1 Corinthians 15 vs 51 - 53

Discussion in 'Bible Study Q & A' started by Spartan Sprinter 1, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Spartan Sprinter 1

Spartan Sprinter 1 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys
    i was talking with a friend who is a post tribber who stated how can their be a pre trib rapture when 1 Corinthians 15 vs 51-53 says the following

"51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothedf with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality."

I'm a firm believer in the pre trib rapture but what last trump is this verse referring to ?
    As my frine believes that it is the 7th trumpet of the trumpet judgements that this is referring to .

HELP !!!!!!!!!!! :)

JSTyler, Andy C, Kaatje and 1 other person like this.
  2. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

The last trump of the Age of Grace, aka the Church Age.

There are a number of "last" trumps in Scripture and in Rabbinical literature. The trumpets spoken of in 1 Corinthians 15:52 And 1 Thessalonians 4:16 are one and the same: it sounds for those in Christ. The Matthew 24:31 trumpet, on the other hand, does not call believers on earth, it calls angels in Heaven. Further, none of the seven trumpets in Revelation could be the same last trump --not even the last Revelation trump-- because these are sounded in Heaven.

3. Anewcreationinjesus

Anewcreationinjesus Well-Known Member

Have read an interesting point somewhere too about the military in Paul's day, re the Romans, that they had a first trumpet to suggest they had started on duty and a last trumpet to tell them it was time to go home ..... :yeah

chaser, John Romans, JSTyler and 5 others like this.
  4. Spartan Sprinter 1

Spartan Sprinter 1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input , I pray that the holy spirit will help me to discern this point to my friend

chaser, John Romans, JSTyler and 2 others like this.
  5. Jan51

Jan51 Well-Known Member

As mattfivefour pointed out, Scripture must be compared with Scripture and it must all line up in context. No one verse can disprove the pretrib rapture. No post-tribber can synthesize all relevant Scripture without allegorizing or ignoring things. The literal-grammatical-historical interpretation of the Bible always leads to a pretrib rapture. The other endtimes views are the result of denying this interpretation.

6. JSTyler

JSTyler Well-Known Member

Great points!

In bold...no different than the evolutionist and that magic ingredient, time.

7. TrustinHim

TrustinHim Active Member

The trumpets in revelations were not known at the time of the writing of Corinthians as the book of Revelations had not been made known to John the Apostle yet. Hope I got that right.

8. ExultingInHim

ExultingInHim Member

I think I saw somewhere that the last trump was ... our President! :)

MePlus6 likes this.
  9. Anewcreationinjesus

Anewcreationinjesus Well-Known Member

:D

MePlus6 likes this.