Saudi Leaders Say They Are Ready to Normalize Relations With Israel, US

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/saudi-leaders-israel-u-s/2023/01/10/id/1103766/

.......Two years after the signing of the Abraham Accords – and for the first time in history – the senior leadership of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia say they are, in fact, now ready to normalize relations with the State of Israel.

But first, the Saudis say, they need to normalize relations with Washington which are more strained and tense than any time in the eight decades since the U.S.-Saudi alliance began.

The Saudis insist they cannot take the risk of making peace with Israel – especially in the face of grave and growing threats from the Iranian regime – without strong and dependable security and economic ties with Washington.

This is no small development.

The Saudis' willingness to negotiate a full peace treaty with Israel is extraordinary.

.....This week, in his first exclusive interview about the trip, Hannah [senior fellow at the Jewish Institute for National Security of America] told ALL ISRAEL NEWS that he and his colleagues met with the absolute top tier of Saudi leaders.

"We met with the crown prince," he said via Zoom from his office in Washington. "We met with the defense minister. With the foreign minister. We met with the head of the Navy. The commander of the Air Force. The people in charge of their defense transformation at the Ministry of Defense. The person in charge of their military industries. We saw somebody I know that you probably know well – we had a lovely day at the Muslim World League with Sheikh Mohammed Al-Issa. We went, of course, to Etidal, the Countering Extremism Center."

Joining the delegation, Hannah said, were "eight retired U.S. flag officers – four four-stars [and] four three-stars, all with deep experience in the Middle East, including the former commander at CENTCOM and former U.S. Ambassador to Saudi Arabia under President Trump, General John Abizaid; the former director of the National Security Agency, Admiral Mike Rogers; the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, Lieutenant General Bob Ashley; and others."

It was a very impressive group, he said, adding: "And we saw, essentially, without giving away too much, the people you would need to see – authoritatively – at a political and national security level."

......."I came away with a stronger impression than I've ever had that … the top political and national security leadership in that country has made the decision that they are, in fact, prepared to make peace with Israel, to normalize relations," Hannah told me.

"They see it very much in their strategic interest to do so," he added. "They told us we have the same threats as Israel, the same allies, and the same enemies – most importantly, specifically, the Islamic Republic of Iran."

.......The obstacle, the Saudis told Hannah, is the badly broken relationship between Riyadh and Washington.

.....For the Saudis, Hannah said, their bottom line was essentially this: "Before we can normalize with Israel, which is what we want to do, we need much greater confidence that we've got a normal strategic partnership with the United States."

......The Saudis are signaling for the first time – and to a Jewish-American delegation, no less – that they are ready to make peace with Israel.....

GHoe

I gotta wonder if Ben Gvir is capable of reversing this as well. Netanyahu already had to postpone his trip to UAE after Gvir walked up to and around the Temple mount with Isaeli Police (whom he controls now) which caused additional strife with Arabs. Quite a few aspects to keep an eye on as progress develops.

DWB

Maybe. A long time tactic has always been to pretend to be peaceful and then strike when the guard goes down. The Israelis know this and I'm sure will proceed with caution.

A rattlesnake may not kill you everytime you step over it, but eventually it will strike.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
If Saudi Arabia are serious about this (Ezekiel seems to indicate that they will as they fall under Sheba and Dedan) then they might have to wait until the passing of the current king as he still has a disliking for Israel.

The King's son Mohammed Bin Salmon is more progressive than his father and seems the more likely to agree to the peace deal then again God could throw a complete spanner in the works and allow the deal or agreements to go through with the exisiting king of Saudi Arabia.

RedRx

This is a very pragmatic move by the Saudi leadership. I think they realize what most everyone else does: a nuclear capable Iran would be a disaster for the rest of the world. I believe they also assume Israel will go on the offensive towards the Iranian nuclear program sooner rather than later and the Saudis don’t want to be a secondary target of Israel.

My over/under for Israel going on the offensive against Iran with their current leadership is two years. If I was a betting man I’d take the under. We’ll see how this all plays out soon enough but this is an interesting development in my opinion.

athenasius

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/saudi-leaders-israel-u-s/2023/01/10/id/1103766/

.......Two years after the signing of the Abraham Accords – and for the first time in history – the senior leadership of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia say they are, in fact, now ready to normalize relations with the State of Israel.

But first, the Saudis say, they need to normalize relations with Washington which are more strained and tense than any time in the eight decades since the U.S.-Saudi alliance began.

The Saudis insist they cannot take the risk of making peace with Israel – especially in the face of grave and growing threats from the Iranian regime – without strong and dependable security and economic ties with Washington.

This is no small development.

The Saudis' willingness to negotiate a full peace treaty with Israel is extraordinary.

.....This week, in his first exclusive interview about the trip, Hannah [senior fellow at the Jewish Institute for National Security of America] told ALL ISRAEL NEWS that he and his colleagues met with the absolute top tier of Saudi leaders.

"We met with the crown prince," he said via Zoom from his office in Washington. "We met with the defense minister. With the foreign minister. We met with the head of the Navy. The commander of the Air Force. The people in charge of their defense transformation at the Ministry of Defense. The person in charge of their military industries. We saw somebody I know that you probably know well – we had a lovely day at the Muslim World League with Sheikh Mohammed Al-Issa. We went, of course, to Etidal, the Countering Extremism Center."

Joining the delegation, Hannah said, were "eight retired U.S. flag officers – four four-stars [and] four three-stars, all with deep experience in the Middle East, including the former commander at CENTCOM and former U.S. Ambassador to Saudi Arabia under President Trump, General John Abizaid; the former director of the National Security Agency, Admiral Mike Rogers; the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, Lieutenant General Bob Ashley; and others."

It was a very impressive group, he said, adding: "And we saw, essentially, without giving away too much, the people you would need to see – authoritatively – at a political and national security level."

......."I came away with a stronger impression than I've ever had that … the top political and national security leadership in that country has made the decision that they are, in fact, prepared to make peace with Israel, to normalize relations," Hannah told me.

"They see it very much in their strategic interest to do so," he added. "They told us we have the same threats as Israel, the same allies, and the same enemies – most importantly, specifically, the Islamic Republic of Iran."

.......The obstacle, the Saudis told Hannah, is the badly broken relationship between Riyadh and Washington.

.....For the Saudis, Hannah said, their bottom line was essentially this: "Before we can normalize with Israel, which is what we want to do, we need much greater confidence that we've got a normal strategic partnership with the United States."

......The Saudis are signaling for the first time – and to a Jewish-American delegation, no less – that they are ready to make peace with Israel.....
That's quite a lot of movement from the Saudis. The Crown Prince is on board, but to get it official going that direction with the King's ok on it is HUGE!

SkyRider

I agree with comments above regarding Saudi Arabia, how siding with Israel will be a good thing and their role in the Ezekiel 38 invasion. But it still doesn't make total sense that they wouldn't get involved in invading Israel, when their Islamic counterparts join the confederation to attack Israel.

I could see the Kingdom being extremely grateful to the Jewish nation if they indeed bomb the Iranian nuclear facility sites, thus eliminating a huge threat not only to Israel but also the Saudis themselves. Of course they would be thankful for that.

But, whatever begins the Gog/Magog invasion, you would think that another Islamic state would side with their brethren, no matter what has happened prior to that event. Isn't one of the tactics of the followers of Islam is to feign peace with the infidels until they believe they are in a stronger position to attack them and annihilate them? If the Saudis - the custodians of the Islamic mosques in Mecca and Medina and to which all Muslims if able are required to make a Hadj to visit those “holy” places - are the leading followers of the Islamic religion, wouldn't or shouldn't they be setting an example to the other Muslims in joining forces to wipe out the Jewish State, especially since Israel now “occupies” land that once the Muslims had control over??

There are probably a few scenarios that could trigger Ezekiel's invasion, that might keep Saudi Arabia out of the fray. As mentioned, an attack on Iran could inflame the passions of some Arabs/Islams into wanting to wipe out the Jews - but, of course, the Saudis would abstain. A nuclear attack on the city of Damascus by Israel - even though most certainly something would have had to have happened to Israel to prompt them to retaliate in such a manner - would certainly create a fervor amongst the Muslims to want to finally venture to the Holy Land to eradicate the Jewish State.

One thing that would certainly rile up the Islamic nations to want to attack Israel, that would also probably fire up the Saudis to join forces with them to finally rid the world of the nation of Israel, would be if some subversive force blows up the Dome of the Rock and the other Islamic mosques on the Temple Mount, but make it look like Israel had a hand in it. The Islamic world would go crazy with fury to exact revenge on the Zionists. I could then see how nations as far away as Libya, Ethopia/Sudan, Iran, Turkey and others with them, would come into Israel to exterminate them.

But, perhaps, the third Temple will be erected in a spot on the Temple Mount not where the first two were erected, but in a position that would allow the Islamic structures to remain (until Christ comes back) and perhaps also, the Saudis will be given the position of being custodians of those buildings also, as part of a globalist agenda to create a false peace with Israel, that would enable the coming prince to eventually declare himself god in his “abomination of desolation” moment in the Temple. Maybe these peace proposals and prior arrangements with Saudis will be the reason that they won't be a part of Ezekiel's prophecy of the land grab and spoiling of Israel.

Obviously, something keeps them out of the attack??

cheeky200386

I agree with comments above regarding Saudi Arabia, how siding with Israel will be a good thing and their role in the Ezekiel 38 invasion. But it still doesn't make total sense that they wouldn't get involved in invading Israel, when their Islamic counterparts join the confederation to attack Israel.

I could see the Kingdom being extremely grateful to the Jewish nation if they indeed bomb the Iranian nuclear facility sites, thus eliminating a huge threat not only to Israel but also the Saudis themselves. Of course they would be thankful for that.

But, whatever begins the Gog/Magog invasion, you would think that another Islamic state would side with their brethren, no matter what has happened prior to that event. Isn't one of the tactics of the followers of Islam is to feign peace with the infidels until they believe they are in a stronger position to attack them and annihilate them? If the Saudis - the custodians of the Islamic mosques in Mecca and Medina and to which all Muslims if able are required to make a Hadj to visit those “holy” places - are the leading followers of the Islamic religion, wouldn't or shouldn't they be setting an example to the other Muslims in joining forces to wipe out the Jewish State, especially since Israel now “occupies” land that once the Muslims had control over??

There are probably a few scenarios that could trigger Ezekiel's invasion, that might keep Saudi Arabia out of the fray. As mentioned, an attack on Iran could inflame the passions of some Arabs/Islams into wanting to wipe out the Jews - but, of course, the Saudis would abstain. A nuclear attack on the city of Damascus by Israel - even though most certainly something would have had to have happened to Israel to prompt them to retaliate in such a manner - would certainly create a fervor amongst the Muslims to want to finally venture to the Holy Land to eradicate the Jewish State.

One thing that would certainly rile up the Islamic nations to want to attack Israel, that would also probably fire up the Saudis to join forces with them to finally rid the world of the nation of Israel, would be if some subversive force blows up the Dome of the Rock and the other Islamic mosques on the Temple Mount, but make it look like Israel had a hand in it. The Islamic world would go crazy with fury to exact revenge on the Zionists. I could then see how nations as far away as Libya, Ethopia/Sudan, Iran, Turkey and others with them, would come into Israel to exterminate them.

But, perhaps, the third Temple will be erected in a spot on the Temple Mount not where the first two were erected, but in a position that would allow the Islamic structures to remain (until Christ comes back) and perhaps also, the Saudis will be given the position of being custodians of those buildings also, as part of a globalist agenda to create a false peace with Israel, that would enable the coming prince to eventually declare himself god in his “abomination of desolation” moment in the Temple. Maybe these peace proposals and prior arrangements with Saudis will be the reason that they won't be a part of Ezekiel's prophecy of the land grab and spoiling of Israel.

Obviously, something keeps them out of the attack??
My guess is that they are from a different sect of Islam. The sunni vs Shia do not get along. Iran is primarily of the Shia sect and Saudi Arabia is of the Sunni sect.

SkyRider

My guess is that they are from a different sect of Islam. The sunni vs Shia do not get along. Iran is primarily of the Shia sect and Saudi Arabia is of the Sunni sect.
Right. Not sure what the percentages are, but they believe in Wahibbism(?) and probably have some Sunnis and Shias as part of their fold. Again, don't know the numbers or even the exact differences between them, but they are the custodians of the holy sites, and I would say, the home of the faith and all are required to make Hadj there, again if able. They should be the face of the religion, but they don't get involved in defending it???

Another reason why I tend to believe this all occurs post Rapture, and possibly they have signed a concordant with the antichrist - like Pope Pius XII did with Hitler - and thus Saudi Arabia stays out of it. Why else, besides Israel taking out Iran's nuclear threat. But, then….still?

SkyRider

Just thought of this: maybe Saudi Arabia is needed to get the rest of the Muslims on board with the One World Religion of whoever pope it may be then, after a huge wipeout of the followers of Islam on the mountains of Israel. They could be of extreme importance to get fellow followers of Islam to side with the A/Cs program.

The rest of the the group of mild protestors of the invasion - the “young lions of Tarshish” are probably, at that time, already signed on to the beast system, maybe Saudis Arabia again is needed to coalesce with that group.

Last edited:
Back