How will technology influence the end times

Jaybird

Wouldn't that be too easy to forge?
I'm kind of sitting on the fence about the loss of technology during the Tribulation. In order for the AC to get people to worship him they will be forced into a decision based on getting cut off from the system. It's obvious that this is a digital system to control all selling/buying. I guess it's possible that this system will be in shambles during the latter half of the tribulation when the judgments get more intense. However, the technology is the key to getting everyone to worship the AC.

Andy C

I'm kind of sitting on the fence about the loss of technology during the Tribulation. In order for the AC to get people to worship him they will be forced into a decision based on getting cut off from the system. It's obvious that this is a digital system to control all selling/buying. I guess it's possible that this system will be in shambles during the latter half of the tribulation when the judgments get more intense. However, the technology is the key to getting everyone to worship the AC.
Why? Im not saying it wont be digital, but a tattoo or something similar is all that would be needed. The bible does not specifically say “control” all buying and selling, only that you must have the MOB in order to buy or sell. I think of it as comparable to a gang. Gang members have distinct clothing, or tattoos that identify them as belonging to a certain gang. Those in the trib who have the MOB will display it with pride, but also be looking to find those who do not have the MOB so they can turn them in. If it was all digital, and they had a global tracking system, it would be extremely hard to evade capture, and we know many Trib Saints will survive the entire 7 years.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

We know that there will be survivors of the 7 years who have come to faith in Jesus Christ and have not taken the Mark. Somehow they will not have been captured despite probably great resources being allocated to capturing all of those who haven't taken the Mark. Modern surveillance capabilities would make it near to impossible to hide out for long without getting caught. I would venture to guess that God will ensure enough disruption of surveillance and other technologies to protect those who will survive the 7 years of Tribulation.

JSTyler

As for tech in a time of societal breakdown and crisis, it isn't really that hard to imagine a continuation of what we have available, certainly scaled back but well within reach right now. I can power everything I own that's vital to communications with a pair of portable 100 watt solar panels sans the power station or inverter. The batteries I have currently (most shapes, sizes and applications are rated for 2000 - 4000 full cycles. My junk $20, second-hand cell phone, 6-8 generations old is capable of too many amazing abilities to easily list. Current models are scary capable.

The "skynet" global satellite system, what is widely known about it, forgetting and ignoring what isn't known, is very capable of handling worldwide communications and connectivity. And there's so much more being prepped and launched at an alarming rate by governmental and private industry both. We have no idea what's already in place and the capacity it offers...my assumption is that it's leagues beyond our pedestrian understanding.

With the horrors inflicted on the earth, on current tech and people via the seals, trumpets and bowls judgements, it's still very conceivable that there will remain a vast array of tech and wide access to it.

Or maybe it will be back to two soup cans and strings. Either way it's fun to discuss and speculate about.

Jaybird

As for tech in a time of societal breakdown and crisis, it isn't really that hard to imagine a continuation of what we have available, certainly scaled back but well within reach right now. I can power everything I own that's vital to communications with a pair of portable 100 watt solar panels sans the power station or inverter. The batteries I have currently (most shapes, sizes and applications are rated for 2000 - 4000 full cycles. My junk $20, second-hand cell phone, 6-8 generations old is capable of too many amazing abilities to easily list. Current models are scary capable.

The "skynet" global satellite system, what is widely known about it, forgetting and ignoring what isn't known, is very capable of handling worldwide communications and connectivity. And there's so much more being prepped and launched at an alarming rate by governmental and private industry both. We have no idea what's already in place and the capacity it offers...my assumption is that it's leagues beyond our pedestrian understanding.

With the horrors inflicted on the earth, on current tech and people via the seals, trumpets and bowls judgements, it's still very conceivable that there will remain a vast array of tech and wide access to it.

Or maybe it will be back to two soup cans and strings. Either way it's fun to discuss and speculate about.
Yes, you are right. It's all speculation on our part.

Jaybird

Scripture says in Revelation 11:9-10 concerning the two witnesses: "For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth." Technology must still be available for everyone to witness this.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Interestingly, many various interest groups in the world speculate about an event called the singularity - a hypothetical future point in time at which technological and other humanistic advancements become uncontrollable and irreversible, resulting in unforeseeable changes to humanity.

God intervened (in Genesis) when the bloodline of mankind was altered by 'the sons of God' having offspring with human women.
Man has already boasted that he is 'able to play God' by manipulating human DNA so one can only wonder what he will soon try to achieve in this field with the aid of AI...

God will intervene again - very soon - and I can hardly wait!
Marinatha!
Yes!
God absolutely will intervene.
:)

athenasius

Scripture says in Revelation 11:9-10 concerning the two witnesses: "For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth." Technology must still be available for everyone to witness this.
And that is the very verses I was thinking too, which all but prove that at that point at least, global communication systems are up and running.

Andy C

Good point, so who really knows at this time what will still be working after all the wars and judgements during the tribulation.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
And that is the very verses I was thinking too, which all but prove that at that point at least, global communication systems are up and running.
I thought of that verse too.
Interesting discussion.
The verse posted says *Some* of every nation, etc....not ALL

I wonder if the leaders of the government will be able to control who has access to technology or will limit it in some way...to display the Beast or in this case, the witnesses? The government would have complete media control.

Jaybird

I believe at some point in the latter half of the tribulation some of the technology will fail due to the bowl and trumpet judgements. Nukes might be flying around at some point also. It will be so bad I don't think anyone will be sitting around watching the nightly news or checking their cell phones. It is a time of extreme judgement. Only God knows the details. I don't want to be around for it!

Hidden

Listening to Pete, Tyler, Lee Brainard and others talk about us now being in the rapture window is so exciting. I would concur that we are now in that window, and as children of the Day, we won't be surprised by it.

That's the Thessalonian-type believers. The Corinthians though are in for a surprise, because the Lord's coming to them would seem like the coming of a thief in the night.

About technology in the tribulation, I think what humanity has achieved in our time - planes, cars, satellites, tracking systems, the internet - will be very much in place during the trib. It's part of what will make the Great Babylon tyrannical and the ultimate beast. But as the world goes deep into the tribulation, God will destroy these infrastructures one by one, until the statue of man fully crumbles and is broken into pieces and "the wind blew them away without a trace, like chaff on a threshing floor."

Bethlehem57

I have always been intrigued by the use of technology, and the way that this will be used in the end times.

One of the 'benefits' to mankind is the way that technology helps us to learn faster. An amazing article recently stated that the 'sum total' of man's knowledge us currently doubling every 13 months - and IBM predicts this will accelerate to a doubling of all knowledge in just 12 hours! (Dan 12:4)

Artificial Intelligence has finally arrived in the mainstream in the form of ChatGPT, Dell E, and other platforms.
People are amazed at the ability of these systems to process vast quantities of information and provide answers to complex questions\problems in mere seconds.

However, these systems keep 'crashing' due to user overload on currently used traditional computing systems.

So - I have been wondering what will happen when artificial intelligence 'matures', and is then run on a network of quantum computers. (Note that a quantum computer can process in just 4 minutes what would take a traditional super-computer 10,000 years to complete!)

If such a system were linked to the internet, which in turn is linked to the Internet of Things and People (IoT & IoP) as well as the surveillance systems around the world, we would have a non-human entity which would 'know' everything, everywhere, about everone, all at once, in real time... and the person who controls such a system would wield power such has never before been seen in human history.
They, Soros and his second in charge Harrari (sp?) want to use technology so they can know how a person thinks, not just monitoring for health reasons, but to know what they are thinking regarding agreeing or not with ultimately, Antichrist. if you search this guy, its amazing how he believes all his work will benefit just the elite. He’s very clear that he is in favor of what Hitler did, but Hitler failed because he didn’t have the technology. He won’t fall because he knows more. He and all those who were at Davos want total control over everything.

Thank You Lord for Your love and protection! I know that You have not appointed Your Church to wrath and until You call us home, You will protect us.

The gall of men like this who think they are better than our God! Their future looks very dark indeed!

Jan51

Listening to Pete, Tyler, Lee Brainard and others talk about us now being in the rapture window is so exciting. I would concur that we are now in that window, and as children of the Day, we won't be surprised by it.

That's the Thessalonian-type believers. The Corinthians though are in for a surprise, because the Lord's coming to them would seem like the coming of a thief in the night.

About technology in the tribulation, I think what humanity has achieved in our time - planes, cars, satellites, tracking systems, the internet - will be very much in place during the trib. It's part of what will make the Great Babylon tyrannical and the ultimate beast. But as the world goes deep into the tribulation, God will destroy these infrastructures one by one, until the statue of man fully crumbles and is broken into pieces and "the wind blew them away without a trace, like chaff on a threshing floor."
Actually Jesus does not come for the church or any part of it as a thief in the night. The day of the Lord that begins after the rapture will come upon those who are left as a thief in the night.

madcat

Y
I have always been intrigued by the use of technology, and the way that this will be used in the end times.

One of the 'benefits' to mankind is the way that technology helps us to learn faster. An amazing article recently stated that the 'sum total' of man's knowledge us currently doubling every 13 months - and IBM predicts this will accelerate to a doubling of all knowledge in just 12 hours! (Dan 12:4)

Artificial Intelligence has finally arrived in the mainstream in the form of ChatGPT, Dell E, and other platforms.
People are amazed at the ability of these systems to process vast quantities of information and provide answers to complex questions\problems in mere seconds.

However, these systems keep 'crashing' due to user overload on currently used traditional computing systems.

So - I have been wondering what will happen when artificial intelligence 'matures', and is then run on a network of quantum computers. (Note that a quantum computer can process in just 4 minutes what would take a traditional super-computer 10,000 years to complete!)

If such a system were linked to the internet, which in turn is linked to the Internet of Things and People (IoT & IoP) as well as the surveillance systems around the world, we would have a non-human entity which would 'know' everything, everywhere, about everone, all at once, in real time... and the person who controls such a system would wield power such has never before been seen in human history.
You are describing Yuval Noah Harari’s DREAM scenario. I do believe he is in the top 3 most evil people alive in this world today. He already says all humans are “hackable”.

Back