30yr Yoga ban is lifted on yoga in schools in Alabama :-(

newtofaith

I do yoga everyday. Just some stretches and calming my breathing. I don't think what I do is the least bit satanic. I do, however, think that yoga is being brought in to schools for demonic reasons. I imagine there will be chanting and opening third eye and all that rubbish.
It depends who is doing the yoga and who is instructing.
I don't even think about it being 'yoga'; I think it is stretching, twisting, relaxing. Or just a really good work out sometimes.

TrustinHim

Back when I was taking martial arts classes the instructor would want the class to do the breathing empty your mind meditating stuff and I straight up told him in front of the class that this was eastern mysticism and I would not be a participant as a Christian. (He claimed to be a Christian himself) I don't think he was very fond of me pointing that out.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Back when I was taking martial arts classes the instructor would want the class to do the breathing empty your mind meditating stuff and I straight up told him in front of the class that this was eastern mysticism and I would not be a participant as a Christian. (He claimed to be a Christian himself) I don't think he was very fond of me pointing that out.

That's one reason I liked Krav Maga. No mumbo jumbo. Just taking care of business :tappingfoot

Footsteps

Fine double talk, isn't it? Hang on, let go. Concentrate, but don't think. Whatever it takes for you to send your mind to laa-laa land.
Zen question to "contemplate": "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" Now there's a real path of enlightenment! If you "contemplate" long enough to pass into the next world, you will finally know one truth: you will be able to contemplate forever while wondering why the air conditioning doesn't work.

Wings Like Eagles

Cheeky is not exaggerating. Run. Every time you find "meditation" in the Bible it is about thinking/meditating on God, God’s work, and God’s WORD. The REAL GOD...
...Always learning, and never coming to a knowledge of the truth - as he died, Bhudda said he was still searching for the truth. Jesus said "I AM THE TRUTH".
And He was resurrected--never to die again--as the proof! Was Buddha resurrected? No. Was Mohammad resurrected? No. Was any Hindu "god" ever resurrected? No. Were any Jews resurrected before Jesus was? No. But, the oldest book in the Bible, Job, clearly speaks of resurrection. "Nevertheless, in my flesh, I shall see God..."

antitox

My karate master was a Christian. We did Korean karate (Tae Kwon Do). He took the names of each form and replaced them with the books of the bible. For example, the Chun Gi kata he called Genesis. So he made it his own. You can do that when you have master rank. You can establish your own system. So movements are movements or forms are just simply a form. It's what you do with it.

Wings Like Eagles

Our daughter took several years of Ninjutsu classes in grades 5, 6 and part of grade 7. She was pretty good at it and her Japanese Sensei wanted her to go on to take advanced classes, but he required that his advanced students take the "ethics" course that went with the advanced training. Our daughter, who was/is a Christian, told him that, as a Christian, she could not take any eastern religious training. This was completely without our prompting, as we didn't know anything about it until the Sensei approached us about it. We were proud of her for standing up for Christ. She quit the dojo soon after but she did say that she missed the conditioning. It was very rigourous.

madcat

Just throwing in a comment or two. As a Physical Therapist, I understand God made our intricate bodies, and they consist of muscles connected by tendons to bones, and then ligaments holding bone to bone. They only “contract” or “rest” either voluntarily or some automatically through the autonomic nervous system (heart, diaphragm, etc).
While some use our God-given bodies for evil, it doesn’t make the actual movements evil. MANY use our reproductive systems for some serious evil, but that doesn’t make everyone fall into that category. You can carry that over to every part of our bodies.

I wouldn’t go to a formal “Yoga“ class, because they link it to Hindu mystical principals, but the movements themselves are some “good stuff”. Just think of it as stretching the long muscle bellies, and then drill down to the smaller ones.
Our bodies are divine (well maybe not so divine in THIS world, but SOON), so stretch-away and enjoy!!!!
Maybe call a church group S.P.A.S. (Stretch, Praise, and Sing) ????????

madcat

I work in the school system and see yoga being pushed more and more into the school. I don't have a problem with the stretches and breathing. What I do have a problem with is when the lady in the video teaching these kids tells them to say "Namaste" (meaning: I bow to you) multiple times.

Typical. The left, woke, reprobates could demonize a newborn baby (well, come to think about it, that already happens).:mad:

Love His Appearing

Maybe call a church group S.P.A.S. (Stretch, Praise, and Sing) ????????
OOOOOHHHH!!! YES! That is an excellent name!! Love it. Especially since it really does feel like you just left the spa when you get all nice and loose.

and on the breathing...as someone who tends to be a shallow breather with chronic low oxygen saturation, the deep breathing really does help relax the tense muscles in my shoulders. But it is done as respiratory therapy not trying to empty my mind.

AS most all of you have said the stretching is good, the western mysticism is not.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
OOOOOHHHH!!! YES! That is an excellent name!! Love it. Especially since it really does feel like you just left the spa when you get all nice and loose.

and on the breathing...as someone who tends to be a shallow breather with chronic low oxygen saturation, the deep breathing really does help relax the tense muscles in my shoulders. But it is done as respiratory therapy not trying to empty my mind.

AS most all of you have said the stretching is good, the western eastern mysticism is not.

Fixed :lol

jerichoo777

It is very troubling how Yoga is a religious practice and there is zero liberal/government complaints to having children do it in school. As a matter of fact it is sponsored by the schools. It is everywhere on TV, in medicine and in society with no thoughts about it being religion. Yet people cringe at biblical Christianity. Not really surprised as "the world" at it's core is anti God.

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
Why me Yogi?...

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

depserv

Yoga is an example of something evil wearing the mask of something good. Yoga purely as a form of exercise is fine I suppose, but if you only use it as an exercise the poses are probably not any better than any other kind of stretching, and are probably not as good as a stretching routine designed by an expert in body mechanics. I'd say the relaxation and concentration are useful, and do not have to involve devil worship.

Likewise, meditation is a good tool that can make those who do it better at the two things it consists of: relaxation and concentration. Strip away the devil worship that's part of many kinds of meditation and it can be a good mental exercise (especially for someone like me who had ADD). One of the fundamental principles of exercise is specificity, which means essentially that you get better at doing whatever it is you do. So do pushups and you get better at pushups. Do an exercise that focuses on concentration and relaxation and you get better at those things.

I studied meditation years ago as part of my martial art study. Among other things I read several books on it, in all of its forms. I remember reading an article about a meditation practiced in China many years ago that was based on the movements of workers in a silk factory. I read about some kind of meditation that involved getting into an uncomfortable position and then focusing the mind on something and being as relaxed as possible while doing it; I remember thinking that sounds a lot like welding (field welding, not shop welding). I eventually developed a theory that what has been called the protestant work ethic is (or can be) the meditation of the western world.

All meditation consists of two things: relaxation and concentration; what varies from one form to another is what attention is focused on. So focus your mind totally on your work and be as relaxed as you can while you do it and I'd say that qualifies as meditation, and carries the benefits of meditation. More formal methods can be good too, as long as there is no devil worship involved. Even self hypnosis is a good form. To me it's just a form of exercise, mostly mental, but still useful.

Last edited:

depserv

It is very troubling how Yoga is a religious practice and there is zero liberal/government complaints to having children do it in school. As a matter of fact it is sponsored by the schools. It is everywhere on TV, in medicine and in society with no thoughts about it being religion. Yet people cringe at biblical Christianity. Not really surprised as "the world" at it's core is anti God.
Liberalism is clearly a satanic cult, and that cult controls the schools, most information media, and much of our government. I suppose that should not be a surprise since the cult faithfully serves what the Bible calls the god of this world. The cult using its control to indoctrinate kids is no surprise either.