Florida Governor DeSantis to enter US presidential race next week

jab777

You could be right. For sure they would have to work out their differences and commit to governing for the people of America, wouldn't that be a great thing. Remember no one controls Trump, and we know he has done good for America in the past, and he can do it again, if he surrounds himself with good people he can trust.
That’s part of the problem. In his first term Trump picked some real stinkers for his administration. Most of them were outright incompetent or dedicated to working at cross purposes with him. Not sure how he resolves that since cabinet officers have to be confirmed by the Senate and they are democrat controlled right now and that may not changed.

DanLW

... and the fact that people seem to be souring on Trump not to mention his legal jeopardy on multiple fronts. He needs to enter this race with his eyes wide open and his head on a swivel because the communists will do their best to make sure he crashes and burns if he and not Trump gets the nod.

I want to amplify your last point. Establishment media will unify strongly against the Republican nominee no matter who it is. And lawfare with baseless cases will become the norm. Both lawsuits against Trump are a joke. The only reason they got anywhere is because they are in New York courts, and the jurors know what's best for them.

Kenny

That’s part of the problem. In his first term Trump picked some real stinkers for his administration. Most of them were outright incompetent or dedicated to working at cross purposes with him. Not sure how he resolves that since cabinet officers have to be confirmed by the Senate and they are democrat controlled right now and that may not changed.

You know, I would certainly think Trump has learned a lot since then, he's a smart man and I think these past 2+ years he's been working in the background to find out who he can trust, and building his campaign. I can think of several young Republican conservative's in the House, or formerly in the House, that he should be able to trust in his cabinet to work for the American people (MAGA). :)

jab777

I want to amplify your last point. Establishment media will unify strongly against the Republican nominee no matter who it is. And lawfare with baseless cases will become the norm. Both lawsuits against Trump are a joke. The only reason they got anywhere is because they are in New York courts, and the jurors know what's best for them.
Good point. Lawfare has become standard operating procedure. With Trump, the cases that have the potential to lead to serious legal jeopardy are Georgia and Federal. It will come down to a rock, paper, scissors situation to see who’s got the charges that have the greatest chance of putting Trump in jail. The feds will probably charge him with sedious conspiracy because they’ve already charged the Proud Boys with that a few weeks ago. It’s in all likelihood not going to end well. It’s horrifying and frustrating in that the Biden and Clinton crime families get away with all their illegal garbage. There’s no justice in this world and country but the Lord will bring justice in His good time.

GEOINTAnalyst

daygo

The Florida Atlantic University and Mainstreet Research survey of Republican voters released on May 11 showed Trump with an 28 percentage point lead over DeSantis, 59% to 31%. “Former President Trump continues to be a strong candidate for the Republican nomination and his support appears durable and consistent,” Kevin Wagner, professor of political science at FAU, said in a statement.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-in-their-home-state-of-florida/70217774007/
Interesting information.

penbrat

I know I am more the minority but I would support DeSantis over Trump (but obviously Trump over any democrat). That being said, as others have posted, I really don't see another Republican in the White House for a while, if ever (unless it is a RINO). Unless God intervenes, which obviously He could but don't see that either, I don't see the other side even "letting" Trump get the nomination if they can stop it. They are completely unhinged and will stop at nothing to stop him.

Shonsu

Borg # 8675309
I know I am more the minority but I would support DeSantis over Trump (but obviously Trump over any democrat). That being said, as others have posted, I really don't see another Republican in the White House for a while, if ever (unless it is a RINO). Unless God intervenes, which obviously He could but don't see that either, I don't see the other side even "letting" Trump get the nomination if they can stop it. They are completely unhinged and will stop at nothing to stop him.

Those are my thoughts exactly.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
If it is anything like 2016, I agree the Dem's will see to it Trump doesn't get in. Actually, I am wondering if the time we have left before the election America is destroyed by Biden and WEF people. The reason being is they want to bring in the NWO. Tim Scott from S.C. is running for President.

Last edited:

fl2007rn

Me too! They are trying to stop DeSantis from getting the nomination in addition to attacking Trump. I read that the NAACP issued a travel warning stating that it is dangerous for minorities to visit Florida! Meanwhile the head of the NAACP (Leon W. Russell) lives in Tampa, Florida. :mad:

katt

Me too! They are trying to stop DeSantis from getting the nomination in addition to attacking Trump. I read that the NAACP issued a travel warning stating that it is dangerous for minorities to visit Florida! Meanwhile the head of the NAACP (Leon W. Russell) lives in Tampa, Florida. :mad:
Really? Do they really think Americans don't know that Florida is full of nothing but minorities? ROTFL!!! :lol

jab777

Putting out a dumb statement like that to stir up racial unrest is uncalled for. What will be interesting to see is how many people actually adhere to it.

DanLW

After hearing DeSantis on Twitter, I don't see the campaign going far. Technical issues aside, his stump speech was low energy. The words were great, but the delivery just wasn't there. He needs to get some coaching on motivational speaking if he is serious about going toe to toe with Trump.

The candidate needs to get people excited to vote. Not only vote but vote in numbers what will overwhelm the fraud. So far. DeSantis came out the gate like Biden falling up the stairs. I like DeSantis, but this was rough

I think we need Trump in 2024 because if we can get him across the finish line, he will burn the system (metaphorically) to the ground. Turn the firings I to a game show and purge the deep state. Then get DeSantis in for 2028. Or even MTG if she does turn out to be his running mate.

Andy C

After hearing DeSantis on Twitter, I don't see the campaign going far. Technical issues aside, his stump speech was low energy. The words were great, but the delivery just wasn't there. He needs to get some coaching on motivational speaking if he is serious about going toe to toe with Trump.

The candidate needs to get people excited to vote. Not only vote but vote in numbers what will overwhelm the fraud. So far. DeSantis came out the gate like Biden falling up the stairs. I like DeSantis, but this was rough

I think we need Trump in 2024 because if we can get him across the finish line, he will burn the system (metaphorically) to the ground. Turn the firings I to a game show and purge the deep state. Then get DeSantis in for 2028. Or even MTG if she does turn out to be his running mate.
Bad start, but Ron's firing away at Trump today, asking why did Trump turn the country over to Dr Falchi in 2020, when Florida stayed open. Ron is far more conservative on social issues than Trump.

This will be a good battle to watch, and as we get closer, the polls will definitely tighten. It wont be a cake walk for Trump. My mind is not yet made up on which of these two I will vote for.

Back