How do you pass the time before the Rapture?

Eph611

I got off Facebook and all social media after the election. I never really posted much anyway but I got tired of people being sensored for talking about election fraud, covid and lock downs, vaccine, origin of covid, masks, Fauci, Hunter Biden lap top and Joe Biden corruption, etc. If you mentioned any of these things with a conservative opinion you were put in Facebook or Twitter jail, or your account was suspended. Since being off social media I don't miss it one bit! I am convinced that satan uses social media to spread his evil lies.
I work in cyber security and have for over 40 years. Retired once, and now I do consulting. "Social media" is a complete scam -- it's nothing but a skimming operation to deprive you of your privacy and profit from whatever information they can derive from your online postings and activities. When it comes to the big social media outfits there's one rule of thumb that will never fail you: if it costs you nothing to join and make postings, you're giving up your privacy in exchange. The most evil company in America? Google. You should exorcise yourself of anything related to them.

Kenny

Just returned Home;
Took a break from our daily (living the dream) life, and went up to Branson Mo. to take in the Christmas lights and festivities. The first night we went to the Theatre and saw one of "Sight And Sound" movies "I Heard The Bells". I didn't really know that much about Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, but was enlightened, depicted back in the 19th Century, Civil War time. Very excellent Movie. Then the 2nd night, we went to a full scale production of "The Miracle Of Christmas", another "Sight And Sound" production, with live actors and live animals and Angels (where we were sitting, got a good view of Gabriel), when he was to deliver his messages. The whole thing was just awesome and would encourage Y'all to go see that. Kenny.

kathymendel

Thank you, Kenny. Deb and I were considering going to see "I Heard the Bells" this coming week, so your take on it has prompted us
to buy our tickets and make it happen.

As to the opening topic............ It's very easy for me to ask God, "Why on earth am I still here?" I'm old, have health issues that have
limited my life as I have always known it, and my energy levels are really, really low. I'm not able to do for God, and serve Him as I did in the past.
However, we have had two sets of guests do back-to-back overnighters at our house over the past three days, and a neighbor who comes over at
regular intervals to sit and visit and get a break from the chaos of her home............. and, all of them have said how they love to come to our home, because it is so peaceful, and we make them feel so pampered and valued as guests. So, I've come to understand that God IS still using me - and Deb - to create a haven for people to come to, and be refreshed......physically, spiritually, and emotionally. It seems such a small thing, but in today's world, so filled with chaos and hatefulness, and stress, it is a big thing!!! It makes me feel better that I am still being used by God in this way, until He comes for us. Guess I won't question Him about it anymore. He can use anyone...........in big or small ways to make a difference for others. I do pray He comes to take His church home soon, tho..........

heisable2

Love working on genealogy and hooking families together when I find them that fit into my family tree. I'm a Russian descent and I've been working on creating memorials on find a grave and finding headstones and obituaries. It's never dull.

I love volunteering and being the Lord's feet, hands and mouth and eyes.

Reading Christian fiction and nonfiction, James Patterson.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I’ve been wanting to order some tracts for a while now but not sure where to put them except for maybe the top of neighborhood mailboxes.
SarahRose, mailboxes are considered federal property, even though the homeowners purchase & install them. You might check on this first, because if they're not allowed, they'll just be thrown away.
"In the United States, mailboxes are considered federal property to protect against mail theft, mail tampering and vandalism. By making mailboxes federal property, the U.S. government can take action against individuals who tamper with or steal mail, as well as individuals who vandalize mailboxes."
www.mailboxesandsigns.com

SarahRose

SarahRose, mailboxes are considered federal property, even though the homeowners purchase & install them. You might check on this first, because if they're not allowed, they'll just be thrown away.
"In the United States, mailboxes are considered federal property to protect against mail theft, mail tampering and vandalism. By making mailboxes federal property, the U.S. government can take action against individuals who tamper with or steal mail, as well as individuals who vandalize mailboxes."
www.mailboxesandsigns.com
Oh bummer. But that’s good to know, thank you @Belle of Grace.

Mochamel

Yes, Andy Woods in particular for me. Also, just now finished listening to the late J. Vernon McGee as he goes through the book of Romans. His voice is comforting to me as he goes through the Scriptures verse by verse, explaining each one. It's like listening to a godly older grandfather teaching me God's Word.
I'm also spending some relaxing time doing a few watercolor greeting cards to send to family members.
The cards sound lovely I would love to see a pic if there’s a way to post pics here?

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
The cards sound lovely I would love to see a pic if there’s a way to post pics here?
Mochamel, I will change my avatar to the next one I paint. I'm preparing to draw & paint carnations for the month of January. As you know, each month has its own flower. The wives of the deacons in our church send birthday cards to the widows each month. In January, I'll be sending two birthday cards for the two widows who have January birthdays. I enjoy the little bit of artwork that I do, as it's relaxing. My current avatar is a picture that I took inside a restaurant in MN. It served as the inspiration for the card I made for our oldest grandson who loves to ride his mountain bike. I drew his bike from a photo I took of his bike when we were visiting our son's family a little over a week ago. It was a joy to do this for him! I recommend this sort of thing as a hobby. Everyone can do the little projects that I do, and YouTube is loaded with tutorials.

Back