Reasons Ezek 38-39 comes before Tribulation

Jaybird

I am in complete agreement with you guys! I would LOVE to see it unfold, and to point out how right the Bible is to all my unsaved family. It would be such an opportunity to evangelize.

And there are good theologians who believe it does occur prior to the rapture.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'd love to be wrong. It would be AMAZING to see this unfold.
There is no doubt that this would be an amazing sight to see and I hope we get a chance to witness this! Keep in mind that we are told in the Scripture that although we do not know the hour or the day we will know the season. It's kind of like the Fall season, when the leaves start changing color we know that Winter is not too far away. Perhaps the Gog-Magog invasion will be like the trees changing color and when it occurs the Rapture is right around the corner. However, it could also mean that the Tribulation is close as the Church is out of here by that time. Time will tell like it always does.

pixelpusher

I'd reckon there's a strong possibility based on God's longsuffering and patience, that we could be here for E38, possibly taken out right as the fur starts to fly, if that is the point where He turns His attention back to Israel. The aftermath would be ripe for a covenant to be signed.

*not that His attention is ever OFF Israel, but I'd see Him keeping the Church Age open to the last minute.

daygo

I'd reckon there's a strong possibility based on God's longsuffering and patience, that we could be here for E38, possibly taken out right as the fur starts to fly, if that is the point where He turns His attention back to Israel. The aftermath would be ripe for a covenant to be signed.

*not that His attention is ever OFF Israel, but I'd see Him keeping the Church Age open to the last minute.
Good point.

wanderingfreeman

Very interesting thread. I have a somewhat different opinion vis a vis the muslims. First, I think allah is another of satan's disguises. Second, I think the prophesied 13th imam/mahdi is the ac. Having read both ghe koran and hadiths, prophecies are similar if diametrically opposed. Thus, imo, the ac will control the muslims as they will consider him their leader allah's personal representative on earth. This could also tie in the false prophet with chrislam. This is just my personal opinion based upon some research I have not yet finished. Ymmv

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting thread. I have a somewhat different opinion vis a vis the muslims. First, I think allah is another of satan's disguises. Second, I think the prophesied 13th imam/mahdi is the ac. Having read both ghe koran and hadiths, prophecies are similar if diametrically opposed. Thus, imo, the ac will control the muslims as they will consider him their leader allah's personal representative on earth. This could also tie in the false prophet with chrislam. This is just my personal opinion based upon some research I have not yet finished. Ymmv

Please be aware that we do not allow the Islamic Antichrist theory on RF. Please see the forum rules here:

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/board-rules-and-guidelines-for-posting.188752/

[11] No End Times Date Setting, Date Speculating, Date Framing, Date Suggesting, Date Alerts, or designating specific Peace Treaties or feasts as the main event of the Rapture or Second Coming. No quoting from others on date setting future events such as the fall of Damascus, Gog/Magog, the Rapture, the Second Coming, the Millennium, Peace Covenants, feasts, etc.... or speculations on who will be the Antichrist, False Prophet, or Gog, and no Islamic AC promotions allowed either. This includes linking to sites and books that also speculate and throw out dates based upon Blood Moon, Rosh Hashanah, and other events. Do not promote Ezekiel 38-39 as Armageddon. Do not set Date Alerts and speculations that even hint of date setting, nor posting from date setting preachers. We have already heard the "know the season argument". Matthew 24:36 Mark 13:32. Please do not inadvertently call Jesus a liar.

You will need to go discuss that somewhere else on the Internet. I'm sorry about that, but we have been around and around about that years ago and I don't want that teaching on RF. Thank you for understanding.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Haven't read all the posts in here (yet) , but I love the excitement you all have.
I personally believe Ezk. 38-39 will be before the Tribulation.
It will help immmensely to usher in the covenant with that man of sin the Anti-Christ and Israel.
Let it be known my sweet brothers and sisters , The Groom is going to snatch away His Bride right quick!!!
In a moment , in a twinkling of an eye!!!
Keep your excitement dear friends.
Lift Him up!
We are in the trenches , we are soldiers of The Cross for the cause of Christ.
Don't be weary , keep your eyes on Jesus.
Exciting times for the children of God!
Tell everyone the Good News.
In all you do give glory to God.
Keep me in your prayers as I lift you up as well.

Much love in Christ!!!
✝️

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Haven't read all the posts in here (yet) , but I love the excitement you all have.
I personally believe Ezk. 38-39 will be before the Tribulation.
It will help immmensely to usher in the covenant with that man of sin the Anti-Christ and Israel.
Let it be known my sweet brothers and sisters , The Groom is going to snatch away His Bride right quick!!!
In a moment , in a twinkling of an eye!!!
Keep your excitement dear friends.
Lift Him up!
We are in the trenches , we are soldiers of The Cross for the cause of Christ.
Don't be weary , keep your eyes on Jesus.
Exciting times for the children of God!
Tell everyone the Good News.
In all you do give glory to God.
Keep me in your prayers as I lift you up as well.

Much love in Christ!!!
✝️

Amen brother

Hidden

Great discussion!

One of the reasons why I think the Ezekiel and Daniel timelines do not overlap is that Ezekiel and many OT books show God as YHWH while Daniel reveals the Lord as the Son of Man who approaches the Ancient of Days and "was given dominion and glory and a kingdom". (Daniel 7:13)

The Ezekiel journey is Israel returning back to YHWH, while Daniel shows Israel that YHWH is none other than the Messiah, the Son of Man, the Lord Jesus Christ. The 7-year tribulation is not in view in Ezekiel, while it is described in detail in Daniel and Zechariah. Zechariah reveals YHWH as the One whom they have pierced. (Zech. 12:10)

The entire 7-year tribulation is Israel's journey of knowing their Messiah. The fact that many will flee to the wilderness at the mid-point is a hint that they will have begun warming up to the idea that Christ is their Messiah because it was He who gave the instruction to them to flee to the wilderness when they see the AoD. And for 3 1/2 years they will wrestle (Israel's name) with this idea until they acknowledge corporately that He is indeed their Messiah.

So yeah, I think the Ezekiel 38-39 War is pre-trib.

daygo

Am doing ezekiel again and arrived at ch. 38-39 taking it literally it has to be pre-trib no other way makes any sense whatsoever. Latest in my reckoning is 3 half yrs before the tribulation, God will bring everyone back because God says leaving none behind, who in their right mind would go back at a time they'll be persecuted in the last half of the tribulation another reason imo God will destroy the Muslim religion, so thinking about it, it may even be more than 3 half yrs before the tribulation, if you get my drift.

katt

Since no one knows the day or hour of the Rapture, I believe Ezekiel 38 is long before the rapture, otherwise, we would be able to at least put a year to when the rapture happens. The Rapture is supposed to take us by surprise. I believe even we, who are watching and eagerly waiting for the rapture will still be in shock when it actually does happen, the only ones who won't be shocked are the dead in Christ who rise first. As for me, I'm watching for the wars that come before Ezekiel 38, the wars that happen with countries who's names are not on the Ezekiel list but are on other lists. I expect those wars to happen first. The Ezekiel 38 prophecy calls the country they are going against a peaceful country, Israel is not at peace and won't be until it's surrounding nations are no longer a threat to them. The wars that make this happen is what I expect to happen next. I hope I am big time wrong, but unless those wars happen in the next few years, this makes me believe we're going to be here much longer than we think we are. But I comfort myself by reminding myself that although I want the rapture to happen in my lifetime, heaven is no threat to me and be it first or second, I'm going up.

daygo

Interesting thought katt agree partly but if someone is watching and waiting we will see things coming to pass eg Damascus and maybe even the beginning of the Ezekiel war, if we do see these things then surely intuitively we'll know the rapture is soon even though we won't know the day or hour. Simple analogy would be waiting for a train you know it's coming and doesn't surprise you but those not watching will be caught unawares.

Jan51

Interesting thought katt agree partly but if someone is watching and waiting we will see things coming to pass eg Damascus and maybe even the beginning of the Ezekiel war, if we do see these things then surely intuitively we'll know the rapture is soon even though we won't know the day or hour. Simple analogy would be waiting for a train you know it's coming and doesn't surprise you but those not watching will be caught unawares.
Right, we will not know the day or hour, but perhaps could know the year or month? Nothing in Scripture against that.

Back