1500 Year Old "Bible" Claims That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified

Onkuty

Sorry for that stupid title. It's in the article..

Here we go again.. :doh: Well, we are surely in the end times.

1500 Year Old Bible Confirms That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified

Much to the dismay of the Vatican, an approx. 1500-2000 year old bible was found in Turkey, in the Ethnography Museum of Ankara. Discovered and kept secret in the year 2000, the book contains the Gospel of Barnabas – a disciple of Christ – which shows that Jesus was not crucified, nor was he the son of God, but a Prophet. The book also calls Apostle Paul “The Impostor”. The book also claims that Jesus ascended to heaven alive, and that Judas Iscariot was crucified in his place.

A report by The National Turk says that the Bible was seized from a gang of smugglers in a Mediterranean-area operation. The report states the gang was charged with smuggling antiquities, illegal excavations, and the possession of explosives. The books itself is valued as high as 40 Million Turkish Liras (approx. 28 mil. Dollars). Man, where is the Thieves Guild, when you need them?

According to reports, experts and religious authorities in Tehram insist that the book is original. The book itself is written with gold lettering, onto loosely-tied leather in Aramaic, the language of Jesus Christ. The text maintains a vision similar to Islam, contradicting the New Testament’s teachings of Christianity. Jesus also foresees the coming of the Prophet Muhammad, who would found Islam 700 years later.

It is believed that, during the Council of Nicea, the Catholic Church hand-picked the gospels that form the Bible as we know it today; omitting the Gospel of Barnabas (among many others) in favor of the four canonical gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Many biblical texts have begun to surface over time, including those of the Dead Sea and Gnostic Gospels; but this book especially, seems to worry the Vatican.

WhisperWisdom

Faithfully Yours Lord!
re: 1500 Year Old "Bible" Claims That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified

You know the part that gets me?

"According to reports, experts and religious authorities in Tehram insist that the book is original. The book itself is written with gold lettering, onto loosely-tied leather in Aramaic, the language of Jesus Christ. The text maintains a vision similar to Islam, contradicting the New Testament’s teachings of Christianity. Jesus also foresees the coming of the Prophet Muhammad, who would found Islam 700 years later."

I smell a rat.....

Barbasol

It's a pro Islamic website. The website is named "Moorish Harem". What else could you expect from a website that will publish an article titled " What World Famous Men Have Said About Jews" that derides the Jewish people?:eek:scar:

Another article from the site: "Istanbul: The city of delight".

By the way, doesn't this so-called "Gospel of Barnabas" get media attention every few years?

Last edited:

mattfivefour

Yes it does, Bill. People are always "rediscovering" it. The so-called Gospel of Barnabas is a Late Antiquity Period fake. Barnabas who traveled with Paul and who many believe wrote the Epistle to the Hebrews most certainly did not hold any of the heretical views promoted by that document. It contradicts not only Paul but Peter and John and all four canonical gospels. It has Gnostic roots and has apparently been heavily redacted by early Muslims in order to use it to support Islam. (In fact it would not be surprising to learn that Muslim apologists took an old Gnostic document and rewrote it to point to Muhammad as the true Messiah.) Further, I would be suspicious of the claim that this particular manuscript is 1500 years old because both prior existing copies of this work are dated 1000 years later than that. The oldest of those two (known as the "Italian" manuscript) is written in Islamic style with Islamic ornamentation on the pages. It differs to some degree from the "Spanish" manuscript which has since been lost. Everything about it points to a Muslim fake intended to destroy the faith of Jews and Christians alike while building up Islam.

ldonjohn

"God said it, that settles it!"
All I have to say is over 40 years ago the Holy Spirit convinced me that Jesus was crucified. I need no other evidence.

railfan727

This proves that Satan is completely and totally irrational... why else would he be so determined to fight a war against God that will end (in fact, the fatal wound was already inflicted at the cross!) in his total and utter defeat and destruction in the Lake of Fire???

mattfivefour

Railfan, I believe it's because he hates God with an evil hatred and wants to hurt Him anyway he can. And what better way to hurt God than to hurt His beloved creation, man. Knowing they will burn in Hell is his way of trying to cause God pain. After all, he hates us too, because. God loves us so much.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
This proves that Satan is completely and totally irrational... why else would he be so determined to fight a war against God that will end (in fact, the fatal wound was already inflicted at the cross!) in his total and utter defeat and destruction in the Lake of Fire???
I agree that Christ triumphed over all principalities and powers at the cross.

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
(Colossians 2:13-15)

But be careful about your terminology brother, because the days are coming when satan's man will get a fatal wound, (IMO one similar to that of the Apostle Paul when he was stoned and thought to be dead) from which a recovery of deceptive intent will be made. (If there ever was such a thing as a Near Death experience here is an example. For this same beast ascends from the Abyss in Rev. 11:7 to pit himself against the saints in that final 42 month period and the world will fawn at his feet via satellite communications (Rev. 13:3b)).

And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?" And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If anyone has an ear, let him hear. He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth—by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived.
(Revelation 13:3-14)

To avoid frivolous interpretations note vs. 14 this beast was wounded by the sword.(No hint of a previously resurrected empire or person, although he is part of a revived empire).

Last edited:

Joe B

The Islamic religion is a fake, this so called Bible is a fake!

There is only one true God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and all of us here know, that is a FACT!

ReadyforSupper

Post removed by mod.

It's amazing to us that people like you actually take the time to sign up on a forum that you will undoubtedly be banned from.

This is a Bible believing group of Christians and you'll get absolutely nowhere with this rhetoric.

We will, however, pray for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Amen.

But beyond that, be gone!

It's amazing to us that people like you actually take the time to sign up on a forum that you will undoubtedly be banned from.

This is a Bible believing group of Christians and you'll get absolutely nowhere with this rhetoric.

We will, however, pray for you.

Heistheway

Much like a young person's diary might describe events, other than how they actually occur, but according to what would most please them is not unusual.

When I contemplate the entirety of the biblical writings as they exist, I know they make sense and my spirit tells me they are true. When I read "excluded" texts, there are some interesting thoughts, but they do NOT impact the Truth as it has been given to me.

On the other hand, when I read those which in principle, contradict the King James bible, I actually sense a contrary spiritual involvement. The writing style is not so seamlessly interwoven, gives away the idea they are trying to sell, rather than inform you.

Back