12 US troops among those killed in Kabul suicide bombing

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
12 US troops among those killed in Kabul suicide bombing
Officials confirm US servicemen among those who lost their lives in bombings at Kabul airport.
Gary Willig , Aug 26 , 2021
US soldiers on plane leaving Afghanistan.

At least 12 American soldiers are among the 70 people who were killed in a double suicide bombing at the Kabul airport on Thursday, US officials confirmed. Another three soldiers were wounded. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was the first to confirm the American casualties, stating that “members of the US military have, very sadly, lost their lives.” Several minutes later, Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby confirmed that US servicemen had been killed. Members of the Taliban and civilians are also among the dead. The Taliban has condemned the bombing. The attack follows warnings from the America, British, and Australian governments Thursday morning that a major terrorist attack at the airport was "imminent." According to the warnings, the Islamic State (ISIS) was the source of the threat.

more.............. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/312510
 

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
At least 60 Afghans, 12 US troops die in Kabul attacks; IS claims responsibility
American general says military will ‘go after’ the perpetrators; Islamic State terror group says suicide bomber was within 5 meters of US forces when detonating explosives
By Agencies and TOI staff
26 August 2021

The Islamic State terror group claimed responsibility for Thursday’s deadly suicide attacks in Kabul, which killed at least 60 Afghans and 12 US troops, as the United States vowed to respond. The head of US Central Command promised retaliation for the deadly attacks he blamed on “two suicide bombers assessed to have been ISIS fighters,” and said the military would “go after” the perpetrators.

“We are working very hard right now to determine attribution, to determine who is associated with this cowardly attack, and we’re prepared to take action against them,” General Kenneth McKenzie said. He added that US forces were “prepared and ready to defend against” possible further IS attacks. IS named one of the attackers as “Abdul Rahman al Loghari,” from Afghanistan’s Logar province. The terror group claimed he reached within 5 meters of US forces before detonating his explosives.

more.............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/islamic-state-claims-deadly-kabul-attack-as-us-vows-response/
 

athenasius

Well-Known Member
The head of US Central Command promised retaliation for the deadly attacks he blamed on “two suicide bombers assessed to have been ISIS fighters,” and said the military would “go after” the perpetrators.


Like Joe Biden has been going after the Taliban or Iran lately? Or any of the other state sponsors of terror?

The military can vow to go after anyone they please, but as long as they take orders from Joe Biden, a man who is clearly out of his depth, that threat is empty. As empty as the promises given to protect the Afghan interpreters and their families.

And the whole world knows it.

Praying for their families and for the protection of those who remain in harm's way over there, enduring greater risks because of the incredible stupidity and carelessness of the current administration (and whoever is giving Joe his speech cues).
 
Top