C., November 8, 2012) -- As the smoke clears from the wreckage of the Romney defeat on Tuesday, some intriguing yet disturbing facts are coming to light.

Fewer people overall voted in 2012 (about 117 million) compared to 2008 (about 125 million).President Obama received some 6.6 million fewer votes in 2012 than he did in 2008 (60,217,329 in 2012 votes compared to 66,882,230 votes in 2008). One would think that such a dynamic would have helped Romney win -- clearly it did not. Incredibly, Governor Romney received nearly 1 million fewer votes in 2012 than Sen. John McCain received in 2008. (In 2008, McCain won 58,343,671 votes. In 2012, Romney won only 57,486,044 votes.)

Why? How was it possible for Romney to do worse than McCain? It will take some time to sift through all of the data. But here is some of what we know from the 2012 election day exit polls:

That said, what I looking at most closely is the Christian vote, and here is where I see trouble:

* 42% of the Protestant Christian vote went for Obama in 2012. This was down from 45% in 2008.

* 57% of the Protestant Christian vote went for Romney in 2012. This was up from 54% that McCain won in 2008.

* When you zoom in a bit, you find that 21% of self-identified, white, born-again, evangelical Christians voted for President Obama in 2012. This means of the 117 million people who voted on Tuesday, about 24.7 million were evangelicals who voted for Obama. This was down from 24% of evangelicals who voted for Obama in 2008. (Of the 125 million people who voted in 2008, about 30 million were evangelicals who voted for Obama.)

* You'd think this decrease in evangelical votes for Obama would have helped win the race for Romney, but it didn't.

* 78% of evangelical Christians voted for Romney in 2012. Yes, this was up from the 74% that McCain received in 2008, but it wasn't nearly enough.

* To put it more precisely, about 5 million fewer evangelicals voted for Obama in 2012 than in 2008. Meanwhile, some 4.7 million more evangelicals voted for Romney than voted for McCain. Yet Romney still couldn't win.

It is stunning to think that 25 million self-described evangelical Christians would vote for a President who supports abortion on demand and was on the cover of Newsweek as America's "first gay president." Did these self-professed believers surrender their Biblical convictions in the voting booth, or did they never really have deep Biblical convictions on the critical issues to begin with?

Whatever their reasons, these so-called evangelicals doomed Romney and a number of down-ballot candidates for the House and Senate. This is what happens when the Church is weak and fails to disciple believers to turn Biblical faith into action.

Now consider this additional data....

[There is much more research and analysis in this article. To read the full column on the blog -- and/or to read IMPLOSION; or THE INVESTED LIFE: MAKING DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS ONE PERSON AT A TIME; or the new e-book, ISRAEL AT WAR; or to find links to the latest news and analysis of events and trends in the U.S., Israel, North Africa, Russia, and the Middle East -- please go to: Joel C. Rosenberg's Blog.]

Last edited:

ragamuffin

re: 6.4 million "evangelicals" voted for Obama. Why?

hmmm... sounds like the Laodicean church is upon us... John, directed by the Holy Spirit told us this would happen in his letters to the seven churches... the Bible continues to be proven true each and every day...

I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. John 14:29​

Lord, we Trust completely in You! We Praise You for your unending Love, Grace and Mercy! You are so Worthy of our Praise! I LOVE YOU!

[YOU TUBE VIDEO]EP8IJs2C4BY[/YOU TUBE VIDEO]

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member

The age of the Laodicean Church is indeed upon us! It began about 20 years ago, perhaps a little longer. But in the past 10 years it has been gathering speed and energy. Now the majority of churches are on the road to complete apostasy. Of course they do not see it that way. They believe they are serving Christ effectively: so great is the delusion. We who know the truth should be praying for them. And proclaiming boldly the truth. But are we willing to suffer the scorn?

Most of us are, if not loved, at least respected by the world around us. And because of that we likely feel good about our Christian witness. But Leonard Ravenhill asked a very interesting question once. He pointedly asked, "If Jesus said the world would hate us, how come it doesn't?"

Certainly when you look at the great men of faith, right up until modern times, the world did not treat them well. So if we are not hated, perhaps it is because the salt that we are is not stinging the wounds of the people, and the light we shine is not strong enough to expose the darkness. We speak softly, not boldly in our personal circles. We want to be respected and appreciated, not rejected and scorned. The simple fact is we have been misled by the lie that we must be liked by people in order to reach them with the gospel. That is a form of humanistic thinking. It is the Holy Spirit who reaches and convicts sinners. We need only proclaim the gospel ... and love the sinners even as they curse, and wound, and despise us. However, because most of us do not desire to be scorned and rejected, we have the Laodicean Church growing and growing ... you see, it offers the illusion of serving Christ while being loved by the world. O Lord, set us free from our comfortable thinking and care for self!

Patiently...

I periodically watch Leonard Ravenhill's sermons. What a great man of God he was. No pussyfooting around with him.

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator

I lay this squarely at the feet of the "pastors" (hirelings) who so malnourish the flock that they go out and vote for a man who claims to be a "Christian" but supports infanticide, homosexual marriage, confiscation and redistribution and the abandonment of Israel. The same man who chastises Israel and while placating the islamic world.

He minimizes Biblical values in favor of rank ungodliness. He turns one group of Americans against another and blames those who oppose him for the fallout of his decisions.

If pastors taught the whole truth of Scripture, their flocks could never vote for such a man, the conviction of The Holy Spirit would not allow them to do so. The modern "evangelical" is attending a church which entertains them, gives them food and drink in comfortable seats, a big light and stage show, some flashy videos and dramas and then sends them to slaughter. In the rare occasion when The Word is mentioned, it is long on words and zero on substance. And we wonder why the sheep will vote for such a man as our POTUS.

If I can be so bold, the POTUS is a vile, wicked man who needs to repent and seek Jesus with great zeal and desperation. Sadly, his brand of "Christianity" is the same as he was fed by the likes of jeremiah wright, and it is not Christian at all, so no wonder he governs as he does while naming the name of Jesus.

That said, he is not the disease, he is merely a symptom of it. "Evangelicals" who could vote for him are either uninformed, or simply rebellious against godly governance. I cannot remember a single policy enacted or a public position he has taken that comports with a Biblical worldview. What makes matters worse, we had plenty of information about this man so ignorance is not an excuse, as some could have claimed in 2008.

If anyone wonders how far we have come, I have more common values with a cult member (Romney) than I do with a professed "Christian" (POTUS) and it's not even remotely a close race.

We have gone the way of Israel's folly when they threw off God's governing and asked for a king. (1 Samuel 8:1-22) IMO, America reached a tipping point Tuesday and I think we are now on a downslope, along with the rest of the world. We are not the "Shining city on a hill" that Reagan once saw, we are out of control and heading for disaster. We are ripe for judgment and have chosen to embrace the same ungodliness as the rest of the world. We have been headed this way for decades, but when evangelicals can assist in reelecting this level of wickedness, we have become Ichabod. We are like all great nations through history who through corruption and ungodliness fell from within due to the disease of humanism.

On the bright side, we are 1 day nearer to Jesus returning for His Bride!

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Amen, Chris. I wish all pastors were like you and mikhen7, who boldly preach the whole truth of God from their pulpits, not the unscriptural pap found in the books of most of so-called Christendom's most prominent leaders today. I have reposted this on my FB page.

daygo

Can someone please point out the contradiction Joel in one letter says 25 million voted for obama, then its 5 million, now its 6.4 million don`t want to be funny but which is it. :scratch:

Forgiven

Can someone please point out the contradiction Joel in one letter says 25 million voted for obama, then its 5 million, now its 6.4 million don`t want to be funny but which is it. :scratch:
Here you go...

[CORRECTED VERSION: In the first version of this column, I incorrectly reported a figure of 25 million evangelicals voting for Obama in 2012.
The actual number, as now noted below, is about 6.4 million. Please forgive my error.]
More than 6 million self-described

Littlejoe

Satans last days deception is blinding christians(so called christians),i know of a few christians that told me last summer that they will not vote for a mormon,i agree but i still did,basically because he was against same sex marriage,and he stood with Israel..

That being said God placed Obama in office to finish endtime plans..

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Since those "self-described evangelicals" voted AGAINST the Word of God by voting for a man who promotes the murder of children, the corruption of marriage, and the division of Israel, I would suggest that a more accurate term would be "self-deceived evangelicals."

True Light

OnceWasLost said:

If anyone wonders how far we have come, I have more common values with a cult member (Romney) than I do with a professed "Christian" (POTUS) and it's not even remotely a close race.
What exactly are you saying?

If you really knew Romney, I don't believe you could say that you support a man that is an active member of a false "Christian" religion that is leading MANY unsuspecting people to Hell.

I agree with LittleJoe when he said that:
God placed Obama in office to finish endtime plans..
I Am reminded of this bitter sweet passage:

Luke 21:8-28 "And He said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in My Name, (Mormons, Catholics, David Koresh and those like him...) saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

Then said He unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. (Surely these have been happening in our day...)

But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake. And it shall turn to you for a testimony. (This certainly came to pass in the time of the Apostles and I believe it is happening in our Day...)

Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for My Name's sake.

But there shall not an hair of your head perish. In your patience possess ye your souls.

And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. (This prophecy came to pass in 70 AD and I believe "spiritually" speaking it is taking place in our day.)

For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. (Our great hope!)

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Amen!

May God bless and keep those who love the LORD Jesus Christ in sincerity and in Truth!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Cathy, OnceWasLost is a pastor who is in the forefront of the fight against apostasy and for the defense of the faith. In fact he appears repeatedly in the excellent DVD series Wide Is The Gate. His point was that a self-professed Mormon held far closer to the biblical principles of the sanctity of life, beginning in the womb; the sanctity of marriage, being between a man and a woman; and the defense of Israel, according to God's Word; than did the self-professed "Christian". And that, as he was pointing out, speaks volumes about the state of the self-professing Church today. I believe it was Leonard Ravenhill who said that the road to hell was wide, with many people on it; and you could find it down the main aisle of most churches. Sadly that is even more true today than it was when Dr. Ravenhill said it 30 or 40 years ago.

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
What exactly are you saying?

If you really knew Romney, I don't believe you could say that you support a man that is an active member of a false "Christian" religion that is leading MANY unsuspecting people to Hell.
You misunderstand. From a pure values point of view, Romney supports a more "Christian" worldview than the POTUS. (Homosexual marriage, infanticide, Israel, social and fiscal policy in general.)

It is not a statement of either man's theology, but their values based policy. :hat:

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
Cathy, OnceWasLost is a pastor who is in the forefront of the fight against apostasy and for the defense of the faith. In fact he appears repeatedly in the excellent DVD series Wide Is The Gate. His point was that a self-professed Mormon held far closer to the biblical principles of the sanctity of life, beginning in the womb; the sanctity of marriage, being between a man and a woman; and the defense of Israel, according to God's Word; than did the self-professed "Christian". And that, as he was pointing out, speaks volumes about the state of the self-professing Church today. I believe it was Leonard Ravenhill who said that the road to hell was wide, with many people on it; and you could find it down the main aisle of most churches. Sadly that is even more true today than it was when Dr. Ravenhill said it 30 or 40 years ago.
:hat:

Carl

OnceWasLost I can now understand why you are coming down so hard on pastor's failures. However the student still has to be willing to learn. So I don't know which one needs the biggest kick in the sit down.

I don't know what it will take to wake Christians up. Maybe being baptized in the Blood of Jesus Christ. For sure an act of God, but what preparation work must we believers do?

OnceWasLost

Super Moderator
OnceWasLost I can now understand why you are coming down so hard on pastor's failures. However the student still has to be willing to learn. So I don't know which one needs the biggest kick in the sit down.

I don't know what it will take to wake Christians up. Maybe being baptized in the Blood of Jesus Christ. For sure an act of God, but what preparation work must we believers do?
As a pastor I will go with James on this.

James 3:1

My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.

AndyM

Saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ
Satans last days deception is blinding christians(so called christians),i know of a few christians that told me last summer that they will not vote for a mormon,i agree but i still did,basically because he was against same sex marriage,and he stood with Israel..

That being said God placed Obama in office to finish endtime plans..
Little Joe I agree 100%. Praise GOD for He is in control.:yeah::yeah::yeah:

Last edited:

YeuEmMaiMai

something to keep in mind fellas, just because one claims to be Christian, does not mean that they are Chrisitan