How Close is the Rapture of the Church?

Stevelw

Watchman
I believe this will happen during the Tribulation, via the 144,000 and the two witnesses. But he's right that we are so very close right now, and never had these kind of means until now.

The Gospel Preached Throughout the World – When asked about the end of the age and the signs of His coming, Jesus said to look for a very specific sign. He said the Gospel will be preached throughout the entire world. Every nation will hear it. And then? And then, the end will come (Matthew 24:14). For centuries after the crucifixion, the Gospel was confined to a small area surrounding the Mediterranean Sea. In the past two centuries, Christians have brought the Gospel to every nation in the world. Today, missionaries are in every nation. The Bible is translated in hundreds of languages, and the message of Jesus is sent around the world by radio, TV, satellite, and the Internet. This generation is on the verge of spreading the Gospel to every last person on earth

The complete fulfillment I believe is finished here:
“And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,” (Rev 14:6)
and then the end will come.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
To use it to say current world events indicate the rapture must happen soon is not quite right. Nothing needs to happen before the rapture takes place…it is imminent and has been since Jesus ascended back to heaven.
That is true. But if we see signs of the tribulation looming....there is that Thanksgiving/Christmas analogy I've heard teachers use....( or was it Halloween and Christmas...the stores put the decorations out so early now it's ridiculous haha)

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
The complete fulfillment I believe is finished here:
“And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,” (Rev 14:6)
and then the end will come.
Thanks for this. yes. I don't understand those who say the gospel must be preached to the whole world before the rapture can happen, when clearly Jesus was taking about **the end* not the rapture. And when I re-read this whole chapter 14, it amazes me once again how much opportunity God gives people, right up until the end. There is even another angel that goes around, and warns people not to take the mark!

PortWen

That is true. But if we see signs of the tribulation looming....there is that Thanksgiving/Christmas analogy I've heard teachers use....( or was it Halloween and Christmas...the stores put the decorations out so early now it's ridiculous haha)
Sure, global events are making it look like the tribulation could be close, so yes in that sense the rapture is nearer than ever. (But we also know that God could restrain it for much longer than we think).

However, I was referring to using the “convergence of signs” as a specific rapture indicator.

”When you see all these things happening”, in context it is referring to the events in the tribulation and the 2nd coming. Sorry if that seems nitpicky…maybe it is…I just prefer to keep things strictly in the context in which they were written. :)

Kenny64

The Coming of the Son of Man​

25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...through-earths-orbit-on-halloween/ar-AA13xUrc
The asteroid, called 2022 RM4, has an estimated diameter of between 1,083 and 2,428 feet (330 and 740 meters) — just under the height of Dubai's 2,716-foot-tall (828 m) Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. It will zoom past our planet at around 52,500 mph (84,500 km/h), or roughly 68 times the speed of sound, according to NASA.

At its closest approach on Nov. 1, the asteroid will come within about 1.43 million miles (2.3 million kilometers) of Earth, around six times the average distance between Earth and the moon. By cosmic standards, this is a very slender margin.

Andy C

While I have enjoyed over the years on this forum reading all the speculation about the rapture, does it really matter when? For me, the more I try and decipher the times were in, then the closer I believe the rapture is, and when it does not happen, total discouragement.

Even a blind man can see we are living in the end times, and the season is upon us. Today, tomorrow, next week, next year, or next decade, the end result is the same. Eternal life with Him, and all the other saints.

Keep your eyes upon Israel, and help others see the Light until the “fullness of Gentiles has come in”.

Maranatha!

Andy C

The Coming of the Son of Man​

25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...through-earths-orbit-on-halloween/ar-AA13xUrc
The asteroid, called 2022 RM4, has an estimated diameter of between 1,083 and 2,428 feet (330 and 740 meters) — just under the height of Dubai's 2,716-foot-tall (828 m) Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. It will zoom past our planet at around 52,500 mph (84,500 km/h), or roughly 68 times the speed of sound, according to NASA.

At its closest approach on Nov. 1, the asteroid will come within about 1.43 million miles (2.3 million kilometers) of Earth, around six times the average distance between Earth and the moon. By cosmic standards, this is a very slender margin.
Please, someone remind me tomorrow to “duck”. :oops:

Hidden

The problem is when people set a date for the rapture. They're setting themselves up for disappointment. Personally, I think the 2020s and 2030s timeframe is going to be interesting, and every year I get excited seeing the exponential increase of the signs. And I want to share that excitement with others, because the rapture is our blessed hope, and a source of encouragement. It's not even yearly, it's almost every day now. The signs of the oncoming tribulation (Israel, world government, lawlessness) are everywhere, and these signs also point to the rapture by correlation. Because if the tribulation draws near, and so does the rapture. And whether the Lord comes tomorrow or ten years from now, that doesn't change the fact that the rapture is very, very close when viewed in the wide span of history.

TrustinHim

I can't imagine that the tribulation period is far off just looking at governments gone rougùe doing things that harm the people and their livelihoods, perversion coming out of the woodwork sanctioned by governments and schools that have gone full throttle corrupting children, it's madness on a global scale

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I have always tended to be a major worry wart about what could be in the future. That's the reason why I love to think about the rapture. Instead of worrying about what could be ahead, I get excited about it. The worrying headlines instead are like road signs "GOING HOME SOON"

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Jan51

I have several Christian friends who are rapture-watchers, and we always laugh when we talk about our plans for the future...The other day I messaged one about my plans for later this winter, then instead of adding the usual caveat, I just wrote IWSH. (get it??!)

Kenny64

I have several Christian friends who are rapture-watchers, and we always laugh when we talk about our plans for the future...The other day I messaged one about my plans for later this winter, then instead of adding the usual caveat, I just wrote IWSH. (get it??!)
NOPE. IDK that one!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The way I understand it, people have free will to either accept or reject God's gift of grace and salvation in Jesus Christ. If someone accepts the gift through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, he or she is saved and God will never forsake him or her. However, God doesn't take away our free will when we come to saving faith. So, even after getting saved, we can still choose to reject God and His incredible gift and lose our salvation. Us rejecting God is not the same as Him forsaking us. It's our choice.

Once saved-always saved is part of Calvinism that says that man does not have free will (irresistible grace for those chosen by God, and no chance of grace by those not chosen). However, we know everyone does have free will, if for no other reason than God put the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden of Eden, gave Adam the proscription not to eat that fruit, warning of consequences of disobeying, and the choice of whether or not to obey.

If God created us for fellowship with Him, the only way there is true fellowship is if we have the choice to fellowship or not. If we do not have free will to choose, we are no different from the angels, who do not have free will. Part of love of God is choosing to fellowship with Him. So we worship Him, partake of Holy Communion, talk and listen to Him in prayer and through His Word (Bible)

Andy C

So, even after getting saved, we can still choose to reject God and His incredible gift and lose our salvation. Us rejecting God is not the same as Him forsaking us. It's our choice.
I did not mean to post this and added a verse to this post which is posted below.

Last edited:

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
The way I understand it, people have free will to either accept or reject God's gift of grace and salvation in Jesus Christ. If someone accepts the gift through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, he or she is saved and God will never forsake him or her. However, God doesn't take away our free will when we come to saving faith. So, even after getting saved, we can still choose to reject God and His incredible gift and lose our salvation. Us rejecting God is not the same as Him forsaking us. It's our choice.

Once saved-always saved is part of Calvinism that says that man does not have free will (irresistible grace for those chosen by God, and no chance of grace by those not chosen). However, we know everyone does have free will, if for no other reason than God put the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden of Eden, gave Adam the proscription not to eat that fruit, warning of consequences of disobeying, and the choice of whether or not to obey.

If God created us for fellowship with Him, the only way there is true fellowship is if we have the choice to fellowship or not. If we do not have free will to choose, we are no different from the angels, who do not have free will. Part of love of God is choosing to fellowship with Him. So we worship Him, partake of Holy Communion, talk and listen to Him in prayer and through His Word (Bible)
If one truly got saved by grace through faith in Christ alone they CANNOT lose their salvation.
OSAS is absolutely NOT in any way , shape, or form in line with the false teaching of Calvinism.
That is a whole different topic of discussion.
Not only does Jesus Christ save the sinner, He sustains the sinner.
Our behavior (sins) after we receive Jesus Christ as our Saviour does not determine whether we retain or lose our salvation.
Jesus saves and sustains .
The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is our security deposit that we will always be saved .
God's grace should not be frustrated in regards to salvation .

Ephesians 1:13-14
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth , the gospel of your salvation : in whom also after that ye believed , ye were sealed with Holy Spirit of promise.
Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

1st. John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe
on the name of the Son of God ; that ye may know that ye have eternal life , and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

God's above Word should settle any misunderstanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ in regards to whether one can lose their salvation.

Andy C

So, even after getting saved, we can still choose to reject God and His incredible gift and lose our salvation. Us rejecting God is not the same as Him forsaking us. It's our choice.
Once we are saved, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit, and nobody can snatch us out of our Fathers hand, not even ourselves .

If what you posted were true, then that would mean God made a mistake by indwelling that person, and has to depart because He did not foresee the change of heart in the saved individual. There is not one example in the New Testament about a saved Christian losing their salvation.

Romans 8

29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Last edited:

Andy C

If one truly got saved by grace through faith in Christ alone they CANNOT lose their salvation.
OSAS is absolutely NOT in any way , shape, or form in line with the false teaching of Calvinism.
That is a whole different topic of discussion.
Not only does Jesus Christ save the sinner, He sustains the sinner.
Our behavior (sins) after we receive Jesus Christ as our Saviour does not determine whether we retain or lose our salvation.
Jesus saves and sustains .
The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is our security deposit that we will always be saved .
God's grace should not be frustrated in regards to salvation .

Ephesians 1:13-14
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth , the gospel of your salvation : in whom also after that ye believed , ye were sealed with Holy Spirit of promise.
Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

1st. John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe
on the name of the Son of God ; that ye may know that ye have eternal life , and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

God's above Word should settle any misunderstanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ in regards to whether one can lose their salvation.
We posted at the same time

Back