Social Security Benefits To Increase 8.7% In 2023

Andy C

bigmoose

A child of the King
I thought it was going to be 10 or 11%.... guess not. I shop at Restaurant Depot, a wholesale restaurant supplier. Last week flour was up 120% over a year ago, canned tomatoes up 58%, Minors chicken/beef base up 220%... huge increases that hit recently. And chicken has finally started it's huge move up. Don't think we will see these prices go down again.

Last edited:

lamonte

Mat 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Jesus tells me through Apostle Paul in Phil 2:5 “to have His mind” and through the Apostle John in 1 John 2:6 “He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.” Jesus trust His heavenly father for His needs so should I.

I love what the Apostle Paul says in Phil 4:11 “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

I am so joyful in my spirit that my hope lies in Jesus “1 Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore, the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

I love what Job said “Job 1:21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”

I pray that I will be Thankful and look at all things as a gift not something I deserve.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I don’t know where you all live ( plan benefits are based by county )and I don’t know if you all have Medicare Advantage plans (part C), If you do, check to see if there’s a plan in your area that helps reduce your part B cost.
Some plans give back as much as $150 of the part B.
We are on a medicare program called SLMB which means Specified-Low Medicare Beneficiary actually pays both of our premiums so we pay nothing. They go by your income.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Mat 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Jesus tells me through Apostle Paul in Phil 2:5 “to have His mind” and through the Apostle John in 1 John 2:6 “He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.” Jesus trust His heavenly father for His needs so should I.

I love what the Apostle Paul says in Phil 4:11 “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

I am so joyful in my spirit that my hope lies in Jesus “1 Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore, the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

I love what Job said “Job 1:21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”

I pray that I will be Thankful and look at all things as a gift not something I deserve.
If one works a 40 hour week , and they receive payment for services rendered , is it a gift?
Or do they deserve to be paid ?

A gift is given . Not earned.
A paycheck is earned.
Many people have paid into SS most of their lives from working.
It isn't a matter if they deserve a payment when they retire or when they qualify for SS.
And they have every right to be concerned whether it goes up or down.
All things are NOT a gift , therefore should not be looked upon as such.

However , being thankful is appropriate.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I don’t know where you all live ( plan benefits are based by county )and I don’t know if you all have Medicare Advantage plans (part C), If you do, check to see if there’s a plan in your area that helps reduce your part B cost.
Some plans give back as much as $150 of the part B.

Be careful and do homework about Part C (Advantage) plans (HMOs), as they seem to deny a lot of stuff, especially when the policyholder gets elderly or has a lot of claims, especially for expensive, chronic stuff, or after admission to a nursing home.

Part F and the right Plan D can result in little or no out-of-pocket expenses except premiums. Except maybe in the donut hole. Sometimes using something like GoodRX (free discount program), Walgreen's annual plan, etc. instead of one's Part D saves $$$ for some prescriptions, and then using the Part D for other prescriptions, can save $$$ whether in or out of the donut hole. Lots of strategies to reduce overall copays, and a lot depends on which specific prescriptions one has. Your local pharmacist can help (a good one, anyway).

Everyone's needs, situation, and location different.

Andy C

Being a Christian definitely has the best retirement plan!

While were still here, and talking about money, here is a link that has the average income per week in the USA, with a state by state break down. The average in the USA is 1,070 dollars a week. I have read a few other articles that list it a little higher, but the below is probably fairly close.

https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/pay-salary/average-salary-in-us

Back