After the Rapture

Eph611

In my mind's eye, I've always thought about maybe 10% of the people will be raptured world-wide. I certainly hope and pray the number will be larger.
I believe that whoever honestly professes Jesus as their savior will go, along with all children and those who are mentally handicapped. We are not destined for God’s wrath, and the restrainer must be removed. Spending time in heaven, the millennium, and eternity with my brothers and sisters in Christ gives me goosebumps.

Endangered

Thank all you RFers for your responses. I believe that all those who are not capable of accepting Jesus because of age or mental ability may very well be taken. At the end of the 1,000 years they will make their choice.
After the Rapture it will be pure Hell on Earth. Eventually governments will figure out a course of action. Until then crime will be through the roof.
I saw a movie today that brings up some issues that may happen after the Rapture. <<mod edit>> During it most of downtown LA is demolished. Then the quake moves north and flattens San Fran. I watched the Golden Gate bridge be destroyed along with a whole bunch of skyscrapers. Right now we have God's protection. But that will be gone after the Rapture. And things like earthquakes may become much more common and more violent.
All I can say is DONT BE LEFT BEHIND.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy C

Thank all you RFers for your responses. I believe that all those who are not capable of accepting Jesus because of age or mental ability may very well be taken. At the end of the 1,000 years they will make their choice.
After the Rapture it will be pure Hell on Earth. Eventually governments will figure out a course of action. Until then crime will be through the roof.
I saw a movie today that brings up some issues that may happen after the Rapture. <<mod edit>> During it most of downtown LA is demolished. Then the quake moves north and flattens San Fran. I watched the Golden Gate bridge be destroyed along with a whole bunch of skyscrapers. Right now we have God's protection. But that will be gone after the Rapture. And things like earthquakes may become much more common and more violent.
All I can say is DONT BE LEFT BEHIND.
I liked that movies special effects.

RonJohnSilver

Since so many homes will be vacated and then claimed by someone else, it would be good to have literature (Spanish, Chinese, etc) around the house so people will know what just happened and what's coming and, most importantly, how to be saved. Many of us have gardens for our own use but I'm thinking that some will need that to survive.

NewWine2020

Many will die when their hearts fail them because of the great fear that overtakes their hearts and minds. The sights of wreckage everywhere will be more than their brains can take in. It will be so catastrophic I’m not sure that even those of us that are saved can take in even now.

It just makes me think back on the terror and shock that our nation experienced on that fateful day of 9/11. Imagine that, but on a simultaneous global sized scale with literally every single city impacted to a degree.

For the lurkers who are "fence sitters" as Pixel Pusher mentioned, do NOT delay, thinking that you will have a chance to become a born again believer after you've had the reality of the Bible and God "Proven to you" by having a chance to witness all those crazy Christian folk disappear.

You could die in the first 30 seconds of the events precipitated by the rapture without even being given a chance to repent.

Seek him today while there is still time. Knock and he will answer.

Last edited:

NewWine2020

I hope it is 1/3 of the population...or more.

In my mind, the Rapture takes place in less than a second...cars crash, planes fall, homes burn. Then within hours, stealing and looting begins.

I cant quite imagine how the governments of the world can contain the lawlessness. We don't really know how long after the Rapture the AC appears.

It's literally the ONLY scenario in which I can see US citizens graciously WELCOMING UN Blue hat troops who will of course arrive to "keep the peace". I have a feeling that Europe will be less impacted by the events of the rapture than many other parts of the world so they will probably immediately launch a number of "humanitarian missions" to restore order in the westernized nations while letting lesser developed regions burn to the ground.

If the events in the USA play out similar to what the Hurricane Katrina aftermath looked like, I can see people warming up to the idea of martial law real fast,. especially in the lib strongholds which have already done their best to disarm the sheepdogs while patently ignoring all the armed wolves.

Everyone in the world will likely have a degree of PTSD and this will also work to soften people up psychologically for a "savior figure" and his eventual lying signs and wonders.

bigmoose

A child of the King
When I retired... for the third time... I took up baking. I learned that salt is typically from 1% to 2% and on very rare occasions 2.5% when used in bread. It is not only for taste, but it strengthens the dough and retards the yeast action! Because of the references to salt in the Bible, I would not be surprised if the rapture captures a similar percentage of the earths population.

fl2007rn

I think the impact of all the children being Raptured will be a mighty blow to those left behind. Globably, about 25% of the world's population is under the age of 15. Many of these children will not be of the age of accountability and I believe they will be Raptured along with all the believers in Jesus Christ. This will be the beginning of many sorrows that will occur over the next 7 years.

kathymendel

When I said 10% I meant that as pertaining to those who have made a conscious choice of accepting the Lord.
Yes, I also believe that there will be a huge number of children and the mentally challenged going up with us.
And, yes, it is going to be very painful for the parents and loved ones of those rising when it is over.

fl2007rn

When I said 10% I meant that as pertaining to those who have made a conscious choice of accepting the Lord.
Yes, I also believe that there will be a huge number of children and the mentally challenged going up with us.
And, yes, it is going to be very painful for the parents and loved ones of those rising when it is over.
I would agree about 10% too. Then we need to add the children and mentally incapable to that number. I hope and pray it is more than that. :pray

However, I would not think that 10% would apply to Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc. Sadly the number is probably much lower than that.

Jaybird

Keep in mind that in the Book of Revelation only two out of the seven churches (Smyrna and Philadelphia) mentioned are Raptured so unfortunately the number is much smaller than we all believe it to be. Chris posts the Barna Polls and when you see that the majority of professing believers don't even believe in some of the very basic fundamentals of the faith then you realize it will be a small number. I couldn't even begin to guess what that would be.

Dragontiger777

I think the impact of all the children being Raptured will be a mighty blow to those left behind. Globably, about 25% of the world's population is under the age of 15. Many of these children will not be of the age of accountability and I believe they will be Raptured along with all the believers in Jesus Christ. This will be the beginning of many sorrows that will occur over the next 7 years.
Newborn to 15 years olds (Rapture). I don't think so. Because only God know their heart and know these before born as God said

Jeremiah 1:4-5

"
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
before you were born"

Therefore, He knows who will be with the Lord and also rapture/depart from the earth. As we can't said about whatever the 15 years old is innocent as newborn.

I hope; I not doing wrong message. LOVE you all in Christ.

fl2007rn

Newborn to 15 years olds (Rapture). I don't think so. Because only God know their heart and know these before born as God said

Jeremiah 1:4-5

"
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
before you were born"

Therefore, He knows who will be with the Lord and also rapture/depart from the earth. As we can't said about whatever the 15 years old is innocent as newborn.

I hope; I not doing wrong message. LOVE you all in Christ.
I was just pointing out that 25% of the population is 15 years old and younger. The age of accountability depends on the child and only God knows about what is in their heart. I didn't mean to infer that 15 is the age of accountability.

liv4Him

Son, Husband, Dad, Neighbor
I hope your estimate is closer than mine. I figure a maximum of 5% of the US population, but I like your numbers better.
I pray your estimate is low, but unfortunately the live your best life now preaching from the pulpits in America these last few years and the seeker friendly purpose drive church model makes me suspect you are probably very close .

Which breaks my heart

usoutpost31

Keep in mind that in the Book of Revelation only two out of the seven churches (Smyrna and Philadelphia) mentioned are Raptured so unfortunately the number is much smaller than we all believe it to be.
It should also be noted that all seven churches are given instruction to follow. Even the church of Laodicea; commonly interpreted as apostate, in a dangerous, lukewarm spiritual state. Even to them, Christ offers the promise to share his throne, if they do as he says. He still loves them, and has not given up on them.

Dragontiger777

It should also be noted that all seven churches are given instruction to follow. Even the church of Laodicea; commonly interpreted as apostate, in a dangerous, lukewarm spiritual state. Even to them, Christ offers the promise to share his throne, if they do as he says. He still loves them, and has not given up on them.
Present/Current here on the world are in "Lukewarm"; why because of what I know they are too far or beyond understand what God already warning. As When there will be our last generation that for sure so many likely the time of Noah flood as today.

1) To be accept about LGBT/Gay plus the Politic situation are too far beyond and out of the control. Plus other an issues situation.

TrustinHim

I hope it is 1/3 of the population...or more.

In my mind, the Rapture takes place in less than a second...cars crash, planes fall, homes burn. Then within hours, stealing and looting begins.

I cant quite imagine how the governments of the world can contain the lawlessness. We don't really know how long after the Rapture the AC appears.
Never thought of how many fires will break out. Imagine all the food cooking on the stove. A common cause of house fires when left unattended. That will add to the total chaos.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Never thought of how many fires will break out. Imagine all the food cooking on the stove. A common cause of house fires when left unattended. That will add to the total chaos.
Right, also the crashing planes, cars, trains, boats. Imagine the firestorm in towns and cities especially if it has been dry for a while. Hell on earth.

There was an interesting rapture movie from the 90s I watched where the world was so far gone that numerous nukes were already in the air in route to wipe out all major cities/destroy the world. While the missiles and bombs were in the air, the rapture happened, and at the same time all the bombs and nukes disappeared, peventing the earth from being destroyed.

Of course the AC came on the scene right away and took credit for saving humanity from ourselves, catipulting him into a position of leadership... It was an interesting take on things.

Last edited:

Andy C

Keep in mind that in the Book of Revelation only two out of the seven churches (Smyrna and Philadelphia) mentioned are Raptured so unfortunately the number is much smaller than we all believe it to be. Chris posts the Barna Polls and when you see that the majority of professing believers don't even believe in some of the very basic fundamentals of the faith then you realize it will be a small number. I couldn't even begin to guess what that would be.
Here is additional information and views on the 7 letters from Jack Kelley. Many excellent theologians have differing views on this.

“The belief that the seven Churches of Rev. 2-3 summarize church history is held by many theologians. The idea came from comparing the seven letters with the history of the Church. In the order in which the letters are presented they give clear “snapshots” of Church history. While the Bible doesn’t expressly say to do this, seeing them as an overview of the Church Age greatly helps our understanding of the Church.

John was told to “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.” (Rev. 1:19)

What John had seen was the Earthly ministry of the Lord, and His post-resurrection visit to John (Chapter 1). What John was seeing, as are we, is the Church, on Earth and in Heaven (Chapters 2-5). What will take place after the Church is the 70th Week of Daniel, the 2nd Coming and the Millennium (Chapters 5-22)

Remember, there are four levels of application for these letters. In addition to being prophetic of the Church Age, the letters are historical in that they were written to actual first century churches. They are also admonitory to all churches, since all churches either have or will face the same challenges of the first century churches. And finally, they’re meant to be applied personally. At one time or another we all experience the problems identified in the letters”.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/the-seven-letters-to-seven-churches/

Back