24-foot waves coming to Northern California beaches: 'It's going to look gnarly'

Kerbluey

Kerbluey ... the Gulf Coast beaches are some of the most beautiful in the world. But there are hardly any waves in the Gulf. The east coast has waves as far south as Vero Beach. I learned at Crescent Beach and Cocoa Beach. East Coast waves are big enough to surf but are still little munchkins compared with Cal and Hawaii.

Crescent Beach up on Anastasia Island near St. Augustine? One of my FAVORITE beaches! I’ve been by Cocoa, but we spent most beach time up further north. One of the best places we discovered is Cape Canaveral National Seashore. You have miles of beach with very few people.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
In 1988 a game called T&C surf (surfing and skate boarding game) was released for the original Nintendo console. On that game is a character called "Thrilla Gorilla" that, although not identical, looks very similar to the emoji in question and very likely the basis for the emoji design.

The emoji is too small for me to see clearly. When I saw it one of those ninja turtles was the first thing to come to mind. But since there's not a pizza in the emoji...