1 Corinthians 15 vs 51 - 53

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Hi Guys
i was talking with a friend who is a post tribber who stated how can their be a pre trib rapture when 1 Corinthians 15 vs 51-53 says the following

"51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothedf with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality."

I'm a firm believer in the pre trib rapture but what last trump is this verse referring to ?
As my frine believes that it is the 7th trumpet of the trumpet judgements that this is referring to .

HELP !!!!!!!!!!! :)

mattfivefour

The last trump of the Age of Grace, aka the Church Age.

There are a number of "last" trumps in Scripture and in Rabbinical literature. The trumpets spoken of in 1 Corinthians 15:52 And 1 Thessalonians 4:16 are one and the same: it sounds for those in Christ. The Matthew 24:31 trumpet, on the other hand, does not call believers on earth, it calls angels in Heaven. Further, none of the seven trumpets in Revelation could be the same last trump --not even the last Revelation trump-- because these are sounded in Heaven.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
The last trump of the Age of Grace, aka the Church Age.

There are a number of "last" trumps in Scripture and in Rabbinical literature. The trumpets spoken of in 1 Corinthians 15:52 And 1 Thessalonians 4:16 are one and the same: it sounds for those in Christ. The Matthew 24:31 trumpet, on the other hand, does not call believers on earth, it calls angels in Heaven. Further, none of the seven trumpets in Revelation could be the same last trump --not even the last Revelation trump-- because these are sounded in Heaven.
Thanks for your input , I pray that the holy spirit will help me to discern this point to my friend

Jan51

As mattfivefour pointed out, Scripture must be compared with Scripture and it must all line up in context. No one verse can disprove the pretrib rapture. No post-tribber can synthesize all relevant Scripture without allegorizing or ignoring things. The literal-grammatical-historical interpretation of the Bible always leads to a pretrib rapture. The other endtimes views are the result of denying this interpretation.

Revelation 11:16-18

16) And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,
17) Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.
18) And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

A few things, The 24 elders are already in heaven sitting before God's throne, They represent the 12 patriarch's and 12 apostles,. The Saints here in vs18 are speaking of the Tribulation saints. There are three raptures. Each corresponds to harvest season. The Barely harvest is the church, (Matthew 24:36-42) (1Thessalonians 4:16-17) this is the spring harvest.
The Wheat harvest are the tribulation saints. (Revelation 7:9-17) They need to be beaten by a Tribulum to be harvested.
Last harvest is the grape harvest of Israel. (Revelation 14:14-19) (Matthew 24:30-31) (Daniel 12:2)

Patiently...

https://www.gotquestions.org/24-elders.html
Some people believe these twenty-four elders represent Israel, but at the time of this vision, Israel as a whole nation had not yet been redeemed. The elders cannot represent tribulation saints for the same reason—not all had yet been converted at the time of John’s vision. The most likely option is that the elders represent the raptured Church which sings songs of redemption (Revelation 5:8-10). They wear the crowns of victory and have gone to the place prepared for them by their Redeemer (John 14:1-4).
This is what I believe also.

JSTyler

https://www.gotquestions.org/24-elders.html
Some people believe these twenty-four elders represent Israel, but at the time of this vision, Israel as a whole nation had not yet been redeemed. The elders cannot represent tribulation saints for the same reason—not all had yet been converted at the time of John’s vision. The most likely option is that the elders represent the raptured Church which sings songs of redemption (Revelation 5:8-10). They wear the crowns of victory and have gone to the place prepared for them by their Redeemer (John 14:1-4).
This is what I believe also.
:yeah

Back