‘Get over Passover, it was 3,000 years ago,’ ex-NY mayor Giuliani tells Jews - report

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
‘Get over Passover, it was 3,000 years ago,’ ex-NY mayor Giuliani tells Jews - report
Giuliani is also accused in the complaint of disparaging Jewish men’s penis sizes and commenting about the “‘freaking Arabs’ and Jews.”
By PHILISSA CRAMER/JTA

Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor who became an aide to former president Donald Trump, mocked Jews for observing Passover, according to a lawsuit filed Monday by a former assistant who is accusing him of sexual assault and harassment.

“Jews want to go through their freaking Passover all the time, man oh man,” Giuliani once said, according to the complaint, which was filed on Monday in New York Supreme Court and indicates that the comments were recorded. “Get over the Passover. It was like 3,000 years ago. The Red Sea parted, big deal. It’s not the first time that happened.”

more............ https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/antisemitism/article-743237

MapleLeaf

How does that even make sense? "Ignore your significant religious and historical event". God commanded the Jews to continue to observe Passover to remember how He had rescued them out of Egypt. I am not sure He intended them to continue to do it once Christ came to earth and died on the cross but seeing how they have yet to accept Him as Messiah I understand why they still do.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Are you all just buying this? I’m not. Doesn’t this person have to prove these allegations first? Not to mention the press willingly lies when they don’t like someone.
I agree, it doesn't sound like something a sane person would articulate. If anything it might have been taken out of context as a joke or something. It doesn't sound right. Also jpost is biased to the left so there is that facet too - this is evident by their constant negative bias toward anything related to Netanyahu.

Last edited:

DWB

Are you all just buying this? I’m not. Doesn’t this person have to prove these allegations first? Not to mention the press willingly lies when they don’t like someone.
Agree! People can and do claim anything to try and make a buck. Maybe it is true, I am waiting for more information. I do believe Rudy is a good man; we all have sin in our lives and weaknesses we struggle to overcome.

HisGloryIsPrecious

Exactly.
They have a waaaaaaaay different view of Jewish history and the Jewish people in general.
Kinda like some Christian denominations I know, but won't name.
Let us continue to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
Psalm 122:6
Not all Roman Catholics are like that. I grew up in a Catholic family and never saw this kind of thing in their church nor in my family. This is more about Rudy. He doesn’t seem like the same person he was and we don’t know all the facts.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Not all Roman Catholics are like that. I grew up in a Catholic family and never saw this kind of thing in their church nor in my family. This is more about Rudy. He doesn’t seem like the same person he was and we don’t know all the facts.
They may not all be that way , but almost every RCC adherent that I've talked to does believe in replacement theology. Muchless the RCC is a works based religion , not grace/Christ based salvation by faith in Jesus Christ and only Christ.
So with that said even if every RCC didn't believe or teach replacement theology (and I know they all don't) my above statement stands true .
There is no credible reason (not saying you are) for anyone to defend the Roman Catholic Cult.
My comment was more directed towards the RCC than Rudy.
The RCC is an enemy of the Cross of Christ.
Rudy is a catholic.
He may be a conservative , but that doesn't give him a pass if he did say what he allegedly said.

fl2007rn

I don't believe it! I don't buy any of this because the allegation against Gulliani is part of a lawsuit against him for sexual assault and harassment. Noelle Dunphy is the lady suing him for $10 million and she is his former Director of Business Development from 2019 to 2021. She is a writer, Columbia University Graduate, and former associate producer at NBC news. In her law suit she claims that Guilani began abusing her immediately and that he satisfied his sexual demands and this was a requirement of her employment. I would post the link but I am not sure if it from an authorized source because I read it on The Sun.

HisGloryIsPrecious

They may not all be that way , but almost every RCC adherent that I've talked to does believe in replacement theology. Muchless the RCC is a works based religion , not grace/Christ based salvation by faith in Jesus Christ and only Christ.
So with that said even if every RCC didn't believe or teach replacement theology (and I know they all don't) my above statement stands true .
There is no credible reason (not saying you are) for anyone to defend the Roman Catholic Cult.
My comment was more directed towards the RCC than Rudy.
The RCC is an enemy of the Cross of Christ.
Rudy is a catholic.
He may be a conservative , but that doesn't give him a pass if he did say what he allegedly said.
My apologies, I reread your post. It’s clear you were talking about the doctrine of the rcc and not Rudy or the personal experiences of individual catholics for that matter. Me bad.

twerpv

That was my first thought too but they said the comments were recorded and it seemed like the recording had been confirmed. I didn't see in the article where it was still hearsay.
I just find it fascinating with how much the media lies and how often Trump and anyone associated is maligned that the reaction isn’t more ‘give him his day in court’ vs what it is.

MyhopeisinHim

Giuliani is also accused in the complaint of disparaging Jewish men’s penis sizes and commenting about the “‘freaking Arabs’ and Jews.”
By PHILISSA CRAMER/JTA

Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor who became an aide to former president Donald Trump, mocked Jews for observing Passover, according to a lawsuit filed Monday by a former assistant who is accusing him of sexual assault and harassment.

“Jews want to go through their freaking Passover all the time, man oh man,” Giuliani once said, according to the complaint, which was filed on Monday in New York Supreme Court and indicates that the comments were recorded. “Get over the Passover. It was like 3,000 years ago. The Red Sea parted, big deal. It’s not the first time that happened.”

I'm having a hard time with this one, please show me I'm wrong!
By PHILISSA CRAMER/JTA

I'm having a hard time with this one. Perplexed

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I never saw Rudy do or say anything like this. He's in his late 70s now, so his mind may be failing him or medication. And/or lies :mad

I'm sure he and his family are very hurt by this. Need to send a card . . .

Back