DeSantis: I will pardon Jan. 6 defendants - including Trump

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Florida Gov. accuses Justice Department and FBI of weaponizing authority by pursuing ongoing investigations into Capitol riots.
Israel National News

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said on Thursday that if elected president, he will consider pardoning all the Jan. 6 defendants — including former President Trump — on his first day in office, The Hill reported.

“On day one, I will have folks that will get together and look at all these cases, who people are victims of weaponization or political targeting, and we will be aggressive in issuing pardons,” DeSantis was quoted as having said on “The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show” when asked about whether he will consider pardoning Jan. 6 defendants, including Trump, who is currently facing a federal investigation over his role in the Capitol riots.

“I would say any example of disfavored treatment based on politics, or weaponization would be included in that review, no matter how small or how big,” he added.

more............. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/371981

Andy C

I really wish both Trump and DeSantis would run their campaigns without attacking each other…

Can an election be won without nasty attacks on the other candidates?
I think Ron would love that, but we know Trump cant control himself like that. Its go for the juglar at first strike from Trump. It worked well for him in the past, but I dont think that style will do so again.

kathymendel

I'm wondering if he should have said that if he wants to win. So many haters will not vote for him if they know he would do this.
Might have been better off just doing it once elected, without the advance warning............????

GotGrace

To be truthful if Desantis did try to do something like this the harassment and all the other things the left will do will make it nearly impossible for Desantis for formulate any kind of dismissive actions against those involved with Jan 6 on goings.
Oh well you must consider that the harassment has already started and if he climbs in polls and popularity he will be in the crosshairs every minute of the day.

NewWine2020

Florida Gov. accuses Justice Department and FBI of weaponizing authority by pursuing ongoing investigations into Capitol riots.
Israel National News

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said on Thursday that if elected president, he will consider pardoning all the Jan. 6 defendants — including former President Trump — on his first day in office, The Hill reported.

“On day one, I will have folks that will get together and look at all these cases, who people are victims of weaponization or political targeting, and we will be aggressive in issuing pardons,” DeSantis was quoted as having said on “The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show” when asked about whether he will consider pardoning Jan. 6 defendants, including Trump, who is currently facing a federal investigation over his role in the Capitol riots.

“I would say any example of disfavored treatment based on politics, or weaponization would be included in that review, no matter how small or how big,” he added.

more............. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/371981

I'm really liking DeSantis for POTUS lately. It would be nice if he and Trump layed off of each other and demonstrated some solidarity.

NewWine2020

I'm wondering if he should have said that if he wants to win. So many haters will not vote for him if they know he would do this.
Might have been better off just doing it once elected, without the advance warning............????

I think the haters in question would still hate and I think that most people who would vote for DeSantis actually realize that the Jan 6th folks are political prisoners who the leftists are determined to make an example of to cow anyone else who might be inclined to protest when the next election is stolen.

To me the Jan 6th prisoners are no different than someone being held in a 3rd world dictatorship; they were set up as patsies by professional govt provocateurs, their rights were totally violated and they experience retributive abuse at the hands of politically indoctrinated guards who are not held accountable for it.

Biden's Amerika.

Back