Is America Worth Saving?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Is America Worth Saving?
By Tim Moore

Is America worth saving? Saving from what, you might ask. Is America worth saving from self-destruction? Maybe that’s a better question to ask.

The next question must be: How do we save America? Being active in the political arena, being a good citizen, and being a productive member of society are important. But prayer is a key that we must not neglect.

Civilizations have risen and fallen through the ages. Countries have been birthed, and countries have died. I believe the United States of America was birthed by the God of the Bible primarily for the purpose of advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ, both here and around the world, unlike any other country in history.

Even before we won our independence from England, the Christian faith had begun to spread like wildfire across the land. My dad, a United Methodist minister, used to tell me stories about the legendary circuit riders who later traveled on horseback to evangelize the new nation. These men would brave whatever was in front of them to carry the message of Jesus Christ throughout the New World. Other denominations trail-blazed the Gospel as well, and soon our country became recognized both here and abroad as a distinctly Christian nation. The evidence was so overwhelming that in 1892 the Supreme Court wrote in The Church of the Holy Trinity v. The United States decision: “These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation.”

Our country has known individual freedom unlike any other country in history. Quite frankly, the idea was novel that people could govern themselves. In order for freedom to be sustained, the masses had to be willing to act morally and lawfully by their own volition or else society would crumble from within. The Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount were how we judged good and evil, right and wrong. Some of that still remains, but respect for those teachings and reverence for the God who spoke them is deteriorating at a very rapid rate.

In America today, there is very little shame anymore. Most Americans have lost their fear of God. We are on the road to self-destruction.

Secularists mock the idea of God. Judges forbid even the acknowledgment of God in many public places. Many in the media elite make fun of Christians. The entertainment industry promotes sex without moral standards day after day, movie after movie, song after song — influencing our young people and society at large beyond measure. Try to raise any objection to this tide of immorality and you are quickly shouted down, ridiculed, and called a prude, a hater, a religious nut, a censor, or a fundamentalist.

What we are experiencing today in America is unbridled selfishness and licentiousness, and the results are manifesting themselves in many terrible ways that will only get worse if things don’t change.

For the Christian in America today, there is only so much we can do. Only 43% of our fellow countrymen go to church today. We are now outnumbered. But that which we can do, we must do. We can pray to God that He might send revival to America. We can continue to build strong Christian families. We can put our denominational barriers aside when there are issues that affect the moral health of our nation. We can continue to hold high the standard of righteousness, even if we are rejected by the world around us, and we can vote for candidates who best reflect our values. There are no perfect candidates, but we are a nation of laws, so we must elect the best available lawmakers to govern us, pray for them, and hold them accountable.

Yes, America is worth saving. For our children, grandchildren, and generations to come. There is nowhere else to start over. There is no other New World to which we can sail.

(Note: Our guest contributor, Tim Wildmon, is the President of American Family Association (AFA) and American Family Radio (AFR). AFA is a national organization that advocates for the biblical teaching of morality and values.)

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/is-america-worth-saving/

NewWine2020

Very good question, and only 43% go to church imo that's a heck of a lot.

When you look at the "message" spewed by a lot of the biggest USA churches (Osteen, Copeland) ...even a degree of "church attendance" does not necessarily equate to a positive thing.

IMHO, worshippers would do much better to fellowship with nothing but themselves and God's word then allowing themselves to be seduced by the doctrines of demons,(the false gospel of prosperity, word of faith, go-along-to-get-along, etc.). being preached by these "mega churches" as legit to people who do not know any better.

The USA really could use some missionaries from nations with the populace on fire for Christs true message, places like China and Sudan where faith can actually cost you your earthly existence as opposed to "downvotes" and "social media cancellation."

kathymendel

I would be surprised if 43% of Americans are sitting in churches every Sunday. I would guess that some of that percentage
only attend on Christmas and Easter. And, the fact that many of that percentage sitting in the pews, are led to do so by
tradition, rather than the fact they are born again believers. Jesus said many would come saying they had served him, done things
in His name, etc. but He said He never knew them. Not trying to be a Debbie-Downer, but at the same time, trying to look at things
realistically............statistics can be mis-used and mis-construed. Polls are not always based on real truth.

NewWine2020

I would be surprised if 43% of Americans are sitting in churches every Sunday. I would guess that some of that percentage
only attend on Christmas and Easter. And, the fact that many of that percentage sitting in the pews, are led to do so by
tradition, rather than the fact they are born again believers. Jesus said many would come saying they had served him, done things
in His name, etc. but He said He never knew them. Not trying to be a Debbie-Downer, but at the same time, trying to look at things
realistically............statistics can be mis-used and mis-construed. Polls are not always based on real truth.

I would guess that some of that percentage only attend on Christmas and Easter

As a churchgoer AND a gym-goer, the way parking disappears and the pews suddenly fill to overflowing on those two particular days of the year when the "C &E crowd" makes it's very brief appearance really remind me of the way the gym is overrun for a scant 3 or 4 weeks at the beginning of each new year.

It's both humorous and sad....in both cases, it requires discipline and commitment to something that one may not feel like doing in the moment but ultimately pay dividends in the long run if discipline is practiced.

SJ129

When you look at the "message" spewed by a lot of the biggest USA churches (Osteen, Copeland) ...even a degree of "church attendance" does not necessarily equate to a positive thing.

IMHO, worshippers would do much better to fellowship with nothing but themselves and God's word then allowing themselves to be seduced by the doctrines of demons,(the false gospel of prosperity, word of faith, go-along-to-get-along, etc.). being preached by these "mega churches" as legit to people who do not know any better.

The USA really could use some missionaries from nations with the populace on fire for Christs true message, places like China and Sudan where faith can actually cost you your earthly existence as opposed to "downvotes" and "social media cancellation."
We actually have a missionary at our church from Kenya. It shocked me at first. Kenya felt we needed a missionary in America! That’s how bad it’s gotten. We used to send missionaries out. We still do. But now missionaries also come here. Differnt mission fields we’ve been born into. Us here in America, a land of so much abundance & opportunity, yet we are (generally speaking) not strong in faith. Perhaps because our faith isn’t causing sacrifice/risk.
Meanwhile in other nations, they battle physical survival/ poverty/ persecution, but their faith is on fire.
All this to say- two different battles. They have faith, but are subject to extreme horrors in this world and that is their battle to fight. We have a pretty safe and easy life, our battle is more a “spiritual battle” than an earthly survival one.

Andy C

I dont think any country in todays cesspool world is worth saving. Does anyone really think things will get better, like abortion stopping, wars ending, crime easing off, alphabet crowd backing down…etc? No. However, people, lost people are worth our time and effort to help them get saved. It does not matter where someone lives right now, what matters is where they will live for eternity.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I dont think any country in todays cesspool world is worth saving. Does anyone really think things will get better, like abortion stopping, wars ending, crime easing off, alphabet crowd backing down…etc? No. However, people, lost people are worth our time and effort to help them get saved. It does not matter where someone lives right now, what matters is where they will live for eternity.
Evil men and seducers will wax worse and worse deceiving and being deceived. We know this world has to get worse because it is Gods plan to take his children :rapture out, and then the 7 years of tribulation begins at some point.

daygo

So true Andy.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

We have a lot of them here. Those that are fluent in African and Asian languages and culture are extremely helpful with refugees and immigrants arriving from the 10-40 Window. Awesome to see formerly-muslim women sneaking into established churches or building their own networks of underground women-only churches :hyper And former practitioners of all sorts of other non-Christian religions coming to churches, Bible Study, and actively participating in and starting niche missions to reach and serve people of non-US cultures, who are here :hyper Those, who have been through persecution, seem to have a special urgency about them to be about The Lord's work. In many cases it's because they believe hard persecution is coming here and coming soon.

One of the congregations that worships in the same building as the church I take Dad to is from Africa. Their kids are teaching the American and South American/Central American kids in the American congregation how to share The Gospel without pulling any punches with lost kids here. They've been through real hardships and persecution and have no fear of political or any other repercussions. Their parents are the same way and they support their kids.

Still separate worship services because of language and cultural influences/preferences, but the Sunday School and Bible studies are mixed.

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
FWIW, so long as people are still getting saved, then YES! US and Canada are definitely worth saving.

And even if the above isn't happening, so long as there are at least ten Bible-believing children of God.

32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Genesis 18:32, KJV

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14, KJV

1 And the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the second time, saying,
2 Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the Lord. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
Jonah 3, KJV

Dear God, please let the US and Canada be like Nineva and repent and turn to You, instead of Sodom and Gomorrah and remaining in sin and abominations. In Jeasus' Name.

Last edited:

Andy C

FWIW, so long as people are still getting saved, then YES! US and Canada are definitely worth saving.

And even if the above isn't happening, so long as there are at least ten Bible-believing children of God.

32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2 Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the Lord. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.
6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water:
8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands.
9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
Jonah 3, KJV

Dear God, please let the US and Canada be like Nineva and repent and turn to You, instead of Sodom and Gomorrah and remaining in sin and abominations. In Jeasus' Name.

Yes, individuals, but countries, especially the sin approved laws running rampant in the USA, filled with evil, no way.

This is the end days, we are told what it will be like, and we are there. There is no turning the clock back.

There will be a great harvest during the first half of the tribulation, our goals for now should be to try and help as many as possible see the Light before the rapture.

Andy C

Jonah 3, KJV

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/pray-for-america.110362/

Back