16-Year-Old Entrepreneur Buys Confiscated Storage Units to Help Owners Recover Family Treasures

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

16-Year-Old Entrepreneur Buys Confiscated Storage Units to Help Owners Recover Family Treasures​

"Lots of teens look for novel ways to supplement their summer income. After surfing YouTube for ideas, this 16-year-old came up with a plan and is now uplifting people who are down on their luck.
It was only after setting the wheels in motion, however, that Shane Jones discovered turning his money-making scheme into a nonprofit venture would earn him a lot more satisfaction.
A DIY video detailing the steps for buying repossessed storage units online and selling the contents appealed to the Rhode Islander’s entrepreneurial spirit. Taking $100 he’d saved up from his job at a used bookstore, last August, he put in a bid on his first unit—and won.
Per the terms of the auction, the youth from Wakefield bought the unit sight unseen—but when he realized the contents contained a raft of personal treasures likely worth more to their former owners than for any potential resale value, the experience was eye-opening.
“I started out thinking that bidding at a storage auction was kind of like a yard sale, but now I know that’s not true,” Shane told The Washington Post. “These people didn’t choose to give me this stuff. They didn’t have a choice. It’s almost like a duty to give it back.”"
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/shane-jones-buys-repossessed-storage-units-to-help-owners/