Biden endorses plan to train Ukrainian pilots on F-16 fighter jets -officials

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Biden endorses plan to train Ukrainian pilots on F-16 fighter jets -officials
Training on the US-made jets will take place in Europe and will require months to complete.
By REUTERS

President Joe Biden told G7 leaders on Friday that Washington supports joint allied training programs for Ukrainian pilots on F-16 fighter jets, senior US officials said, a significant endorsement as Kyiv seeks to boost its air power against Russia.

Training on the US-made jets will take place in Europe and will require months to complete, one of the officials said. US officials have estimated the most expeditious time needed for training and delivery of F-16s at 18 months.

more........... https://www.jpost.com/international/article-743627

liv4Him

Son, Husband, Dad, Neighbor
I don't see Ukrainian pilots getting proficient in flying a F-16 in time to useful in this war. F-16s are not easy jump in and fly, especially when you are use to flying mig type fighters as the Ukraine pilots are.

Either the US will have to have our pilots in them or they will just get smoked by Russian fighters.

jab777

Interesting.
It is. I’m not sure it’s a good idea. Given the amount of aid we’ve given Ukraine to some extent to the detriment of our needs here at home we might as well make them a US territory officially. You wonder if Zelensky is aware of the fact that Russia, China and Iran are throwing in together and that’s not going to be good for anyone. And beyond a doubt the US is going to be in deep trouble especially if we deplete our military hardware and weapons to next to nothing. That’s 2 handicaps for us: a debilitated president who’s in sympathy with communism and seemingly hates our country and its founding and a depleted inventory of military hardware. Not to mention a military leadership that’s so woke they can’t find their backends with both hands and a flashlight. I used to wonder how it could be that the US could be a nonentity on the world stage and unable to come to Israel’s aid or anything else. Welp, I don’t wonder any longer. As Dave Reagan always says “Look up and be watchful for your redemption draws near.”

daygo

It is. I’m not sure it’s a good idea. Given the amount of aid we’ve given Ukraine to some extent to the detriment of our needs here at home we might as well make them a US territory officially. You wonder if Zelensky is aware of the fact that Russia, China and Iran are throwing in together and that’s not going to be good for anyone. And beyond a doubt the US is going to be in deep trouble especially if we deplete our military hardware and weapons to next to nothing. That’s 2 handicaps for us: a debilitated president who’s in sympathy with communism and seemingly hates our country and its founding and a depleted inventory of military hardware. Not to mention a military leadership that’s so woke they can’t find their backends with both hands and a flashlight. I used to wonder how it could be that the US could be a nonentity on the world stage and unable to come to Israel’s aid or anything else. Welp, I don’t wonder any longer. As Dave Reagan always says “Look up and be watchful for your redemption draws near.”
There's something upwind can smell it.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
@Tall Timbers @Andy C @Ghoti Ichthus

Are we giving away enough equipment to hurt our own defenses?
I won't ask that about $$$.....already know that one.

None of us really know, but from news reports, our war fighting stocks are being severely depleted and our National Oil Reserve is being drained. Because wokeness is taking priority over warfighting readiness, the percentage of military assets that we have that are ready to use is way, way down, similar to what happened to the USSR's military after it collapsed. It's almost as if we're being prepped so we can be attacked and not be able to effectively respond. :(

liv4Him

Son, Husband, Dad, Neighbor

We have been staging equipment in Poland for 6 plus months.

The last year I have watched Atlas Air, amerijet, and several other private companies that have military contacts to move troops and equipment all heading to Poland and other places in Europe.

Things will go fully hot in Europe sooner rather than later. NATO will soon be fully engaged with Russia and not just playing footsie with them in a proxy war through the Ukraine.

We can't afford to keep giving equipment and ammunition to Ukraine without eventually stepping in. They are firing artillery shells faster than we can replace them. And they're not trained so they're not effective with munitions were giving them.

Plus war is an economy in it self. ALL of the countries in the world have played the kick-the-can Ponzi scheme past the point of no return. Economic collapse is not only eminent it's also unavoidable at this point and wars have been started for much less.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

This has been going on for some time. I'm very concerned that it is, in particular the oil reserves being depleted to keep consumers less angry at the pumps.

OTOH, we don't know if the oil reserves are being refilled as fast as they're being released (or faster). Ditto whether or not munitions being sent to Ukraine, etc. are those that needed to be rotated out, with replacements already made and in place or in the depots ready to be moved in as space becomes available. Usually, stocks are rotated via military training and routine operational needs and military assistance to other countries, so this kind of expend-and-refill is normal. The actual numbers, strategies, priorities, etc. of that kind of stuff is classified, so TPTB (rightly) won't (and shouldn't) tell us. However, it may be in TPTB plans to let us think this is what is going on so less resistance to sending boot on the ground in Europe and drafting. I think the military-industrial complex is producing as fast as it can because there's far too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to be made off of a war, especially when American Soldiers aren't fighting and dying, and there's popular support for sending help to Ukraine. Max capacity of production may or may not have been impacted by supply chain and workforce issues. Additionally, there's retooling (including robot reprogramming and human training) and reconfiguration of supplies needed for production any time there's an advance in technology or change in military needs. Max capacity during "regular" times is far different than max capacity during World War II-type war footing and sacrifices, too.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

antitox

We have been staging equipment in Poland for 6 plus months.

The last year I have watched Atlas Air, amerijet, and several other private companies that have military contacts to move troops and equipment all heading to Poland and other places in Europe.

Things will go fully hot in Europe sooner rather than later. NATO will soon be fully engaged with Russia and not just playing footsie with them in a proxy war through the Ukraine.

We can't afford to keep giving equipment and ammunition to Ukraine without eventually stepping in. They are firing artillery shells faster than we can replace them. And they're not trained so they're not effective with munitions were giving them.

Plus war is an economy in it self. ALL of the countries in the world have played the kick-the-can Ponzi scheme past the point of no return. Economic collapse is not only eminent it's also unavoidable at this point and wars have been started for much less.

I believe this is why the evil Biden left all that equipment in Afghanistan.
To dump off our military hardware.

athenasius

The only reason Putin hasn't used small tactical nukes or neutron bombs or suitcase nukes in Ukraine is The Restrainer in the person of the Holy Spirit actively restraining evil. How long God will allow that restraint to hold back the full force of war in Ukraine is God's decision and that relates to how close we are to Gog Magog, the Rapture and the Tribulation.

This latest seems calculated to drive Putin over the edge, but so have a number of other things, which haven't resulted in all out war even though they should have.

Which is why I bring up The Restrainer and His activities in relation to holding Putin back from doing what he wants to do, and doing what his war doctrine of 2014 allows him to do in response to NATO's incursion on his perceived territory.

penbrat

I feel terrible for the people of Ukraine (and the people of Russia who didn't want this war). But there is something about Zelensky I just don't care for. And I agree with the comments up thread, the speed of the downfall of the US in the past 3 years has been both heartbreaking and incredible at the same time. We are nothing but a house of cards ready to fall and the entire world knows it.

NewWine2020

I feel terrible for the people of Ukraine (and the people of Russia who didn't want this war). But there is something about Zelensky I just don't care for. And I agree with the comments up thread, the speed of the downfall of the US in the past 3 years has been both heartbreaking and incredible at the same time. We are nothing but a house of cards ready to fall and the entire world knows it.

He's a snake. I saw a political cartoon not long ago (that curiously no longer comes up with a google search) that shows him snorting up donation money and plastic army men with a dollar bill as if he were snorting a line of cocaine.

I think this is probably a fairly accurate and astute representation of this guy. Massive media efforts aside, Zalinski is no hero at all; the men and women fighting to protect their homes and families from a heartless foreign invader are.

And yes, I know the Russian conscripts, sometimes being forced into human wave attacks (just like WW2) are very much victims as well but their well publicized record of ongoing war crimes, particularly those of sexual nature against civilians makes it very hard for me to empathize with them equally.

lismore

Possible but I think Ukraine is going to be another Afghanistan.
Perhaps the terrain will make a difference. Afghanistan is Mountainous and rugged. Ukraine is flatter, apart from Rivers there are no natural barriers, a breakout would be a breakthrough. But the threat of Russia winning might be enough to form a revived Roman Empire. I think what Europe is lacking for that is a leader, politicians are desperately unpopular. If they had a worldly popular leader like the A/C will be I think it would happen quickly. God Bless :)

Back