Florida Governor DeSantis to enter US presidential race next week

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Florida Governor DeSantis to enter US presidential race next week
DeSantis will likely file paperwork declaring his candidacy on May 25 to coincide with a donor meeting, with a more formal launch the week of May 29.
By REUTERS

Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis will officially enter the 2024 US presidential race next week, according to two sources familiar with the decision, immediately becoming Donald Trump's biggest rival for the Republican nomination and shaking up a contest that largely has been one-sided. DeSantis will likely file paperwork declaring his candidacy on May 25 to coincide with a donor meeting in Miami, with a more formal launch the week of May 29, according to a source.

more........... https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-743399

jab777

Too bad for him, I think. He's listening to the wrong people, but I guess money has a loud voice.
Well, it’s probably too good of an opportunity for him to pass up. He’s banking on his track record as governor (which is pretty good), his pretty wife, adorable kids(last president who had really small kids (under 10) was JFK) and the fact that people seem to be souring on Trump not to mention his legal jeopardy on multiple fronts. He needs to enter this race with his eyes wide open and his head on a swivel because the communists will do their best to make sure he crashes and burns if he and not Trump gets the nod.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Trump and he both live in Florida 2 candidates running from Florida. Trump has a lot of people who are for him because he was a good President. His rallies are always a huge turnout. I don't know what kind of chance DeSantis has against Trump, but the people of Florida like him as Governor.

UntilTheWholeWorldHears

Trump and he both live in Florida 2 candidates running from Florida. Trump has a lot of people who are for him because he was a good President. His rallies are always a huge turnout. I don't know what kind of chance DeSantis has against Trump, but the people of Florida like him as Governor.
I like him a lot as our Governor, but I do t believe he has a shot against Trump. Perhaps after they torch each other he can be the VP.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
It would seem Trump should easily beat him, but Ron is very well liked and respected. IMO, he should sit this one out and be ready for 2028.

If he really does run, its going to be a brutal fight.

:popcorn2
Ron DeSantis is 44 years old so in 2024 he will be 46 in September, and the election is in November. He is much younger than Trump. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Floridians may not be happy if he wins as President because who will be their governor. It maybe someone who doesn't stand up for them like DeSantis does.

fl2007rn

I have been thankful to have Gov DeSantis as my governor and I think he would be a wonderful president. I really wish that President Trump was not running because he would be 78 years old when taking the presidency ( if elected). I certainly appreciate what President Trump did for us but I honestly want a younger president.

jab777

I have been thankful to have Gov DeSantis as my governor and I think he would be a wonderful president. I really wish that President Trump was not running because he would be 78 years old when taking the presidency ( if elected). I certainly appreciate what President Trump did for us but I honestly want a younger president.
Makes sense. I think that people running for president shouldn’t run after the age of 65. If they serve 2 terms they are out by 74 or 75. Likewise, there should be term limits for the House and the Senate. 3 terms for the House and 1 term for the Senate. Our founders never intended people to get elected and hold office till in the words of Thomas Jefferson they “have one foot in the grave and the other uplifted to follow.”

fl2007rn

Makes sense. I think that people running for president shouldn’t run after the age of 65. If they serve 2 terms they are out by 74 or 75. Likewise, there should be term limits for the House and the Senate. 3 terms for the House and 1 term for the Senate. Our founders never intended people to get elected and hold office till in the words of Thomas Jefferson they “have one foot in the grave and the other uplifted to follow.”
I agree. My mother in law is 87 and has Alzheimers and she is more "With It" than Joe Biden. I cannot watch him speak because it is a shame he is the President. It makes one wonder who is really running the country because it is not Kamala.

Andy C

Ron DeSantis is 44 years old so in 2024 he will be 46 in September, and the election is in November. He is much younger than Trump. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Floridians may not be happy if he wins as President because who will be their governor. It maybe someone who doesn't stand up for them like DeSantis does.
Your LtGov seems ok

jab777

I agree. My mother in law is 87 and has Alzheimers and she is more "With It" than Joe Biden. I cannot watch him speak because it is a shame he is the President. It makes one wonder who is really running the country because it is not Kamala.
My guess? A cooperative of communist minded people probably headed by people named Clinton and Obama. Essentially this foolishness started with Woodrow Wilson who was very progressive, was furthered by FDR who was Assistant Secretary of the Navy under Wilson, pushed further by LBJ eventually culminating in Obama. The only democrat presidents who weren’t lefties were JFK and Truman. Biden isn’t capable of thinking all this up on his own so given that his administration is populated by Clinton and Obama retreads I think it’s not far fetched to draw this conclusion.

jab777

It would seem Trump should easily beat him, but Ron is very well liked and respected. IMO, he should sit this one out and be ready for 2028.

If he really does run, its going to be a brutal fight.

:popcorn2
It will be brutal and apparently DeSantis is looking to name his running mate at his announcement next week. He’s settled on Gov. Sanders who was Trump’s first press secretary. She seems to be a competent governor and part of the reason DeSantis is doing this is probably to give Trump a shot in the teeth out of the gate.

Back