How did you first hear of the Rapture? ❤

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Great stories! I'm struck at how key people in key moments of other's lives had such an impact. Nothing glamorous, just God's children faithfully sharing. :)

I think I may have heard the word Rapture possibly in a sermon or read it in a book.

As a brand new Christian and taking in all I could about God and the bible, I 'happen' to decide to look up the word Rapture. Came across the old RR board, learned a ton of stuff and then migrated here with all you fine folks and learned even more.....still learning.

I had never heard the concept of the Rapture preached at church so it was really different to me.

However, learning about the different prophecies for the World, Israel and the Church has significantly helped me understand the bible so much clearly.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Me too and I can't recall what led me to find RR. I know the year was 2004 because my hubby had just had surgery and the members were very supportive.
I typed in the address bar rapture, and came up with Rapture Ready joined in June 2009 then became active here in 2013, but signed up here in Jan 2010. I checked out this forum and it had better topics so I switched, and have been on here actively since 2013. People will learn a lot on here am thankful for this forum. :bighug

kathymendel

Great stories! I'm struck at how key people in key moments of other's lives had such an impact. Nothing glamorous, just God's children faithfully sharing. :)

I think I may have heard the word Rapture possibly in a sermon or read it in a book.

As a brand new Christian and taking in all I could about God and the bible, I 'happen' to decide to look up the word Rapture. Came across the old RR board, learned a ton of stuff and then migrated here with all you fine folks and learned even more.....still learning.

I had never heard the concept of the Rapture preached at church so it was really different to me.

However, learning about the different prophecies for the World, Israel and the Church has significantly helped me understand the bible so much clearly.
I, too, googled "rapture" in 1998 or 1999 and found the Rapture Ready Forum........... learned so much more there, and am now continuing to learn and grow here at RF........... been waiting for 48 years now since I first heard Hal Lindsey!!! Sooooo ready to go!!!!!

Love His Appearing

I grew up with it. I come from a long line of bible-believing, Jesus-loving, pray-without-ceasing Christians. It has always just been my norm. I can remember my mom in her jammies climbing into bed with us girls at bedtime telling us all about how "we are so there" and how exciting it was to be living in the time of Jesus' return. I am 55. I have been SO BLESSED!!

Hidden

From what I can recall, I think the very first time I've heard about it was when I listened to one my mother's casette tapes that featured a Catholic priest discussing about end times, oddly enough. He was one of those priests that were in the charismatic movements in my country during the 80s and early 90s.

This was right before she became born-again in the mid-90s.

When my aunt and uncle came home to our province to plant a church, she had some books that mentioned the rapture. Also, I remember watching Years of the Beast at church, gave me a fair picture of the rapture and the end times.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
My great grandfather was a pastor who taught on the rapture often. He told me all about Jesus and Him coming back soon when I was probably 3 or 4 years old. My interest was solidified when a friend in middle school let me borrow her family copies of the left behind books. I forget how, but I found the gracethrufaith website and this site in highschool and finally stopped lurking when I was in college.

usoutpost31

From my preteen years. My dad would watch Jack Van Impe's TV show every Sunday before we went to church. I started watching with him. Although I enjoyed church and Sunday school and read the Bible a lot based on what I learned there, I found JVIM program all the more intriguing because he was discussing things I had never heard before, from church. My interest in eschatology only grew from there.

HalfGEEK

The first time was Blondie's big #1 hit from 1980, "Rapture". :hat
Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and drive real far
And drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and it lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercurys and Subarus

LOLOL - I remember listening to this on the radio when I was a kid and my mom saying "What in the world is she talking about???" Such a weird song. I do find it interesting that even back then in a song called "Rapture" which has nothing to do with the biblical Rapture - she starts talking about aliens.

ZAGS

I learned about the rapture from the Left Behind books. I am an avid reader and was looking for a new series to start. A friend at work told me about the Left Behind series and I said I would give the first book a try. I remember she gave me the first book on a Friday. I blew through it on Saturday and couldn't wait until Monday to ask her for the second book. She was astonished that I had finished the first one already and I told her I was a fast reader. She brought me the second book on Tuesday I finished it in a couple of days, (work was interfering with my reading, haha) and by that Friday I had finished the third and was ready for the fourth. Unfortunately she was still reading the fourth book so I decided to travel to a town with a bookstore on Saturday and bought the all eleven books. The twelfth would be released just a few weeks later, and as soon as it hit the shelves I bought it hardback because I was too impatient to wait for the paperback. It took me two weeks total to read the first eleven books.

Back