Florida Governor DeSantis announces candidacy for 2024 GOP presidential nomination

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Florida Governor DeSantis announces candidacy for 2024 GOP presidential nomination
DeSantis made the announcement on Twitter during a discussion with Twitter CEO Elon Musk. Twitter crashed repeatedly during the announcement.
By REUTERS

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, whose impassioned battles over pandemic lockdowns and divisive cultural issues have endeared him to conservatives, announced on Wednesday he is seeking the Republican presidential nomination, placing him on a collision course with former President Donald Trump.

DeSantis made the announcement on Twitter during a discussion with Twitter CEO Elon Musk, DeSantis' political team confirmed. His campaign on Wednesday filed paperwork with the Federal Election Commission declaring his candidacy.

Musk confirmed his appearance on a webcast during a conference hosted by the Wall Street Journal, saying he was not endorsing DeSantis. "I'm not at this time planning to endorse any particular candidate, but I am interested in Twitter being somewhat of a town square," Musk said.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-744148

GEOINTAnalyst

NewsMax said the announcement was a total disaster, something strange, while Trump's announcement was smooth and organized.
Yep it was a big Twitter issue - DeSantis chose to launch his presidential campaign in Twitter Spaces, a live audio streaming platform that that counts Musk among its fans. However, the DeSantis event appeared to buckle under the weight of demand. By 6.20pm ET it had nearly 600,000 listeners and according to Musk was gaining 50,000 a minute.
As the live stream began, the audio feed was affected by feedback, outages and garbled audio. Listeners reported their Twitter apps crashing or logging them out as they tried to join the event. After 20 minutes of audio chaos, the stream cut out before restarting. DeSantis was able to declare his bid 25 minutes after the event had been due to start.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...residential-campaign-launch-twitter-elon-musk

mphsmom

He will never have my vote. The more I learn about him keeps showing me he is a deep state person. He is saying what people want to hear now, but there is a lot of stuff that isn't setting right with me, especially when you look into where his donors are coming from and who is behind his donors. The deep state wants him to run against Trump.

Andy C

He will never have my vote. The more I learn about him keeps showing me he is a deep state person. He is saying what people want to hear now, but there is a lot of stuff that isn't setting right with me, especially when you look into where his donors are coming from and who is behind his donors. The deep state wants him to run against Trump.
Really? I bet the woke crowd, teachers union, medical cartel, does not want him to run since he is their number one enemy.

Andy C

Remember, Trump heavily endorsed him when he ran for Governor.

However, I will follow the primary season, watch each candidate closely, and determine next year which one I will vote for.

Last edited:

penbrat

What to know about Ron Desantis Governor from Florida to run for President 2024? https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wir...loridas-governor-set-seek-presidency-99568764
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing. Wish Trump would stop with the nicknames - very childish and petty (and yes, I realize that he is a better choice than any democrat but I am liking Desantis right now). That being said, there is a long road to 2024. This battle could get very interesting if the church is still here (my vote is that we are raptured before then).

fl2007rn

I am curious about who his deep state donors are and what Gov DeSantis is doing to support the deep state? I live in Florida and DeSantis has been an outstanding governor and I am thankful with how he ran our state, especially during the pandemic. DeSantis has not supported anything associated with the deep state as far as I have seen. I will be happy to vote for him for president should he get the nomination. If Desantis does not get the nomination I will vote for whoever gets it because I cannot stand Biden, liberals, or democrat party ideology.

Last edited:
Back