100 Random Questions

cavalier973

2. Was Jesus's parable about the two prayers (the Pharisee and the publican) related to His encounters with the rich young ruler and Zacchaeus?

cavalier973

8. Why, when seeing a vision of God's throne room, does John see twenty-four Elders, but Daniel and Isaiah, when describing the same scene, don't mention any Elders?

cavalier973

9. How do Peter, James, and John know that it is Moses and Elijah that Jesus is talking to on the Mount of Transfiguration?

greg64

For #8, I'll go with the Church was a mystery that wasn't revealed until after the cross, so Daniel and Isaiah either didn't see them or didn't make note of them (possibly directed not to -- who knows?). John saw the elders there because the Rapture had already happened at that point (Andy Woods discusses this in detail in his current series on Revelation). In Isaiah's case, was it at the same point in events? Isaiah 6 appears to happen in real-time, while Daniel 7 appears to be roughly the same time as what John saw.

Here's a thought -- one day we'll be there seeing at all take place too. Will we see Daniel and John there?

Sowen

4. Did the disciples carry around almost a year's salary in money? (John 6:5-7)
I read that as Philip making an exaggerated comparison, not that they actually had 200 denarii. i.e.There were so many people that even if they had 200 denarii, it would still not be enough.

cavalier973

11. Did one gain "eternal life" by eating,one bite of the fruit from the Tree of Life, or did one have to keep eating it to stay eternally alive?