Another woke business in for a surprise??

DWB

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...31&cvid=9faddee7571948ee9a6b455a38e3b2ef&ei=7

A flower shop in Nashville is refusing to cater to a Republican event featuring Donald Trump. I understand a business not wanting to serve certain groups, I then think about what if that particular group was a bunch of blacks, or Muslims, or Jews; then would that be ok too? I think we all know the answer. Not wanting to go down that path here, the flower shop happens to be in the most expensive part of Nashville and probably the whole state.

I see no upside for this business, only lost sales in their future. I'm guessing by their location that their prices are probably higher than other flower shops in other less expensive parts of the city. Also, most likely their business is from local residents, which again would be very Republican who may prefer to do business with companies that appreciate their values. The market will do its job and time will tell. Maybe they should ask the folks at Bud Light how their sales are going.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Short term there is often an impact. Long term, not so much. BUD stock is down some but really not all that much yet. Need to look at it in a year or so to see if there was any lasting impact from a conservative boycott of the company profits. For all the noise about Target, if you look at their company valuation over the last 5 years... the company has flourished. Target reached record highs long after people got upset with the company. There was a big drop last May that I don't believe was related to any boycott activity.

Maybe local businesses like this flower shop will feel the heat from their foolishness.

RobinMc

We do not have any 'stickability'. We are mad for a day or a month, then we get over it, forget and go back to normal. In a short time, people will be saying, I miss my preferred beer, and will go back to it. When we go to an outlet mall, my husband wants to still go into the Nike outlet. I'm hardcore. No, I'm not going in. He says he is just going to look. Right. Why look if you're not buying. He swears now he will not go back. I'm waiting to see.
If he does, I'm going to tell him to get one of those exercise bras advertised by a man.

GotGrace

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...31&cvid=9faddee7571948ee9a6b455a38e3b2ef&ei=7

A flower shop in Nashville is refusing to cater to a Republican event featuring Donald Trump. I understand a business not wanting to serve certain groups, I then think about what if that particular group was a bunch of blacks, or Muslims, or Jews; then would that be ok too? I think we all know the answer. Not wanting to go down that path here, the flower shop happens to be in the most expensive part of Nashville and probably the whole state.

I see no upside for this business, only lost sales in their future. I'm guessing by their location that their prices are probably higher than other flower shops in other less expensive parts of the city. Also, most likely their business is from local residents, which again would be very Republican who may prefer to do business with companies that appreciate their values. The market will do its job and time will tell. Maybe they should ask the folks at Bud Light how their sales are going.
It is this business right to do this, but shouldn’t the lawsuits be forthcoming as they continue to be for the poor baker? Are not both political?

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
We do not have any 'stickability'. We are mad for a day or a month, then we get over it, forget and go back to normal.
I cant keep up with all of the woke companies. I don't buy Nike and have never bought much beer of any kind.
But some of these companies (conglomerates?).are huge and I don't know their other brands.
I am not a good boycotter but applaud you!!

TimeWarpWife

I'm boycotting Target too. I haven't shopped in the actual store in over a year, and I recently closed my online account. I also emailed them letting them know why I closed my account and will no longer patronize their stores. Btw, I just heard that Fixer-Upper hosts Chris and Joanna Gaines, who are supposed to be Christians and who sell their Heart & Hand products through Target, have remained silent on what Target is doing. It's my understanding that people are now starting to boycott their products and watching their network because of their refusal to stand up to Target publicly.

RobinMc

I'm boycotting Target too. I haven't shopped in the actual store in over a year, and I recently closed my online account. I also emailed them letting them know why I closed my account and will no longer patronize their stores. Btw, I just heard that Fixer-Upper hosts Chris and Joanna Gaines, who are supposed to be Christians and who sell their Heart & Hand products through Target, have remained silent on what Target is doing. It's my understanding that people are now starting to boycott their products and watching their network because of their refusal to stand up to Target publicly.
Just like the young ruler that Jesus spoke to, it's hard to do the right thing when it will cost you some money. But if people boycott them, they may lose the money anyway. How much money do they need? I guess a dollar more than they have now.

TimeWarpWife

Just read that Pet Smart is now selling pride-themed stuff for pets. Do any male dogs or cats or any animal believe they're actually a female and were born the wrong gender? What will animals like robins do? Are they going to have to dye their feathers because the colors of male and female robins are different? Are male animals going to give birth now? This makes as much sense for animals as it does for humans. It's all a bunch of lunacy and nonsense. :loco

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Just read that Pet Smart is now selling pride-themed stuff for pets. Do any male dogs or cats or any animal believe they're actually a female and were born the wrong gender? What will animals like robins do? Are they going to have to dye their feathers because the colors of male and female robins are different? Are male animals going to give birth now? This makes as much sense for animals as it does for humans. It's all a bunch of lunacy and nonsense. :loco
Now they are making pet stuff gay. Pet Smart isn't smart they need to change their name. It is :loco.

TimeWarpWife

It's not only Pet Smart, now it's being reported that Chick-fil-A has hired a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion executive. From what I've read, many Christians and conservatives are now calling for the boycott of CFA. In fact, you can google "Chick-fil-A embraces DEI" and one of the links is directly to Chick-fil-A's website and its commitment to DEI that states it's "embedded" in everything they do. Of course, keep in mind that about three years ago, CEO Dan Cathy did shine the shoes of a black musician on some show while calling for white people to fight racial injustice. So I guess it shouldn't be a surprise they have now gone full-on woke. Btw, I found a great copycat recipe for the CFA chicken sandwich and I couldn't tell the difference between theirs and the one I made at home. It did take a lot more time than going by CFA to pick one up, but if they're going to go woke, then they should experience the end result consequences of going broke. I can't post the copycat recipe link because I can't remember the website and I don't think we're allowed to post things like this on RF. Of course, if we're boycotting woke companies, I guess we shouldn't be "googling" things either. :doh

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
It's not only Pet Smart, now it's being reported that Chick-fil-A has hired a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion executive. From what I've read, many Christians and conservatives are now calling for the boycott of CFA. In fact, you can google "Chick-fil-A embraces DEI" and one of the links is directly to Chick-fil-A's website and its commitment to DEI that states it's "embedded" in everything they do. Of course, keep in mind that about three years ago, CEO Dan Cathy did shine the shoes of a black musician on some show while calling for white people to fight racial injustice. So I guess it shouldn't be a surprise they have now gone full-on woke. Btw, I found a great copycat recipe for the CFA chicken sandwich and I couldn't tell the difference between theirs and the one I made at home. It did take a lot more time than going by CFA to pick one up, but if they're going to go woke, then they should experience the end result consequences of going broke. I can't post the copycat recipe link because I can't remember the website and I don't think we're allowed to post things like this on RF. Of course, if we're boycotting woke companies, I guess we shouldn't be "googling" things either. :doh
Personally, I think CFA is expensive for my taste, and their chicken sandwiches aren't that big. So I already boycott them. Whose next to go woke we have Target, Kohl's Pet Smart, Skittles, Budweiser(who isn't wise) and CFA. The list will continue getting longer jumping on a loser :loco bandwagon.

Last edited:

Bethlehem57

I hope they feel the pain when all these people go somewhere else on Wednesday nights after church to eat!

TimeWarpWife

I sent CFA a message letting them know that it was an asinine decision to get into politics rather than simply selling food and that I'm no longer going to patronize their stores. This was their response to me, "Please note, we have not done anything new and have always and will always treat customers, Team Members and the communities we serve with honor, dignity and respect." They completely missed my point, which was that instead of being involved in politics, they should simply sell food. This tells me they're not going to change, but worse, like every other woke-lunatic run company, they're going to double down on stupid. Personally, I love Chick-fil-A's chicken sandwiches and in my area CFA is way cheaper than the other fast food places, good thing I can still make a copycat version at home. I also feel bad for the franchise owner of the CFA near me because his store is excellent in every way ~ great employees, delicious food, clean store, fast service ~ but now he's probably going to suffer because of CFA corporate's idiotic decisions. Sadly, he may not even be politically motivated himself, but he's going to be the one to pay the price.

Last edited:
Back