Lisa Marie Presley Died Today

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of years ago, Lisa Marie admitted in an interview that starting at around age 45 she started taking opioids and became addicted to them. Not sure if maybe she relapsed and this had anything to do with her death. She didn't look well in some of the recent photos I'd seen of her.

No, she did not look well. I think drugs will be the issue here like it was with Elvis and Michael. Praying for the family. :pray

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I just looked at some pix of her. I can't imagine the life she lived.
I always thought Priscilla was such a beauty. Her face seems frozen now, I guess from plastic surgeries.
I do hope LM was saved.
Priscilla and Lisa Marie were both into Scientology just like Kelly Preston and John Travolta. They were both at the 80th Globe Awards 2 days before. Priscilla was wearing a Gothic dress. They were supporting the actor who just played in a new Elvis movie. I wonder who is getting her inheritance. Her oldest daughter Riley is 31, and her twin daughters are 14. My mom and I saw Elvis at Kemper Arena K.C.Mo in April of 76, and he died in August 77. Also, been to Graceland once in the late 70's or 80's.

Last edited:

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
We really do not know what might take place between Jesus and an unsaved person, immediately before they pass. Jesus might personally minister to them in a vision, giving them one last chance to repent and receive Him as Savior. It’s certainly possible. Especially since we know that He is unwilling that any should perish…

Therefore, I do not make any assumptions about anybody’s salvation or lack thereof…

I believe we will be very happily surprised at who we are going to find at the Marriage Supper…

cheeky200386

We really do not know what might take place between Jesus and an unsaved person, immediately before they pass. Jesus might personally minister to them in a vision, giving them one last chance to repent and receive Him as Savior. It’s certainly possible. Especially since we know that He is unwilling that any should perish…

Therefore, I do not make any assumptions about anybody’s salvation or lack thereof…

I believe we will be very happily surprised at who we are going to find at the Marriage Supper…
I understand the sentiment but I do wonder if it's Biblical. I notice someone always posts this after a known unbeliever dies, like when Stephen Hawkins died too. Someone chimes in and says that they may have gotten saved at the final second before death.

If someone says that sucks they're probably in hell, they get bashed. I don't get it.

It seems hard for us to accept that the majority of people reject salvation. I guess that's the only comfort we can provide the ones left behind, but I worry it takes away the urgency that they get saved themselves.

Umbrella Girl

I understand the sentiment but I do wonder if it's Biblical. I notice someone always posts this after a known unbeliever dies, like when Stephen Hawkins died too. Someone chimes in and says that they may have gotten saved at the final second before death.

If someone says that sucks they're probably in hell, they get bashed. I don't get it.

It seems hard for us to accept that the majority of people reject salvation. I guess that's the only comfort we can provide the ones left behind, but I worry it takes away the urgency that they get saved themselves.
I do not see anything in the Bible that contradicts this Hope…

I believe it is presumptuous to make negative assumptions about another person’s salvation. Only God Himself knows for sure. I am not directing this at you. I am generally speaking here…

Umbrella Girl

I believe that it’s OK to be hopeful. In fact, I believe it honors His great love, mercy, and grace…

Perhaps what might be perceived as “bashing” - is actually a gut-wrenching reaction to hearing another believer say in utter despair: “he or she is probably in Hell right now.”

Hope in Him is a choice. I choose hope…

cheeky200386

I believe that it’s OK to be hopeful. In fact, I believe it honors His great love, mercy, and grace…

Perhaps what might be perceived as “bashing” - is actually a gut-wrenching reaction to hearing another believer say in utter despair: “he or she is probably in Hell right now.”

Hope in Him is a choice. I choose hope…
I don't see it as a despair but as accepting the sad reality that many do reject Jesus. In fact, it doesn't have to cause despair but increase the urgency to keep on sharing the Gospel for those that are still here. I guess we'll have to disagree. I believe it honors God to recognize that many reject him but that it's not too late for those still alive, so let's not forget our main mission while we're here! Doesn't it spur an urgency in you?

I'd rather we accept there is a high likelihood that the unbeliever probably went to hell and use that to fuel an urgency in us, rather than always jumping to the belief that God probably appeared to them at the last possible second so they could be in heaven. With how often I hear that sentiment after an unbeliever dies, I'm starting to believe God must always appears to them at the last second.

I find it quite refreshing when someone just states the Elephant in the Room that they're probably in hell so let's stay focused on our mission. It's a sobering reality but a reality nonetheless. Of course, I can't claim that I know without any doubt an unbeliever is in hell, but come on, I think we can agree it's very likely.

The bashing usually involves the person getting insulted for stating they're most likely in hell. Or it leads into an argument of not judging someone's fruit... It's like we're only ever allowed to state they're probably in heaven, but God forbid we state the opposite. That's just too harsh and "presumptuous."

I don't have anything against you personally. It's sweet to be so hopeful. I just hear this sentiment so often that it's starting to become predictable at this point. Every single time a known Atheist or Unbeliever dies, that comment always shows up.

Last edited:

Umbrella Girl

I don't see it as a despair but as accepting the sad reality that many do reject Jesus. In fact, it doesn't have to cause despair but increase the urgency to keep on sharing the Gospel for those that are still here. I guess we'll have to disagree. I believe it honors God to recognize that many reject him but that it's not too late for those still alive, so let's not forget our main mission while we're here! Doesn't it spur an urgency in you?

I'd rather we accept there is a high likelihood that the unbeliever probably went to hell and use that to fuel an urgency in us, rather than always jumping to the belief that God probably appeared to them at the last possible second so they could be in heaven. With how often I hear that sentiment after an unbeliever dies, I'm starting to believe God must always appears to them at the last second.

I find it quite refreshing when someone just states the Elephant in the Room that they're probably in hell so let's stay focused on our mission. It's a sobering reality but a reality nonetheless. Of course, I can't claim that I know without any doubt an unbeliever is in hell, but come on, I think we can agree it's very likely.

The bashing usually involves the person getting insulted for stating they're most likely in hell. Or it leads into an argument of not judging someone's fruit... It's like we're only ever allowed to state they're probably in heaven, but God forbid we state the opposite. That's just too harsh and "presumptuous."

I don't have anything against you personally. It's sweet to be so hopeful. I just hear this sentiment so often that it's starting to become predictable at this point. Every single time a known Atheist or Unbeliever dies, that comment always shows up.
Yes, although I choose to be hopeful, I do absolutely agree with you about the urgency of sharing the Gospel whenever possible…

Umbrella Girl

It's like we're only ever allowed to state they're probably in heaven
That is a statement I never say - that they are probably in Heaven…

I simply say that we really don’t know for sure. But that I hold out hope that perhaps their heart was not hardened beyond the point of no return, given the choice to turn to Him before that bridge is burned…

However, I do agree with you that we cannot bank on deathbed conversions…

Back