Understanding Roman Catholicism

SkyRider

Statues

The Catechism requires all Catholics to 'Venerate’' statues, or images of Christ, Mary and others
:

"Sacred images in our churches and homes are intended to awaken and nourish our faith in the mystery [Catholicism uses the word "mystery" a lot in their practices] of Christ. Through the icon of Christ and his works of salvation, it is he whom we adore. Through sacred salvation, it is he whom we adore. Through sacred images of the holy Mother of God, of the angels and of the saints, we venerate the persons represented." Pg. 307, #1192

Regardless of what statues are intended to do, one thing is certain— they transgress Gods instructions. When God gave the ten commandments, the second one was:

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:” Exodus 20:4

God also ordered:

Neither shalt thou set thee up any image, which the LORD thy God hates." Deuteronomy 16:22

The Bible concludes that those who make or have statues have been corrupted:

Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves... Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female...” Deuteronomy 4:15-16

God states His position again:

Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of anything, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.” Deuteronomy 4:23

God's Word also expressly forbids people from bowing down to statues, which is customary in the Catholic church. Whenever you see a picture of the pope bowing before a statue of Mary, you should think about this verse of Holy Scripture:

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them , nor serve them : for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God ...” Exodus 20:5

In the New Testament, the Apostle Paul explains why God was so adamant about idols:

"What say I then? that the idol is anything, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is anything?... the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils (demons), and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils." 1 Corinthians 10:19-20

Behind every idol is a literal demon, and God does not want anyone fellow shipping with demons. No wonder God forbids the use of idols:

"Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God.” Leviticus 19:4

God hates idolatry:

"But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater... with such an one no not to eat.” 1 Corinthians 5:11

"For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.” Ephesians 5:5

Here, God declares that idolaters will not enter heaven. The next verses warns:

Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.” Ephesians 5:6

Is the Catholic church deceiving you with vain words? You must decide that for yourself.

Origin of this doctrine

Catholicism does not even pretend that this doctrine came from God:

"Following the divinely [hardly "divine" if God hates it!] inspired teaching of our holy Fathers and the tradition of the Catholic Church (for we know that this tradition comes from the Holy Spirit who dwells in her) we rightly define with full certainty and correctness that, like the figure of the precious and life-giving cross, venerable and holy images of cur Lord and God and Savior, Jesus Christ, our inviolate Lady, the holy Mother of God, and the venerated angels, all the saints and the just, whether painted or made of mosaic or another suitable material, are to be exhibited in the holy churches of God, on sacred vessels and vestments, walls and panels, in houses and on streets.” Pg. 300, #1161 [God calls this idolatry!]

This doctrine came from the “holy Fathers״ and "tradition of the Catholic Church". You are expected to believe that these holy Fathers were “divinely inspired” to violate Gods Word. Can you accept this?

The psalmist teaches us even more on the subject:

The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not; They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths. They that make them are like unto them : so is everyone that trusts in them.” Psalm 135:15-18

In other words, as an idol is deaf and dumb, so everyone who makes idols or trusts in them is devoid of understanding. This is a powerful warning from a loving and compassionate God.

Conclusion

The Catholic church contends that idols will “awaken and nourish” your faith in “the mystery of Christ.' But God’s Word forbids their use. Who will you obey?

Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.” Leviticus 26:1

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men...” Mark 7:8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plain and simple: God hates idolatry - the setting up of statues and praying to or worshipping them - and has warned that idolators will not be allowed into Heaven. Why stay in a religion that continually defies God and encourages their followers to bow down before graven images?

Last edited:

SkyRider

Confessing Sins to a Priest

Regarding the forgiveness of sins, two critical doctrines must be examined. First, all sins must be confessed to a priest:

“One who desires to obtain reconciliation with God and with the Church, must confess to a priest all the unconfessed grave sins he remembers after having carefully examined his conscience.” Pg. 374, #1493

“Confession to a priest is an essential part of the sacrament of Penance:" Pg. 365, #1456

“It is called the sacrament of confession, since the disclosure or confession of sins to a priest is an essential element of this sacrament. Pg. 357, #1424 (See also Pg. 374, #1493).

Catholicism orders members to confess their sins to a man, but the Bible reveals that those who have been born into God s family can go straight to Gods throne to receive forgiveness for their sins:

I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgives the iniquity of my sin." Psalm 32:5

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

David confessed his sins to God when he prayed:

"Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.” Psalm 51:2-3

Here is why true Christians have access to Gods throne:

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus.." Hebrews 10:19

Because of the sinless blood that Jesus Christ shed on the cross, we have the authority to go straight to the throne of God for forgiveness.

The first pope’s” example

In the book of Acts, a man named Simon came to the alleged first pope, Peter, wanting to buy the power of the Holy Spirit. How did Peter respond to this sin? Did he suggest that Simon make a confession to him right there? No, Peter told him to repent and confess his sin to God and ask God to rorgive him. (See Acts 8:18-22).

Can priests forgive sins?

The second part of this doctrine suggests that Catholic priests have the power to forgive sins:

"Only priests who have received the faculty or absolving from the authority of the Church can forgive sins in the name of Christ.” Pg. 374, #1495 (See also Pg. 364 #1448)

Here, too, Catholic doctrine opposes God’s Word:

Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?” Mark 2:7

Catholicism teaches that the priest is a mediator between God and man. (See Pg. 365, #1456). But the Bible recognizes only one mediator:

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" 1 Timothy 2:5

Once again, the Catechism admits that these are not instructions from God, but traditions of men:

“The Fathers of the Church present this sacrament as the second plank [of salvation]...” Pg. 363 #1446

More bondage

“According to the Church’s command, ‘after having attained the age of discretion, each of the faithful is bound by an obligation faithfully to confess serious sins at least once a year.’” Pg. 365, #1457

There is that word “bound” again. The Church Fathers created another tradition which keeps people in bondage to the Catholic church.

What a powerful weapon to use against Catholics around the world. In essence, this doctrine proclaims that if you leave the Catholic church, you cannot obtain forgiveness for your sins, which means you won't go to heaven.

Please remember, none of this came from God! These are all man-made threats. May God open your spiritual eyes and give you understanding, so that you may see the depth of the bondage this religion holds you in. May God show you that you don’t have to be held captive to this religion any longer. Jesus Christ wants to set you free.

Conclusion

Millions of faithful Catholics blindly file into confessional booths, believing that the priest has the power to forgive their sins.

What about you? Where will you go to have your sins forgiven? To a sinful priest, as the man-made traditions of the Catholic church demand?

Or will you go straight to God Almighty, as the Bible teaches?

Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.” Psalm 130:1-4

SkyRider

Penance

Another series of good works which Catholicism requires is known as penance:

“Absolution takes away sin, but it does not remedy all the disorders sin has caused. Raised up from sin, the sinner must still recover his full spiritual health by doing something more to make amends for the sin: he must ‘make satisfaction for’ or ‘expiate’ his sins. This satisfaction is also called ‘penance.’” Pg. 366, #1459

Millions of Catholics around the world faithfully perform penance, believing these good works are required by God to “make amends for” their sins and to restore them to “full spiritual health."

However, the written Scriptures reveal that this practice is another tradition of men that defies God's Word and degrades the work Christ did on the cross.

As we have already covered, Christ paid the full price for our sins at Calvary. To believe that good works are necessary to recover ones “full spiritual health” is to deny God's Word. God makes this promise to all who put their faith in Jesus Christ:

"And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.” Hebrews 10:17-18

God promises never to remember the sins of true Christians, and declares that once sins are forgiven through faith in Christ, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, there aren't any works you can do that will cause your sins to be forgiven. Christ did it all!

Yet, the Catechism keeps pouring out man-made rules:

“The penance the confessor imposes must take into account the penitent's personal situation and must seek his spiritual good, he must correspond as far as possible with the gravity and nature of the sins committed.” Pg 367, #1460

The Catechism even defines specific good works that can constitute penance:

“(Penance) can consist of prayer, an offering, works of mercy, service of neighbor, voluntary self-denial, sacrifices, and above all the patient acceptance of the cross we must bear." Pg 367, #1460

But God has never demanded good works for forgiveness of sins:

For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee." Psalm 86:5

The Bible declares that Christians are justified through Jesus Christ, not good works:

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ... for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified," Galatians 2:16

Paul knew that if righteousness was earned through good works, then Christ died for nothing:

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.” Galatians 2:21

The Catechism even extends this tradition to suggest that penance can help the dead:

"The Church also commends almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead:" Pg. 269, #1032

Like cement blocks on a concrete wall, they keep piling, tradition on top of tradition. And every one violates clear teachings of Scripture.

Three Questions

This Catholic doctrine raises at least three more questions you must answer for yourself:

• Is it a coincidence that this unbiblical doctrine keeps people in bondage to the Catholic church?

Why does Catholicism again demote Jesus Christ by insisting that His sacrifice was not sufficient, and that Catholics must add their own sacrifice to pay for sins?

• Lastly, and most importantly, who will you side with on this issue?... the traditions of men, or the Word of God?

"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. ” Romans 3:28

Purchased With Blood

The fourth kingdom parable speaks of leaven and Jesus said to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. In 1 Corinthians 5:8 Paul likens leaven to malice and wickedness. In general, it is something sinful and unholy. After the fall of the western Roman empire, there was a power vacuum and during the Middle Ages the Popes reigned as kings. The Popes and the Vatican clergy are very much like the Pharisees in the time of Jesus. They teach as doctrines the commandments of men, rather than of God. They appear holy on the outside with their beautiful robes and pretentious prayers but inside they are full of uncleanness. The letter to the angel of the church at Thyatira mentions the woman Jezebel and in the fourth parable it is a woman who hides the leaven in the three measures of meal.

The sixth kingdom parable is about a pearl of great price. In Revelation 21 the twelve gates are twelve pearls. These gates will not be shut by day, for there is no night there. The connection to the letter to the angel of the church in Philadelphia is that it mentions an open door which no man can shut. The word used here for "door" is Strong’s concordance number G2374 which can also refer to a gate. The same word is used for the Beautiful Gate of the temple in Acts 3:2. The letter to Philadelphia also says that Jesus will, "write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." This letter is full of commendation because of the missionary evangelism during this era of Church history and there is nothing negative in the letter.

Although I think the last parable of the dragnet refers to the end of the tribulation, I have read hypotheses that it represents the rapture which is definitely possible because believers will be separated from the unrighteous and the vessels spoken of could be our glorified bodies. Both are possible and perhaps this is another instance of a multiple application.

Both the kingdom parables and the church letters are given by Jesus and contain the phrase, "He that hath an ear to hear, let him hear." Also, they both are in groups of seven.

SkyRider

Praying to Saints

The Catechism admonishes members to pray to those who, because of their good works, have been declared by the church to be “saints:”

“The witnesses who have preceded us into the kingdom, especially those whom the Church recognizes as saints, share in the living tradition of prayer by the example of their lives... They contemplate God, praise him and constantly care for those whom they have left on earth. Their intercession is their most exalted service to God’s plan. We can and should ask them to intercede for us and for the whole world.” Pg. 645, #2683 (See also Pg. 249, #956)

This chapter must begin by defining the word “saint.” Catholicism teaches that a saint is one of a select few who, because of good works while alive, is declared a saint after death:

“By canonizing some of the faithful, i.e., by solemnly proclaiming that they practiced heroic virtue and lived in fidelity to God's grace, the Church recognizes the power of the Spirit of holiness within her and sustains the hope of believers by proposing the saints to them as models and intercessors.” Pg. 219. #828

According to Scripture, however, anyone who is born again by faith in Christ is a saint. Paul wrote to all the saints (Christians) in Rome:

To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 1:7

Many other verses express the same truth:

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;” Ephesians 3:8

“... Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,” Jude 1:14

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:” Ephesians 4:11-12

(See also Acts 9:13; 9:32; 9:41; 26:10; Romans 8:27; 12:13; 15:25; 15:26; 15:31; 16:2; 16:15; 1 Corinthians 6:1, 2 Corinthians 1:1, Ephesians 1:1, plus dozens of other New Testament references.)

Why this doctrine?

In short, the scenario goes like this. Catholicism discarded the scriptural definition of a “saint and devised a new one, then instructed members to pray to these unscriptural “saints.” The question is, why pray to anyone else when the God of the universe is in heaven waiting to hear and answer prayers?

Are “saints intercessors?

Supposedly, these so-called saints “intercede with the Father for us.” But we have already learned that Jesus Christ is our only intercessor. Therefore, to suggest otherwise is but a man made tradition.

Here’s another interesting Catechism quote concerning saints:

"Exactly as Christian communion among our fellow pilgrims brings us closer to Christ, so our communion with the saints joins us to Christ...” Pg. 249-250, #957

According to the Catholic church, praying to saints brings people closer to Christ. However, you will not find this doctrine in Scripture either. It is another tradition of men that neither Jesus nor the Bible ever taught.

In fact, this practice of communing with the dead treads dangerously close to necromancy, another practice strongly condemned in the Bible. (See Deuteronomy 18:10-12.)

Conclusion

The nagging question you must answer here is: Why would the Catholic church rather have members pray to dead men than to the living, all-powerful, prayer-answering God?

Keep in mind that if these traditions of men are not true, then all your prayers to “saints״ are but worthless chatter.

If you pray to God, though, you may claim many wonderful Biblical promises:

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. ” Hebrews 4:16

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since no one other than God can hear and answer prayer, praying to a "saint" - including "Mary" - opens one up to demonic deception. There is no difference in praying to a saint then, than there is in having a seance, using a medium or playing with a Ouija board. One is just opening the door to the dark side of the spirit world.

SkyRider

Praying For The Dead

Can the living help the dead by praying for them? According to Catholic doctrine, they can:

“Communion with the dead. In full consciousness of this communication or the whole Mystical Body of Jesus Christ, the Church in its pilgrim members, from the earliest days of the Christian religion, has honored with great respect the memory of the dead; and because it is a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead that they may be loosed from their sins she offers her suffrages for them. Our prayer for them is capable not only of helping them, but also of making their intercession for us effective.” Pg. 250, #958

Three statements here contradict the Bible. Lets look at each:

1. “It is a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead.”

According to God’s Word, it is neither holy nor wholesome to pray for the dead. Christians are instructed to pray for the living, but not one example exists of true Christians praying for the dead. This is another tradition of men.

2. Praying for the dead can help loose them from their sins.

Here is a tradition built upon a tradition. The Scriptures never suggest that this statement is true. As we have already learned, one must be loosed from their sins before death.

3. Our prayers make their intercession for us.

Like building blocks, they keep piling, tradition on top of tradition, all without any scriptural foundation. Now, we have reached a peak, where our prayers are supposedly capable of: “... making their intercession tor us effective.”

The obvious question is: Why do we need others interceding for us? Isn’t it enough to have God the Son interceding for us? Does the Creator of the Universe need the help of־ mortal men and women to persuade the Father on our behalf?

What a degrading attitude towards Jesus Christ. The Catholic position insults the Lord by portraying Him as an incapable, powerless bystander who needs the help of anyone He can grab to persuade the Father. This is not the picture of Jesus presented in the Bible. Jesus declared of Himself:

"All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” Matthew 28:18

Here’s another Biblical portrait of Jesus Christ:

"Which he (God) wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,” Ephesians 1:20-22

How different this is from the Catholic picture of Jesus, which reduces the Lord to a spiritual weakling devoid of power and authority.

Dear Catholic friend, Jesus Christ does not need help from anyone! He is well able to do the job:

Wherefore he (Jesus) is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them." Hebrews ~:25

Before you pray for another deceased loved one, please understand that these are all man-made rules. God never asked you to pray lor the dead, nor did He promised it would do any good.

As a young Catholic, I always assumed that all these rules were somehow coming from God. But they're not! Read the Bible and see for yourself. The Catechism teaches traditions of men, not commands of God.

The Same Pattern

Surely, you have noticed that Jesus has taken yet another serious demotion. From the One and only Divine Intercessor at the Father's right hand, Jesus is hurled down into the crowd of dead humans and is relegated to being one of many intercessors. Why does the Catholic religion keep doing this to the Lord Jesus Christ?

Conclusion

Once again, you are laced with several important decisions:׳

• Will you continue praying for the dead, knowing that it is a tradition of men and not a command of God?

• Will you cling to a doctrine which degrades the Lord Jesus Christ so that church tradition can be exalted?

• Will you knowingly reject the Word of God to follow mans traditions?

These are decisions you must make. As you ponder these things, remember the words of Jesus:

"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” Matthew 15:9

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When a person dies, their position in eternity is forever fixed. One who dies fully trusting in Christ for salvation will spend eternity with Him in His Kingdom; one who passes clinging to their own religion or another false plan of salvation will wind up in an eternal state of torment. The time to get right with God and settle your eternal domain must be accomplished on this side of the grave; after passing, no amount of prayer for the dead will change their circumstances. That includes the false doctrine of Purgatory; if one is counting on that place to purge away any sins and get right with God, they are in for a huge, disastrous surprise. Buying mass cards - filthy lucre that the Catholic Church has gotten rich on over the centuries due to deceived people forking over hard, earned money to the popes - or praying novenas, or just repeated prayers to "Mary" or anyone else, will not alter where that person will forever be in an eternal state. The time to fully trust Christ and abandon false religion MUST be accomplished now - as no one knows what a day may bring!

SkyRider

Indulgences

Through indulgences, the sins of Roman Catholics, both those who are alive and those in Purgatory, can supposedly be forgiven:

“Through indulgences the faithful can obtain the remission of temporal punishment resulting from sin for themselves and also for the souls in Purgatory.” Pg. 374, #1498

Here is the Catechism's definition of an indulgence:

"An indulgence is a remission before God of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven, which the faithful Christian who is duly disposed gains under certain prescribed conditions through the action of the Church which, as the minister of redemption, dispenses and applies with authority the treasury of the satisfactions of Christ and the saints.” Pg. 370, #1471

Here, the water gets deep. Space does not permit a full explanation of indulgences. Suffice it to say that they are a complicated system of good works. It should also be mentioned that every rule regarding indulgences is a tradition of men. Not one can be found in Gods Word.

Categories of sins?

“To understand this doctrine (Indulgences) and practice of the Church, it is necessary to understand that sin has a double consequence.” Pg. 370, #1472

But the Bible consistently reveals that all sin has the same consequence:

For the wages of sin is death...” Romans 6:23

"Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death” James 1:15

The final result of sin is always death, no matter how minor we may think a particular sin is. Catholics try to pay for sins through indulgences, but Christ already paid for every sin:

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;” 1 Corinthians 15:3

While it is true that God does want His children to perform good works, those works are not a requirement for salvation, they are a result of salvation. Paul teaches:

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:8, 10

Once one is saved by grace, good works should follow. But good works are never a requirement for salvation. Neither are they a requirement for forgiveness of sins after salvation.

The New Testament bulges with examples of Jesus forgiving sins, but He never demanded good works as a condition of forgiveness.

Can the living help the dead?

Catholicism also purports that indulgences help those who have already died:

“Since the faithful departed now being purified are also members of the same communion of saints, one way we can help them is to obtain indulgences for them, so that the temporal punishments due for their sins may be remitted.” Pg. 371-372, #1479 [ just a money-making scheme for the Catholic Church ]

Here is another load of man-made traditions. You will never find any of this taught in the Word of God. As we have mentioned previously, the time to have your sins remitted is while you are still alive.

Three themes

In this doctrine, three recurring themes come to the surface again:

1. Another divine attribute of Jesus is minimized. The Bible declares that only Christ's work can bring about the forgiveness of sins. Catholicism, though, claims that sins can be forgiven through the good works of any ordinary Catholic.

2. Indulgences keep people in bondage to the Catholic church. Rather than going to God for forgiveness, Catholics must toil and strive, performing good deeds through the Catholic church for forgiveness of their sins.

It is noteworthy to ponder that the “good works” of Catholicism differ from the good works of the Bible. Biblical good works are deeds done for other people, while Catholicism's good works revolve primarily around performing rituals of the church (Masses, saying rosaries, Catholic prayers, lighting candles, etc.). God intended good works to benefit others, not to bring people into bondage to a church.

3. Indulgences are a form of spiritual blackmail, forcing members to remain faithful to the church, so they can someday help their loved ones reach heaven.

Conclusion

Is this system of good works from God? Read what God records in His Holy Word on the subject, then decide for yourself:

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us...” Titus 3:5

SkyRider

Confirmation

Confirmation, besides being one of the sacraments necessary for salvation, also provides Catholics with other benefits, says the Catechism:

“Confirmation perfects Baptismal grace; it is the sacrament which gives the Holy Spirit in order to root us more deeply in the divine filiation, incorporate us more firmly into Christ, strengthen our bond with the C hurch ...” Pg. 333, #1316

Supposedly, Confirmation incorporates Catholics more firmly into Christ. But the Bible teaches no such doctrine. According to Gods Word, you are either in Christ or you are not. Being more firmly incorporated into Christ is never taught:

"Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17

Once you are born into God s family, there is no person or thing that can remove you from it:

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39

A child of God does not need to be more firmly incorporated into Christ:

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” Romans 8:1

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Ephesians 2:13

A spiritual imprint?

Another supposed benefit of Confirmation is that:

“Confirmation, like Baptism, imprints a spiritual mark or indelible character on the Christians soul... Pg. 333, #1317

You can search the Bible, bur you will not read about the imprinting of spiritual marks on a Christian's souls. The Catechism tells us why:

“The imposition of hands is rightly recognized by the Catholic tradition as the origin of the sacrament of Confirmation...” Pg. 326 #1288

Confirmation is not in the Bible because it's a tradition of men... a life-long tradition that is to be performed up until the last moment of a Catholic’s life:

"If a Christian is in danger of death, any priest should give him Confirmation. Indeed, the Church desires that none of her children, even the youngest should depart this world without having been perfected by the Holy Spirit with the gift of Christ's fullness." Pg. 332, #1314

The real purpose of Confirmation

The practical result is that this ritual brings people into deeper bondage to the Catholic church. Surprisingly, the Catechism admits this:

"For by the sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized are more perfectly bound to the Church... ״ Pg. 326 #1285

But why would anyone need or want to be bound to the rules of the Catholic church, considering that Jesus came to set people free?

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." John 8:36

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free...” Galatians 5:1

Conclusion

Is the man-made Roman Catholic tradition of Confirmation necessary for salvation?

• God’s Holy Word emphatically states, “No!”

* The Catholic church disregards the Bible and insists that it is.

Who will you believe... the Word of God, or the commandments of men?

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” Matthew 15:

SkyRider

Last Rites

The final doctrine we will review is also the last ritual many Catholics perform— viaticum, also known as the Last Rites
:

“As the sacrament of Christ’s Passover the Eucharist should always be the last sacrament of the earthly journey, the 'Viaticum’ for 'passing over’ to eternal life.” Pg. 379, #1517

This ritual includes anointing the dying person:

“If the sacrament or anointing of the sick is given to all who suffer from serious illness and infirmity, even more rightly is it given to those at the point of departing this life... The Anointing of the Sick completes our conformity to the death and Resurrection of Christ, just as Baptism began it.” Pg. 381, #1523

The belief that this anointing “completes our conformity to the death and Resurrection of Christ” is another tradition of men the Scriptures say nothing about.

More bondage

Since this ritual can only be performed by a priest or other Catholic leader, it keeps members in bondage to the Catholic religion right up until the moment of their death:

"Only priests (bishops and presbyters) are ministers of the Anointing of the Sick" Pg. 379, #1516

The Catechism also teaches that the Last Rites are the "seed of eternal life":

"In addition to the Anointing of the Sick, the Church offers those who are about to leave this life the Eucharist as viaticum. Communion in the body and blood of Christ, received at this moment of ‘passing over to the Father, has particular significance and importance. It is the seed of eternal life and the power of resurrection..." Pg. 381, #1524

But the Bible disagrees, declaring that this ritual is neither the ‘seed of eternal life nor the “power of resurrection." These are man-made doctrines that God neither initiated nor endorsed.

This act is nothing more than one final earthly good work, which the Bible proclaims to be useless:

“... that I may win Christ. And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:״ Philippians 3:8-9

Here are a few more man-made rules associated with this ritual:

“If a sick person who received this anointing recovers his health, he can in the case of another grave illness receive this sacrament again. If during the same illness the persons condition becomes more serious, the sacrament may be repeated. It is fitting to receive the Anointing just prior to a serious operation. The same holds true for the elderly whose frailty becomes more pronounced.״ Pg. 379, 1515

Rules on top of more rules. Please remember, God never ordained any of them. Men created them all.

Conclusion

As you make your own decision on this doctrine, here are a few points to consider:

This ritual is never taught in the Bible.

• Not one Bible character ever received the Last Rites, including Paul, who said:

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:” 2 Timothy 4:6-7
Not one Bible character ever administered the Last Rites.

This doctrine overflows with commandments of men. Will you place your faith and trust in these man-made rules and regulations, or in Jesus Christ?

Remember, Jesus warned:

“But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” Matthe

SkyRider

Interpreting God’s Word

Are Catholics able to interpret God's Word for themselves?

"The task of interpreting the Word of God authentically has been entrusted solely to the magisterium of the Church, that is, to the Pope and to the bishops in communion with him.” Pg. 30, #100

Can only the pope and the leadership of the Catholic church properly interpret God’s Word? Let’s go to the Bible and see how God feels about this teaching. When Paul and Silas preached in Berea, the people:

"...received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.” Acts 17:11

In other words, they interpreted the Scriptures for themselves with the help of the Holy Spirit.

And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?” Mark 12:24

Why did Jesus chastise the Sadducees for not knowing the Scriptures if it was impossible for them to interpret them?

And why did Peter, Catholicism’s first “pope,” declare the following?

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." 2 Peter 1:20

Why does Paul instruct us to study the Bible if we can't interpret it?

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

Jesus admonished the Jews to:

Search the scriptures... ” John 5:39

Why would He do that, if He knew they couldn’t interpret them?

Who does the interpreting?

The Bible reveals that the Holy Spirit, not a group of men, will interpret Scripture for God's children and will help them understand all things:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.” John 14:26

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth... ” John 16:13

The Apostle Paul recognized that the Holy Spirit was the One who taught him:

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.” 1 Corinthians 2:13

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." 1 Corinthians 2:12

Why are Christians commanded to memorize the Scriptures if they can't understand them?

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalm 119:11

Keep my commandments, and live... write them upon the table of thine heart.” Proverbs 7;2-3

A warning

The following verses of Scripture should alarm anyone who believes they need a church to interpret the Bible for them:

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abides in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” 1 John 2:26-27

Could God’s position be any plainer?

Conclusion

Why is the Catholic church so determined to interpret the Scriptures for you? Is it because they want to control you and keep you in bondage to Catholicism?

Are they afraid that if you read the Scriptures for yourself, you might discover that Catholic doctrines are contrary to God's Word?

Do you really believe that all non-Catholics are groping around in spiritual blindness, needing the Catholic church to interpret the Bible for them?

You must settle these things in your own mind, but your most important decision is:

Who will interpret Scripture for you... the Holy Spirit of God or the Roman Catholic church?

Your answer to that question will determine who you will obey and eventually where you will spend eternity:

"Ό how I love thy law! It is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than my enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation." Psalm 119:97-99

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All true cults incorporate the doctrine that only they are qualified to interpret scripture and know how to apply the verses correctly to attain salvation; Roman Catholicism is no different. In times past, they demanded that Bibles be burned and anyone who owned one was to be tortured and exterminated, via their infamous Inquisitions. The reason being was that the Scriptures revealed how false the teachings of the papacy are and people could thus free themselves from the enslavement of the Roman Church. Today, they can no longer burn people at the stake - maybe it will be revised again during the seven-year Tribulation Period?? - so they insist on being the only ones available to teach the truth of God's Word. As repeatedly shown however, they defy Jesus Christ's teachings and present an alternate plan of redemption that will only lead to a Christ-less eternity.

SkyRider

Catholic Prayer

"
Prayer cannot be reduced to the spontaneous outpouring of interior impulse: in order to pray, one must have the will to pray. Nor is it enough to know what the Scriptures reveal about prayer: one must also learn how to pray. Through a living transmission (Sacred Tradition) within ‘the believing and praying Church,’ the Holy Spirit teaches the children how to pray.” Pg. 637, #2650

This Catechism quote makes two remarkably controversial statements. Let's look at each. First:

"Prayer cannot be reduced to the spontaneous outpouring of interior impulse:”

According to the Bible, it can! God’s Word contains thousands of examples of spontaneous outpourings... and God heard every one of them:

"I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me...” Psalm 3:4

"O LORD my G od, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.” Psalm 30:2

In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.” Psalm 120:1

Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.” Psalm 62:8

Rather than spontaneous outpourings, Catholic prayers are an endless repetition of written words. Interestingly, Jesus forbids this method of praying, claiming it is a practice the “heathen” perform:

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking." Matthew 6:7

Secondly, the Catechism contends:

“Nor is it enough to know what the Scriptures reveal about prayer: one must also learn how to pray. Through a living transmission (Sacred Tradition) within 'the believing and praying Church,’ the Holy Spirit teaches the children how to pray."

Here, the Catechism proclaims that the Scriptures can’t teach you how to pray. For that you must have the Catholic church. However, long before there was a Catholic church, people prayed and received answers to their prayers:

Abraham prayed unto God: and God healed Abimelech, and his wife, and his maidservants.” Genesis 20:17

“... when Moses prayed unto the LORD, the fire was quenched." Numbers 11:2

Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha." 2 Kings 6:18

These people spontaneously poured out their hearts to God, without help from the Catholic church. God offers His children this invitation:

"And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” Psalm 50:15

Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6-7

God’s Word reaches that God not only accepts spontaneous outpourings, He encourages them.

Bondage?

Is it a coincidence that this Catholic doctrine further wraps members in bondage to the Catholic church? That is for you to decide.

Conclusion

We have a standoff. The Bible condemns Catholicism's form of prayer, and the Catholic church condemns the Biblical form of prayer. Obviously, you must choose sides.

Will you side with God and His Holy Word, or with the traditions of men?

They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.״ Psalm 22:5

SkyRider

The Mass

If the Catechism is to be believed, then each time the Mass is performed, Christ's work on the cross is made present and the work of our redemption is carried out:

“In this divine sacrifice which is celebrated in the Mass, the same Christ who offered himself once in a bloody manner on the altar of the cross is contained and is offered in an unbloody manner.” Pg. 344, #1367

“When the Church celebrates the Eucharist, she commemorates Christ's Passover, and it is made present. As often as the sacrifice of the Cross by which Christ our Pasch has been sacrificed is celebrated on the altar, the work of our redemption is carried out.” Pg. 343, #1364

But the Bible reveals that the work of redemption was a one time act which was completed when Jesus died on the cross:

"...but now once in the end of the world hath he (Jesus) appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.” Hebrews 9:26

"By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” Hebrews 10:10

When Jesus shed His blood, that one time act purchased eternal redemption for all who would put their faith and trust in Christ alone:

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he (Jesus) entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us." Hebrews 9:12

The Bible specifically states that this sacrifice need not be done daily:

Who needs not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the peoples: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.” Hebrews 7:27

Yet the Catechism is adamant that:

"Every time this mystery is celebrated, “the work of our redemption is carried on' ...” Pg. 354, #1405

But God's Word is equally adamant that Christs death was a one time event:

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many...” Hebrews 9:28

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;” Hebrews 10:12

Jesus did all the work necessary to procure man's salvation when He died on the cross. No further work has ever been needed.

Who gets the credit?

For the Catechism to claim that the Catholic church plays a part in the redemptive work of Christ is to steal from the Lord Jesus credit He alone deserves for the work He accomplished at Calvary.

According to God's Word, Christ did it all, once and for all. His death was a divine act, the most wonderful sacrifice ever made. It occurred once, never to be repeated again. Still the Catechism insists:

“The sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifice of the Eucharist are one single sacrifice." Pg. 344 # 1367

As lovingly as possible it must be said that this statement is purely sacrilegious. To suggest that a priest performing a religious ritual is a part of the torturous death Jesus endured is nothing short of blasphemy.

To associate the rituals of the Catholic church with Christ’s work on the cross is ludicrous. The Catholic church played no part in the work that made redemption possible and it deserves no credit.

Once again, Catholicism tries to force Christ to share His glory with the Catholic church, while the Bible shows that Jesus alone deserves the glory.

Conclusion

Where will you place your trust? In the Word of G od... or the traditions and teaching of the Catholic church?

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:” 1 Peter 3:18

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does "sacrificing" a wafer atone for sin or completes Christ's death on the cross?? How does an inanimate object like a lifeless wafer even get sacrificed?? Satan has blinded the eyes of those who fall for this deception. Don't be one of them; flee this false doctrine of idolatry and blasphemy!

SkyRider

Are Catholics Christ?

Let us rejoice then and give thanks that we have become not only Christians, but Christ himself. Marvel and rejoice: we have become Christ.” Pg. 210, #795

Wow! Notice that Catholics are not merely Christians, they have become “Christ himself.”

“My church cannot possibly teach this,” Catholics often argue. But two additional catechism quotes further prove this is official Catholic doctrine.

For the Son of man became man so that we might become God.” Pg. 116, #460

"The only begotten Son of God, wanting to make us sharers in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men gods.” Pg. 116, #460

Even nominal Catholics know this is utter nonsense.

So, the million-dollar question is, “What are these quotes doing in the book of official Roman Catholic doctrine?

According to Jesus Christ, all who claim to be Christ are deceivers:

"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.” Matthew 24:5

Jesus warned about being taken in by these deceivers:

Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ...״ Luke 21:8

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not." Matthew 24:23

Yet the question remains. If the Catholic church does not believe this, then why are these quotes in the catechism?

Many Catholics have written me, asking “How could you write such a thing? We dont believe that.” But I did not write the catechism. I only quoted it. And they never answer the question, "If your religion does not believe these doctrines, why are they in your book of official doctrine?

Some Catholics accuse me of twisting the words. If you feel this way, please go back and read the quotes again. They are direct, easy-to-understand statements. It is impossible to twist them. So, the question remains, “Why are the quotes there?”

At least false cults like Mormonism and occultic New Agers admit teaching this unbiblical doctrine. They completely reject Bible verses like:

“... I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me," Isaiah 46:9

Roman Catholicism also rejects such verses, for there is only one answer to the question at hand. These quotes appear in the catechism for one simple reason... because they are official Roman Catholic doctrine.

The ultimate insult

Throughout this book, you have seen how Catholic doctrines steal honor and glory due to Jesus Christ and give it to Mary, popes, wafers, saints, statues, etc. But this is the ultimate insult.

The Creator of the universe, the King of kings and Lord of lords, has been dethroned and declared no better than any Catholic on the street.

Where could such an ungodly doctrine come from? Remember how Satan boasted that he would exalt his throne “above the stars of God (Isaiah 14:13)? This same Satan declared I will be like the most High" (Isaiah 14:14). The devil has always longed to be like God. Is this doctrine a clue as to the real father of Roman Catholicism?

Was it not Satan who deceived Adam and Eve, promising they would be “as gods” if they ate of the forbidden fruit
(Genesis 3:5)?

Is Satan still using this same lie to deceive Roman Catholics, promising you that, simply by being a Catholic, you can become God Himself?

You should be outraged that an official Catholic doctrine reflects the desires and goals of Satan and rejects the teachings of God's Word.

Conclusion

Here is the next question you must answer: “Am I willing to remain in a church that openly teaches outright satanic heresy?"

"But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.” 1 Corinthians 8:6

Jaybird

SkyRider, thanks for all of the posts. As a former Catholic your posts reminded me of how I once believed in all of this vile apostasy. It makes me sick just thinking of how the RCC purposely blinds people to the simple truth of the Gospel. What an evil organization! All we can do is pray that our family and friends have their blinders removed and understand who Jesus really is.

SkyRider

SkyRider, thanks for all of the posts. As a former Catholic your posts reminded me of how I once believed in all of this vile apostasy. It makes me sick just thinking of how the RCC purposely blinds people to the simple truth of the Gospel. What an evil organization! All we can do is pray that our family and friends have their blinders removed and understand who Jesus really is.
You're welcome. I'll get the last of the posts up today. It is shocking the stuff that we used to be a part of and had no idea of how horribly wrong all their teachings are. The trust that I used to put into the young sisters at the Catholic grade school that I attended, plus all of the parish priests that I thought were guiding us correctly. They were and are just as duped as we were as kids! That is all that they were taught in order to become nuns and priests; learn and be trusting in the hierarchy of Roman Catholicism and shun Biblical truths. I did learn that the one nun that I did like as a kid, left the convent and got married - hopefully she is a believer in Christ now and has abandoned all the false Roman doctrines.

It also makes me wonder, why the Lord chose me to escape their clutches out of all of my relatives that are still stuck in that idolatrous system?? I've tried for decades to get other family members to see the light but the indoctrination and brainwashing of that religion has so blinded them to the truth and have made them lazy to search the scriptures for the truth. Still working on them though; I still have two feet on this earth, this side of the Rapture.

SkyRider

Could a billion Catholics be wrong?

The Catechism pronounces that, as the one true church, those who are baptized into the Catholic church are assured of heaven
:

"The Church does not know of any other means other than Baptism that assures entry into eternal beatitude...” Pg. 320, #1257

In the United States, thar means 25 percent of the population, or over 60 million people, are headed for heaven.

In many other countries, ninety percent or more of the population is Catholic, meaning nine out of every ten people will pass through the pearly gates. Worldwide, Catholicism claims nearly one billion members.

You may not believe that nearly a billion people could be wrong, but look what Jesus said:

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” Matthew 7:13-14

According to Jesus, the masses willingly accept false religious systems that lead to destruction, while few find true salvation that leads to heaven. Could 60 million Americans be considered "few?” Would anyone say that one billion people worldwide is a few?

When Jesus walked the earth, a small minority followed Him. Most rejected his teachings and remained in the well established, socially accepted religions. In other words, they rejected the truth so they could keep their religious traditions. Jesus spoke the following words to those who did this:

“... Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.” Mark 7:9

While Jesus was preaching, one listener who began to comprehend this truth asked Jesus:

“Lord, are there few that be saved? And he (Jesus) said unto them, 'Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able'.” Luke 13:23-24

When Jesus taught his disciples to go out and preach the gospel, he said:

The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few ;” Matthew 9:37

In other words, most people are lost and need a Savior, but few have the truth to go and tell them.

Conclusion

Throughout this book, every Catholic doctrine has violated God's Word. Yet millions of Catholics ignore God's instructions and continue following the traditions of men, claiming to be right because they are in a religious majority. Jesus warns:

"Whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man... And everyone that hears these sayings of mine, and does them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man...” Matthew 7:24, 26

Does God consider you a wise or foolish person? It you believe you can ignore Gods commands because you are in a religious majority, you need to read Matthew 7:24-26 again. [there are also over 1 billion followers of Islam on the planet, and though in a majority of people, are not saved ]

Jesus gives another warning to the majority who have disregarded God’s Word and are counting on earning their salvation through good works:

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them , I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:22-23

How is it that so many Catholics can call Jesus their Lord, yet totally disregard His instructions? Jesus asked that very same question in His Word:

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” Luke 6:46

You can ignore this question now, but what will you say when Jesus asks you the same question in person when you die and stand before Him for judgment?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Roman Catholic, it should be clear when comparing the doctrines of Roman Catholicism - as found in their own Catechism - versus what the Holy Spirit-inspired Word of God reveals to us, that there are vast differences to what the Bible has to say and what Rome teaches. Those differences cannot be ignored. Rome does not waste an opportunity to diminish what Christ has done for us nor do they follow what Jesus and His true Apostles taught regarding salvation. They are diametrically opposed to each other. The question then becomes is if whether or not you can remain in a religion that defies God at every turn. Are you willing to miss out on an eternity with the Lord in His Kingdom so that you can remain loyal to the false teachings of the popes??

Those of us who are former Roman Catholics - and even those who never were - implore you to give up on false religion and believe on Christ alone for your salvation. He will not steer you wrong, whereas Rome continually does. And don't worry about whether family members or friends will castigate you for ditching Romanism; it is far more important to lock up where you will spend eternity versus how others will be offended by your actions. All of us former Catholics had to deal with that; suddenly we are black sheep of the family. And of course, after you get saved, you will want to reach out to family members and friends who are just as lost as you once were. Christ puts a special desire in your heart to save those still stuck in the Roman bondage system. Jesus also said, regarding maybe getting some negative feedback after deciding to leave the Roman Catholic religion "He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me" - Matthew 10:37. In other words, if you are holding back from worshipping Jesus correctly due to how others may react, if you are placing them first instead of Christ, then one is not worthy to be a follower of Jesus. It is far more important in the long run to make the wise choice versus staying in something wrong because one doesn't want to create friction with family or friends. It is your life on the line, not theirs.

SkyRider

Reconciliation

A Catholic who is reconciled to God is simultaneously reconciled to the Catholic church, the Catechism asserts:

“Forgiveness of sins brings reconciliation with God, but also with the Church.” Pg. 367, #1462

Again, the Bible and the Catechism are at odds. God's Word does teach the necessity of being reconciled to God, but not to a church:

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him ...” Colossians 1:20

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;” 2 Corinthians 5:18

Paul, the Apostle, prayed that people would be reconciled to God, but never that they would be reconciled to the Catholic church:

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:20

This same Paul preached:

"And that he (Jesus) might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:״ Ephesians 2:16

Theme of the Bible

The theme of the entire Bible is man being reconciled to God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. It is foreshadowed in the Old Testament and illustrated in the New Testament.

The heart of the Christian faith is the beautiful story of sinful man being reconciled to a holy and just God through the blood of Jesus Christ:

“Therefore, as by the offence of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one (Jesus) the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.” Romans 5:18

Being reconciled to God is Biblical, but being reconciled to the Catholic church is a tradition of men.

The Catechism threatens that if you are not reconciled to the Catholic church, you might not go to heaven. Where did they get the authority to create such a doctrine, since it is not found in the Bible?

Is this but another man-made doctrine designed to keep people in bondage to the Catholic church. While it sure appears to be, you must make the final decision for yourself.

Who will you be reconciled to?

Today, even though the Bible declares that our eternal destiny will be determined by whether or not we have been reconciled to God, millions of Catholics live in mortal fear of dying without being reconciled to the Catholic church, but have no fear of passing on without being reconciled to God.

If God really meant what He said in His Word, you, as a faithful Catholic, are making a mistake you will regret through all eternity

Conclusion

Here are three additional questions for you to ponder:

1. If a person is already reconciled to the God of the universe, does it really matter if he or she has been reconciled to the Catholic church?

2. If your eternal destiny does rest upon being reconciled to a church, would God omit such vital information from His Word?

3. Why does Catholic doctrine once again directly contradict Biblical doctrine, and even the very words of Jesus Christ?

What about you? Are you more concerned about being reconciled to God, or to the Catholic church?

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.״ Romans 5:10

SkyRider

Celibacy

“All the ordained ministers of the Latin Church, with the exception of permanent deacons, are normally chosen from among men of faith who live a celibate life and who intend to remain celibate ‘for the sake of the kingdom of heaven ... Celibacy is a sign of this new life to the service of which the Church’s minister is consecrated; accepted with a joyous heart celibacy radiantly proclaims the Reign of God." Pg. 395, #1379

Is celibacy a sacrifice God requires of His servants, or is it another tradition of men? The Bible declares:

"Marriage is honorable in all.. ” Hebrews 13:4

Does this include religious leaders, like priests and nuns? When God’s Word lists the qualifications of bishops, who are religious leaders, we are told that:

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife...” 1 Timothy 3:2

God has the same requirement for deacons:

"Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.” 1 Timothy 3:12

From the beginning, it has always been God's plan that men should have wives. Shortly after creating Adam, the first man:

“... the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” Genesis 2:18

Not only does God express His approval of marriage, He delivers this powerful warning:

Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.” 1 Timothy 4:1-3

Not only is celibacy not required by God, it is a doctrine of demons. The Bible announces that those who teach this doctrine are “giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy;”

Please understand, these are not my words, they are God’s Words.

How tragic that priests and nuns around the world are foregoing the pleasure of sharing their lives with a spouse, believing that their sacrifice pleases God, when in reality they are falling prey to a powerful demonic scheme.

If only priests and nuns could learn that God makes no such requirement... and that they are being deceived by Satan. God has recorded all these truths in His Word. If only they could see and understand them.

A married pope?

Few Catholics realize that Peter, the “first pope,” was a married man:

But Simons wife’s mother lay sick of a fever...” Mark 1:30

This Simon is none other than the Apostle Peter. (See Matthew 4:18 and Matthew 10:2.)

Why this doctrine?

This Catholic doctrine, like all others we have discussed, directly opposes God's Word. One must wonder why Catholicism would teach that celibacy “radiantly proclaims the Reign of God,” when the Lord has declared that this doctrine originated in hell.

Is it because the Catholic church does not want to pay the millions of dollars it would cost each year to support the families of priests and nuns?

Conclusion

Now that you know what the Bible teaches on this subject, you must decide whether you will believe the Word of God or the traditions of the Catholic church.

If you happen to be a priest or a nun, please ask yourself who your sacrifice is really pleasing:

"Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth." Proverbs 5:18

SkyRider

Confusion

After studying the 1994 Catechism, one cannot help but notice several major differences between Catholic doctrine and the Bible.

First and foremost is that both consistently teach conflicting doctrines. The Catechisms claim that the Bible and Catholic tradition work together to bring about the salvation of souls is simply not true.

Secondly, the Catechism contains an endless list of complicated and often confusing rules which all Catholics must follow to please their church.

The Bible, on the other hand, is simple, straightforward, consistent and easy to understand. Here is an example.

Who will go to heaven?

The Bible could not be any more explicit on the subject of eternal destiny, which is to be expected from God on such an important topic:

"He that believes on the Son has everlasting life: and he that believes not the Son shall not see life: but the wrath of God abides on him." John 3:36

Here's another example. Jesus Himself preached:

"He that hears my word, and believes on him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation: but is passed from death unto life." John 5:24

That is very easy to understand. Now let's see what the Catechism says on the same subject. Here is an exact quote:

"By virtue of our apostolic authority, we define the following: According to the general disposition of God, the souls of all the saints... and other faithful who died atter receiving Christ's holy Baptism (provided they were not in need of purification when they died,... or, if they then did need or will need some purification, when they have been purified after death,...) already before they take up their bodies again and before the general judgment and this since the Ascension of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into heaven—have been, are and will be in heaven, in the heavenly Kingdom and celestial paradise with Christ, joined to the company of the holy angels. Since the Passion and death of our Lord Jesus Christ, these souls have seen and do see the divine essence with an intuitive vision, and even face to face, without mediation of any creature.” Pg. 267, #1023

Who could possibly understand that?

Why is such a simple Bible concept made so confusing? Surely God wants everyone to understand how to get to heaven. Would a truly loving God make the rules for reaching heaven so complex that nobody could understand them?

Consider also the following verse of Scripture:

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.” 1 Corinthians 14:33

If God is not the author of this confusing list of Catholic rules, then who is?

Don’t be deceived

The Bible even warns us about being deceived by those who complicate the simple things of Christ:

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.” 2 Corinthians 11:3

Could God be attempting to warn you about the Catholic church? God made His Word simple because He is:

“... not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9

God wants you in heaven. That’s why He keeps His Word simple.

Conclusion

God does not want you to be confused. If the Catechism and Catholic doctrine have ever left you feeling confused, perhaps you should begin putting your trust in God’s Word:

In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion.״ Psalm 71:1

SkyRider

An Invitation

This book was not written to attack or criticize Catholic people
. Having been born and raised as a Roman Catholic, I understand how average Catholics think and feel about their religion.

Two factors motivated the writing of this book. First, I want you to know that your religion is not Biblical. It is a religion comprised of traditions of men which violate scripture at every turn.

Secondly, I would love for you to experience the freedom and peace I found when I broke free from the bondage of the Catholic church by placing my hope for salvation in Jesus Christ alone.

Tens of thousands of other former Catholics have experienced this same freedom and peace.

As I mentioned, I was raised a Roman Catholic. I was baptized shortly after birth. I received my First Communion and Confirmation. During 2 grade school, I attended w eekly religious instruction classes and attended Mass each Sunday. I confessed my sins to a priest and regularly received Communion.

At age 18, I enlisted in the United States Navy, leaving home and the Catholic church behind. While in the military, a friend invited me to a Baptist church. Though somewhat resistant, I agreed to try it once.

That first service was one I will never forget. When the pastor preached, he seemed to be talking straight at me. He concluded his sermon by inviting those who wanted to repent of their sins and be saved to come up front.

My heart began pounding like a jackhammer. I knew something powerful was going on but I felt frozen in my seat.

The pastor ended the service that morning with these words, I believe that someone said no to Jesus Christ today. I pray you won't die before you have another opportunity to receive Him, or you will spend eternity separated from God. I knew he was talking to me.

Within seconds, the pounding stopped. It was so real. God had spoken to me— and I had said no:

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Revelation 3:20

A couple of days later the same friend invited me to church again. I could hardly wait. Again, the pastor preached and as his sermon came to a close the pounding in my chest resumed. When the pastor gave the invitation, I bolted from my seat.

A young man opened his Bible and explained how I could receive the gift of eternal life. I learned from God's Word that we are all sinners in need of a Savior, and that Jesus Christ paid the full price for all our sins on the cross.

This young man showed me from the Bible how I could be saved right then by repenting of my sins and asking Jesus Christ to come into my heart to be my personal Lord and Savior.

In my own words, I admitted to God that I was a sinner who deserved hell, and I asked Jesus Christ to come into my heart and save me.

I cannot explain the feeling, but it was like a thousand-pound weight was hoisted off my shoulders. Instantly, I knew I had been set free. I knew that Jesus had come into my heart and made me a brand new person. A lifetime of good works could never accomplish the miracle that took place in those few moments.

It has been over twenty five years since that day, and although I have failed the Lord many times, He has never failed me or left me. He is more real and more precious to me today than ever. I would not trade places with anyone or give up my relationship with Jesus for anything this world has to offer.

Precious Roman Catholic, that same freedom and joy is available to you. You can receive Jesus Christ as your Savior right now. You have heard the truth and now you can be made free:

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.״ John 8:32

The wonderful goodness of God is leading you to repentance and salvation:

Or despise thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leads thee to repentance? ' Romans 2:4

God wants you to be saved today:

"... behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 6:2

It you would like to become a child of God, bow your head and talk to God from your heart. In your own words, pray something like this:

“Dear Jesus, I admit that I’m a sinner. I repent of all my sins and I ask you to come into my heart and save me.

I repent of trusting in a false religion that demands good works for salvation. I now see that You paid the full price for all my sins on the cross. I reject the teachings of Catholicism and I place my trust in you alone.

From now on Your Word will be the final authority in my life, not the traditions of the Catholic church

Thank you, Lord, for saving me and for giving me the gift of eternal life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

If you just prayed a prayer similar to this one and really meant it, then you were just born into God’s family:

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” John 1:12

My friend, this entire book was written so you could hear and be convinced by God of the truth of this message. If you have not already done so, please receive the gift of eternal life. Only then will you experience the joy and peace of knowing your sins are forgiven.

My prayer is twofold:

First, that you will begin a personal relationship with God through faith alone in Jesus Christ.

Secondly, that you will be set free from the bondage of the Catholic church.

This book was not written to criticize you, but to lead you to these wonderful truths. May God bless you as you begin your new life in Him:

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turnmg.” James 1:17

Back