360 day year??

Jan51

Regarding Daniel's 70 weeks of years, and how the first 69 have already been exactly fulfilled, does anyone know if that is calculated in 365-day years or 360-day years? It seems like there was a big discussion about this years ago on RR and I can't remember the jist of it, but it was interesting in thinking about the possible-70-year (or 80) generation of Mat. 24.

Amity

Rev. Counts the last week of 7 years in 360 day years. If you take the number of days since May 14th, 1948 and convert to 360 day years (not going to be accurate since the hebrew and gregorian calendar is reconciled by adding months here and there) but it takes us from 71 years to almost 72.5. Add 7 for the trib and that doesn't leave much at all. Between Matthew 24 fig tree parable and Psalms 90:10 generation being 70-80 years, we either have to be right on the cusp, or will soon have to reassess our understanding of those verses.

Jan51

Rev. Counts the last week of 7 years in 360 day years. If you take the number of days since May 14th, 1948 and convert to 360 day years (not going to be accurate since the hebrew and gregorian calendar is reconciled by adding months here and there) but it takes us from 71 years to almost 72.5. Add 7 for the trib and that doesn't leave much at all. Between Matthew 24 fig tree parable and Psalms 90:10 generation being 70-80 years, we either have to be right on the cusp, or will soon have to reassess our understanding of those verses.
Yes, these are things I was wondering about--how it affects our understanding of the time frame.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
Very well said!!

Amity

Another interesting thought along those lines.... this Rosh Hashanah would/could be the last one to fall within the 80 year limit but still prior to the last 7 years reserved for the trib. Look at everything that is happening right now. Like I said previously, we either fly really soon or we have to reassess when the generation that sees the blossoming of the fig tree started. I'm thinking we fly soon.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Another interesting thought along those lines.... this Rosh Hashanah would/could be the last one to fall within the 80 year limit but still prior to the last 7 years reserved for the trib. Look at everything that is happening right now. Like I said previously, we either fly really soon or we have to reassess when the generation that sees the blossoming of the fig tree started. I'm thinking we fly soon.
Interesting point my fine friend.
;)

ByGod'sGrace

I agree, especially with the election outcome in Israel. Netanyahu tried to form a unity government, but it didn't work. Gantz is liberal, and I can only see a liberal Israel accepting the AC. I could totally be wrong, but this is the feeling I have......

Amity

I agree, especially with the election outcome in Israel. Netanyahu tried to form a unity government, but it didn't work. Gantz is liberal, and I can only see a liberal Israel accepting the AC. I could totally be wrong, but this is the feeling I have......

Agreed. I'd been feeling for months now that Netanyahu's time was up. The Lord put him there for a purpose but now that is done.

greg64

While we're on feasts, for some reason I always get more excited about Sukkot than I do for Rosh Hashanah. I guess it's just something about the booths...

Regardless of that, I do think time is short. Things keep falling ever more into place but they haven't quite clicked yet. One day soon I think they will and a lot of things will probably happen very quickly.

I find it interesting to check the headlines on Drudge most days. There has been a lot about ufo's lately. Also rumors of war. And of course more delusion than I ever thought I'd see, and getting worse every day.
Add Trump and Netanyahu derangement syndromes and all I can say is Maranatha...

Sowen

I'm in the camp that believes "this generation" refers to those alive when the tribulation (these things) takes place, not to 1948 when Israel became a nation again; many believe Israel in 1948 = the budding of the fig tree in the parable, but there's no strong Scripture support for that.

Also, Jesus explained the fig tree parable in the exact same sentence that He mentioned it. Just as you know summer is near when you see a fig tree blooming, you can know that the return of Christ is near when you see the tribulation. He meant the quickness in which the events of the tribulation will happen once they start - it's like knocking over the first domino. He then reinforces the quickness by saying the people who see the tribulation start (this generation) will be the same who see it end (will not pass away until all these things take place).

Another thing to consider is the length of a generation in Scripture varies (40 years, 100 years, 120 years), so it's not a good Bible reading method to choose one of those numbers then plug it into an equation to calculate a date for the rapture especially since we can't be sure of the start date as Scripture doesn't give it to us; this is the mistake date setters make.

It's more consistent with Matthew's context to understand the term generation to mean those alive at a certain period of time rather than the average human lifespan.

Sowen

I'll just add to that below for anyone interested in the math of Daniel's 70 weeks because the link only mentions Sir Robert Anderson's work, but there have been others after him with more accurate calculations.

"The Chronological Aspects of the Life of Christ" by chronologist Professor Harold Hoehner is built on Anderson's work.

NeverThirsty.org offers corrections to Anderson and Hoehner as well as their own calculations.

Here's another interesting calculation.

They disagree on the exact day, but they all agree on the same year. This is utterly astonishing because no one can predict the future, yet hundreds of years before it happened, Daniel told us the Messiah would arrive exactly 483 years after the decree to rebuild Jerusalem, and then 483 years after the decree, it actually happened! Wow. It's very solid evidence that the Bible is legit.

ByGod'sGrace

Agreed. I'd been feeling for months now that Netanyahu's time was up. The Lord put him there for a purpose but now that is done.
Yes, agreed. :-( Now there are news articles saying how President Trump was "played" by Israel. It is interesting to see that type of news pop up now, because it is actively trying to divide the US from Israel and that relationship that was built up between Netanyahu and Trump...but President Trump did say his loyalty was to Israel....not just Netanyahu.

Regarding Daniel's 70 weeks of years, and how the first 69 have already been exactly fulfilled, does anyone know if that is calculated in 365-day years or 360-day years? It seems like there was a big discussion about this years ago on RR and I can't remember the jist of it, but it was interesting in thinking about the possible-70-year (or 80) generation of Mat. 24.

Hi, great question.

Are you familiar with sir Robert Anderson? He wrote a number of bible commentaries one of which is titled the coming prince it’s about anti-Christ, pretty good read.

Using the Jewish calendar he and the Royal London observatory they were able to trace if back to the decree issued by king Cyrus’s gave the decree to rebuild the temple and city of Jerusalem found the decree was given on Passover and 49 years later on Passover it was built. At that point 7 of the 70 Weeks were now done. That left 63 weeks of years. This 62 Weeks Weeks Of Years began with the city of Jerusalem and temple built. From that point until the Messiah would be crucified and we know that happened and with it another 62 weeks of years when added to the first number to the first 7 weeks of years it comes to 69 Weeks of years and a total of 483 years and this ended on the Passover the Lord was cutoff. That leaves one week of years that has not been fulfilled. Seven years which will also start on a future Passover with the coming of anti- Christ. 3 and a half years anti-christ wii turn on Israel and 3 and a half years after that the Lord returns on Passover defeats anti-Christ, the false prophet and their armies. Anti-Christ the false prophet and their defeated army is cast in the Lake of Fire. Satan is brought down to be a prisoner for 1,000 years. He is loosed, he and his army is thrown in the Lake of Fire with anti-Christ the false prophet have been for a thousand years. The dead are resurrected and the Great. White Throne Judgment takes place. The redeemed to everlasting life and the others to ever letting destruction. Then it is party time the new heaven and new earth come down then the new Jerusalem and our Bridegroom and His Bride will have the Wedding Supper of the Lamb and only eternity to enjoy it. Oh yeah even so Lord Jesus come.

mattfivefour

@Breath of life: welcome to Rapture Forums.

I have read your initial posts with interest. In reference to your post above, I would offer that Robert Anderson was a very godly man and published some very useful views. But he was also limited by the scholarship of his day. A few of his views have been overtaken by better informed scholarship. I would suggest that while Christ died at the moment of the offering of the Passover lamb, it does not follow that the Antichrist will appear at Passover, nor that Christ will return on Passover. There are a couple of Jewish Feast Days proposed by various commentators. Myself, I lean toward the Feast of Tabernacles.

Based on my own studies, I would suggest that particular feast has two fulfillments. The first was at Christ's First Coming. The Second will be at His Second Coming. It is beautifully elliptical, typical of God! Christ came the first time and tabernacled with man for 33-1/2 years for the purpose of redeeming him; He will come the second time to tabernacle with man for 1000 years for the purpose of fulfilling His promises made to the Jews, to the church, to the Nations, and to Creation. Dr David Reagan has a very good article on those promises—laying out the reasons for the Millennium—over at Lamb & Lion Ministries. You can find it at https://christinprophecy.org/articles/why-a-millennium/

May I also respectfully suggest that—on the basis of Scripture alone—that there are NO redeemed at the Great White Throne Judgment, but that all who appear there will be cast into the Lake of Fire. Reading your other posts you have put up, I have some other quibbles. But rather than reinventing the proverbial wheel, may I suggest that you go to our main site and check out our articles expanding on the Book of Revelation? The link is https://www.raptureforums.com/category/revelation/ . I think you will find some useful info there. Currently we have 144 of them and all are worth reading. I highly recommend Jack Kelley's excellent article, The Revelation Story at: https://www.raptureforums.com/revelation/the-revelation-story/ . It is the best survey or overview of Revelation I think I have ever read.

Back