$11,200! Yikes!

ShilohRose

We just received the invoice for the cleanup and the estimate for the restoration of the water damage to our ceiling and walls. :0_O $11,189.54! I'm in a state of shock, and that's in addition to what we've already paid the plumber. I sure hope our insurance covers most of this. We already know that in the next couple of years we'll have to replace the a/c units for $8000 and another $8000 for the roof. We'll do well if we break even when it's time to sell the house in a few years. Of course, I'm always the pessimistic one about owning a house. I always prefer to rent because it's someone else's headache when things go wrong. It's not like we ever treat any of the houses like it's ours anyway, no painting in colors we might prefer, no pictures on the wall, that kind of thing. :unsure2:shrug

:pray

Goodboy

We just received the invoice for the cleanup and the estimate for the restoration of the water damage to our ceiling and walls. :0_O $11,189.54! I'm in a state of shock, and that's in addition to what we've already paid the plumber. I sure hope our insurance covers most of this. We already know that in the next couple of years we'll have to replace the a/c units for $8000 and another $8000 for the roof. We'll do well if we break even when it's time to sell the house in a few years. Of course, I'm always the pessimistic one about owning a house. I always prefer to rent because it's someone else's headache when things go wrong. It's not like we ever treat any of the houses like it's ours anyway, no painting in colors we might prefer, no pictures on the wall, that kind of thing. :unsure2:shrug

Sorry to hear of all the money you will have to shell out! I kind of have money issues also and while I am not depending on it, I am hoping that the Rapture will happen soon. :)

Channah

If it makes things easier our bill is $37,500 just for the restoration, another $27K for the ceiling. It's painful, very painful but insurance will take care of the majority part of it.

RobinB

When we were hit with a hail storm 4-5 years ago, we had to get a new roof, siding, shutters, etc. Insurance covered it all.

Reactions: Kem