Ukraine question

Kerbluey

Would someone give me the short dummies version of why this such a big deal that almost the whole world is backing Ukraine?? What am I missing that Zelenski, or whatever his name is, is suddenly the biggest bestest mostest amazing and hero-iest hero that ever hero-d in the history of hero-dom?? I almost had to self-medicate to get through the fanfare and brown nosing during his visit to the U.S.

Last edited:

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Todays heroes?

The Iranians who receive death just for calling out injustice

The Russians praying for their sons drug off to die in a senseless war and beat and imprisoned simply for speaking truth.

The teachers willing to go to school despite the bureaucracy, the eviction of God, the embracing of evil, and the loss of the most basic of intelligence that knows boy from girl

We have plenty of Heroes. They are waiting for a merciful God to deliver them from evil. In the mean time:

Micah 6:8
Mankind, He has told you what is good and what it is the Lord requires of you: to act justly, to love faithfulness, and to walk humbly with your God.

YallNeedJesus

I highlighted the entire book of Romans
The west sees Russian aggression as an attempt to retake their old territory that was lost during/after the fall of the Soviet Union (which it probably is). Putin sees the growth of NATO on his borders as a threat to Russia (which it is). Putin chooses to try to squash Ukraine so he can install a puppet who will never try to make Ukraine join NATO (which it currently wants to), using the excuse that he has to liberate oppressed Russians living in Ukraine. The west has to push back so Russia doesn’t get emboldened. Throw in a few WEF people and you get the global community on board with Ukraine

RobinMc

Ukraine is one of the most corrupt governments in the world (but for that matter, so is the US) I think this whole thing is a agenda to accomplish something, and it is not really about Russia vs Ukraine.
I'm praying for the people in Ukraine and Russia, I'm also praying for God to send Jesus to get us.

Joseph The Carpenter

The banksters from Davos (W.E.F) are the government of the world waiting on their leader the AC.
Putin refuses to join their club so he must be removed. They also want the mineral wealth of Russia. It appears to me Putin is doing everything he can to avoid direct engagement with N.A.T.O.
Trump and Bolsonaro were much easier to remove.

Jaybird

The banksters from Davos (W.E.F) are the government of the world waiting on their leader the AC.
Putin refuses to join their club so he must be removed. They also want the mineral wealth of Russia. It appears to me Putin is doing everything he can to avoid direct engagement with N.A.T.O.
Trump and Bolsonaro were much easier to remove.
Totally agree. Putin is a fervent nationalist, not a globalist. In this way he is like Trump and the globalists need Putin removed. Zelensky is a WEF "graduate" and will play ball with the globalists. We know for sure that Ukraine has one of the most corrupt governments. I believe the reason that Biden jumps every time Zelensky asks for money is that he has all the dirt on Hunter and has probably threatened to release this damaging information if he doesn't get what he wants. Don't forget that Hunter "worked" for a Ukrainian gas company. Hmmm?

jayhawkbasketball

I think southern Ukraine will be used as a staging area for the invasion of Israel…at some point. Transport ships through the Black Sea into northern Turkey, then down into Syria, and finally into the Golan Heights. I think Syria and Ukraine have always been about one thing…Israel. I’m not even sure at this point if Putin gives a flip abou Kyiv and the western half of Ukraine. He may never have.

Dan the Elder

I have said for some time now that Zelensky is someone to keep an eye on! Time's "Person of the Year" is now known "globally". He has given speeches everywhere and always emphasizes "global peace"! He is Jewish and a "master manipulator". He is charismatic - a performer, and forceful. If he turns out to be the "Hook in Gog's jaw" he will really be "worshiped". I'm not saying he's the AC, but he's beginning to look like a candidate!! Fortunately we'll not be here if he "confirms a 7 year treaty" with Israel... We are definitely in the "shadow of the seven seals" --- IMHO....
Maranatha, Dan

RonJohnSilver

Todays heroes?

The Iranians who receive death just for calling out injustice

The Russians praying for their sons drug off to die in a senseless war and beat and imprisoned simply for speaking truth.

The teachers willing to go to school despite the bureaucracy, the eviction of God, the embracing of evil, and the loss of the most basic of intelligence that knows boy from girl

We have plenty of Heroes. They are waiting for a merciful God to deliver them from evil. In the mean time:

Micah 6:8
Mankind, He has told you what is good and what it is the Lord requires of you: to act justly, to love faithfulness, and to walk humbly with your God.
Todays heroes?

Young people who have to live as men when they're really women.
People who are called 'sir' or 'miss' when they're really 'them' and 'whatsit'.
People who have to have 'safe spaces' to overcome their flutters when someone disagrees with them.
People who didn't get their hamburger in 30 seconds and didn't shoot the teenage chef.
People who expect sympathy (and money) because of what happened to their ancestors many, many years ago.
People who are traumatized when they (or their child) doesn't get the championship trophy when their team finishes last.
People who ... well, you know.

JimFromOhio

Todays heroes?

People who have to have 'safe spaces' to overcome their flutters when someone disagrees with them.
People who didn't get their hamburger in 30 seconds and didn't shoot the teenage chef.
People who expect sympathy (and money) because of what happened to their ancestors many, many years ago.
People who are traumatized when they (or their child) doesn't get the championship trophy when their team finishes last.
Sadly these are the heroes of some people today.

savmom

Todays heroes?

Just walking around our small AZ town gives me pause these days. The absolute disregard for God & His design is incredibly upsetting & sad! So many believe they are heading in the right direction, or never spare one thought about their eternal home, but both are utterly lost & deceived and that breaks my heart & causes me to pray that much more fervently! I've never felt as hated for being a follower of Jesus as I do now (and I was raised in a cult so being despised was part of my upbringing).

This passage comes to mind daily watching people who fit this description simply standing in line at wmart or going into our dinky post office. Dear Lord come quickly & help me to be a better witness to this lost, hurting, & perverse generation

Romans 1:18-32

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Just walking around our small AZ town gives me pause these days. The absolute disregard for God & His design is incredibly upsetting & sad! So many believe they are heading in the right direction, or never spare one thought about their eternal home, but both are utterly lost & deceived and that breaks my heart & causes me to pray that much more fervently! I've never felt as hated for being a follower of Jesus as I do now (and I was raised in a cult so being despised was part of my upbringing).

This passage comes to mind daily watching people who fit this description simply standing in line at wmart or going into our dinky post office. Dear Lord come quickly & help me to be a better witness to this lost, hurting, & perverse generation

Romans 1:18-32

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them
I hear you friend.

ItIsFinished!

I think southern Ukraine will be used as a staging area for the invasion of Israel…at some point. Transport ships through the Black Sea into northern Turkey, then down into Syria, and finally into the Golan Heights. I think Syria and Ukraine have always been about one thing…Israel. I’m not even sure at this point if Putin gives a flip abou Kyiv and the western half of Ukraine. He may never have.
Very plausible.
Israel is very valuable, Ukraine is just a means to get at her .

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Would someone give me the short dummies version of why this such a big deal that almost the whole world is backing Ukraine?? What am I missing that Zelenski, or whatever his name is, is suddenly the biggest bestest mostest amazing and hero-iest hero that ever hero-d in the history of hero-dom?? I almost had to self-medicate to get through the fanfare and brown nosing during his visit to the U.S.

Short version . . .

TV broadcast video of Russia/USSR invading and destroying Ukraine, especially civilian targets, hospitals, etc., and the atrocities committed by Russian/USSR Soldiers against Ukraine civilians, millions of war refugees, and Russia/USSR not allowing some people to leave, or only leave to go to Russia/USSR. If you look at the early news stories, they all show the same seriously damaged and destroyed apartments, etc. Russia/USSR also stole a lot of Ukrainian grain, and the USSR's deliberate starvation of millions of Ukrainians during 1932-1933 (Holodomor) has not been forgotten. Etc., etc., etc.

Russia/USSR position that NATO and the West was strangling it economically and militarily/geographically containing it (including expansion of NATO and continued refusal to allow the Ruble to be used in international commerce) to keep it contained/controlled. Russia/USSR position of the state Russian Orthodox Church is that the West is immoral, corrupt, and won't stop exporting this and corrupting everyone else. This aligns with the islamic view of the US as the great satan. Not surprising since USSR included islamic republics and Eastern culture when influenced by OC or islam is generally more conservative than here.

NATO/West position that no/endangered freedom in Russia/USSR/Soviet Bloc and Putin trying to resurrect USSR. Regardless of the Wall coming down, official statements, etc., the Cold War, which sometimes gets hot via proxy wars, continues. Especially since Putin is KGB and regardless of official statements, KGB never went away.

Ghoti Ichthus

I'm really wondering if this could be the precursor to Gog/Magog.

I, personally, think we are watching Ezekiel 38 and 39 unfolding in front of our very eyes, and this is Gog-Magog. There is no way Ukraine should have been able to stop Russia/USSR militarily, even with all the help it's getting, without God's intervention.

I know most here disagree with me on this . . .

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Ghoti Ichthus

We saw Alvin York capture a brigade of German infantry in WWI by shooting his way the length of a trench and holding the enemy commander hostage.
Then Paris lit up at night trying to get a wave from Lindbergh. He thought it was a religious festival but learned otherwise when his plane was mobbed at LeBourget Field on a dirt runway. We saw Jimmy Doolittle lead a squad of B-25s from the deck of a carrier to bomb Tokyo (which the Japanese said could not be bombed). We watched Neal Armstrong land on the moon. Ticker tape times.
So who is our (worldly) hero now?
Anthony Fauci?
Tom Brady?
A Chairman of the Joint Chiefs who says he will call his counterpart in China if we plan to launch ICBMs?
Bill Gates?
Enter a Ukrainian who tells Putin where he can put his peace plan. Biden visits Xi and submits himself to wearing the same dinner jacket his Commie buddies wear. He looked like a waiter. Zelensky speaks to Congress wearing his signature camo T shirt. Several Congressmen looked like they were reaching for their wallets.
Finally we have a person who takes billions of dollars worth of our own weaponry and kills Vodka Vlad’s troops. Salut!

When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a professional football or baseball player, or an astronaut :smile

I remember the Moon Landing well :smile

The surviving Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo Astronauts, Cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova, and my Dad are the last of my childhood heroes that are still alive :biggrin At the height of the Cold War, saying positive things about a Cosmonaut was not PC :lol I didn't care . . . Tereshkova showed that women could go into space :hyper

ItIsFinished!

I, personally, think we are watching Ezekiel 38 and 39 unfolding in front of our very eyes, and this is Gog-Magog. There is no way Ukraine should have been able to stop Russia/USSR militarily, even with all the help it's getting, without God's intervention.

I know most here disagree with me on this . . .

:pray :pray :amen :amen
They haven't stopped Russia.
The war is still going on.
Actually , ramping up.

Back