Trump makes it official: I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States

cheeky200386

I see I’m on the opposite side of everyone here once again, oh goodness. :oops:

I thought this was the most boring, dry, uninspiring speech Trump has ever given in his life.

He didn’t talk about anything I care about as a voter.

They’ve really beaten him down. I would rather him not run at all than to run on this John McCain-lite. :sad
Where did Trump go.
Me either. I'm over Trump and see it as a potential for the Republican party to split and lose votes. Trump is too devisive. I would rather someone else run that was even better than Trump. He's too boastful and puts his foot in his mouth too often.

cheeky200386

:whoopdeedo Hopefully this will encourage DeSantis to run.

I do not expect Trump to be elected to anything. I know many who vote for him are quite passionate about redirecting this failing nation.

But too many conservatives find him repulsive. I do not expect Trump to win even if its against Obama.

Remember its not about best, its about majority and if killing infants is a sign,
the majority has crossed the summit and the freedom train is going downhill with no brakes.

Pray for an early derailment, else the crash will be horrendous. IMO
Exactly! I think the Media and Trump have pushed too many Republicans away at this point that his running would mean our loss. It's a shame really.

Now if Trump ran with Desantis as his VP, that might be a big difference. Yet, he's decided to start to insulting Desantis like a fool.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
I don’t think it’s good if Trump and DeSantis run at the same time.
I agree, but it will require DeSantis to go beyond normal and show he is the best candidate.

If he can deal with Trump in a mature and professional manner, there is no doubt he can lead this nation.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
He's too boastful and puts his foot in his mouth too often
I really wish that Trump had surrounded himself with actual spirit-filled men. Not like the Paula whites and Kenneth Copeland types who twist scripture. “God is their belly” charlatans. Did him a real disservice. :frown

Part of me just hopes what we’re witnessing is God just wrapping things up in the church age.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
Exactly! I think the Media and Trump have pushed too many Republicans away at this point that his running would mean our loss. It's a shame really.

Now if Trump ran with Desantis as his VP, that might be a big difference. Yet, he's decided to start to insulting Desantis like a fool.
That really bothered me. It was totally uncalled for…

Although I’d like to see Trump at the helm again, I don’t like his arrogance. Definitely needs to be toned way down…

penbrat

Trump is heads and shoulders above any democrat. However, he is not my first choice for president. I appreciate what he accomplished in office but his since childish behavior has made me not a fan at all. If there is a better Republican candidate in the primaries, I would support that candidate. Of course, if Trump is the final nominee, I would support him. However, there is a long way to go until 2024. Until then, continued prayers for all candidates and God's will be done.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
I have a question, if Trump wins he can only serve 4 years right?
Correct. 22nd Amendment was passed in 1951. Can only be elected twice and they do not have to be concurrent 4 year terms.
There could be some odd case where a vise-president took office due to death or impeachment of president and could serve up to 10 years.

Outside of that, the 22nd would need to be repealed or amended itself.

HisGloryIsPrecious

He did seem more sober this time around. He put out an agenda but was short on specifics. It will be interesting to know what God’s will is. It used to be entertaining when the left freaked out over the king of the Oompa Loompas. Now not so much. Too much is at stake.

Andy C

I agree with that to an extent however that doesn’t mean others should let them rule the entire house/senate. Too many run on “fat right” as you say and then squish under pressure. Those need to be weeded out.

I also think a lot of what I’m saying is a pipe dream. I see where we are in such a mess, how could we get out of this moral and sexual depravity? Genies out of the bottle.
No human politician will ever truly fix the mess the world is in, the depravity, and other cesspool issues, but there will come a time, and we both know Who wins in the long run. Until then, politics to me is entertainment, sad, but nevertheless, entertainment.

jab777

There is no way in the world any former president will run as second banana on a presidential ticket. That was proposed in 1980 when Reagan ran and there was talk of taking former President Gerald Ford as a running mate. They couldn’t reach agreement. Donald Trump is not the type to be second banana to anyone especially given the good he accomplished as president.

Dave_97

No human politician will ever truly fix the mess the world is in, the depravity, and other cesspool issues, but there will come a time, and we both know Who wins in the long run. Until then, politics to me is entertainment, sad, but nevertheless, entertainment.
I agree with this specific part you mention Andy. I also want Christians to see this. There is no such thing as cleaning up all the corruption or “draining the swamp”. No politician can do this. Only Christ at his second coming to rule during the millennium.

I understand the eagerness to fight back the evil, and I want to as well. We can all feel the corruption of sin growing by the day, but a political fallen human being can’t solve this. They will only delay the inevitable. I hope as Christians we don’t become cheerleaders for Trump or whoever runs. We vote for whatever conservative candidate with the understanding and faith that Gods will be done. We can only help slow the decay, not fix it.

Last edited:
Back