Pentagon Tracking Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over the US

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I think I'm more concerned over the potential for agri and bio terrorism from the balloons than spying (although that important too) :tappingfoot

Pentagon tracking suspected Chinese spy balloon over the US​

By Oren Liebermann, Haley Britzky and Michael Conte, CNN
Updated 9:14 PM EST, Thu February 2, 2023

"The US is tracking a suspected Chinese high-altitude surveillance balloon over the continental United States, a senior defense official said on Thursday.
The Pentagon has been tracking the balloon for several days as it made its way over the northern United States, Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder said.
“We are confident that this high-altitude surveillance balloon belongs to the [People’s Republic of China],” the senior defense official said. “Instances of this activity have been observed over the past several years, including prior to this administration.”
“The balloon is currently traveling at an altitude well above commercial air traffic and does not present a military or physical threat to people on the ground,” Ryder said, adding that the US military decided against shooting the balloon down.
While the balloon’s current flight path carries it over “a number of sensitive sites,” the official said it does not present a significant intelligence gathering risk. The balloon is assessed to have “limited additive value” from an intelligence collection perspective, the official added."

More
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/02/politics/us-tracking-china-spy-balloon/index.html

Dear God, please protect us.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Kenny

Nothing to see here folks, it's just a Chinese surveillance balloon gathering intel over Montana, the area with many Inter-continental ballistic missile silos, per the CNN article. Gen. Mark Milley declares it's nothing to be worried about, yeah the guy that oversaw the botched pull out of Afghanistan that unnecessarily got thirteen Americans killed. Why don't I feel safe?:mad:

MapleLeaf

Guys, relax! It's just the new egg roll delivery system! Now we can get real Chinese food delivered to our front doors. So very kind of them.

That thing flew over Canada and nobody noticed. At least you guys saw it. Chinese police stations are operating here too. No one is doing anything about that either. It's all so tiresome.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Guys, relax! It's just the new egg roll delivery system! Now we can get real Chinese food delivered to our front doors. So very kind of them.
I make "real" organic Chinese food. But, it's time-consuming to make the egg rolls, fried wonton, chop up all the various veggies, etc., and even with the exhaust fan going full blast, the house smells of cooking for two days :eek

Haven't made home-made Chinese for a long time :alone

Maybe I should. I like Chinese food, but can't eat carry-out because of the salt, soy, etc.

Although the family that owns the place I get Chinese take-out for Dad are Christians that fled persecution, so good to patronize the business and learn from them :smile

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Cheaper than satellites. I give them a thumbs up for creativity.

I wonder if they are using hydrogen to float it, got a match?

Speaking of satellites, I doubt the balloons can see much more. But then they may pose a hazard to SR71's and their replacements.

That's the problem with space, it belongs to those who can get there.

Back