Catholics praying to Mary and the saints yet still claim to be Christians

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
The Rosary is a purely Roman Catholic thing; it is neither Biblical nor Christian. And if we can be honest, it is a satanically inspired invention. As with most Catholic rituals, practices and doctrines, if we don't find the basis for their teachings in the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God, then it is the enemy who has introduced such heretical beliefs to dupe those who are seeking God to get involved in something that discredits Christ and leads wannabe followers of our Lord off in a myriad of different directions instead of staying on the true path to salvation.

The Rosary is wrong on at least two accounts: it has the ones involved in this false worship praying to someone other than God - in this case, the Catholic version of their "Mary" - and it is nothing more than repeating "vain repetitions" of the same prayer, over and over again, 50 times, 5 decades (or tens), on a complete rosary string. ("Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen") This is repeated 50 times.

Jesus Christ - who as Christians, we are supposed to be following and do what He says - tells us to pray to the Father and to not use vain repetitions. In Matthew 6:6-8 He informs us:

"But you, when you pray, enter into your closet and when you have shut the door, pray to the Father which is in secret, and your Father which sees you in secret, will reward you openly.

But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions, as the heathen do, for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Do not therefore be like them; for your Father knows what things you have need of before you ask him"

Jesus equates the praying of a rosary as a heathen practice! It is not directed to God and it is the same meaningless "prayer" over and over again!

Mary - or their version of her - is not God. She is incapable of hearing or answering prayer. She is not all present, all knowing or all powerful to answer prayer. And yet the devil has millions of Catholics praying to a false entity - the "Queen of Heaven" - in a heathen ritual. The Catholics have a nun on tv who prays this ridiculous mantra on a daily basis to those who want to pray to a false God. The real God abhors this activity. Satan takes great delight in deceiving Catholics the world over in praying to someone who doesn't hear a word of it. And good thing too!

Could you imagine the real Mary having to endure almost 2000 years - or however long this abhorrent activity has been going on - of nonstop "Hail Mary's" bouncing around in her brain, repeatedly, endlessly, never stopping. She'd be like Jim Carrey's character in Bruce Almighty with the endless, nonstop prayers directed at him.

And what kind of a prayer is it anyway? What does it accomplish? Who does it glorify? What repetition petititions are being asked for? Who talks like that to someone? Can you imagine talking to your dad like: "Hey Dad, I love you, can I have 20 bucks. Hey Dad, I love you, can I have 20 bucks. Hey Dad, I love you, can I have 20 bucks".........ad nauseum, 50 times, each day that you want something.

Again, the Rosary is nothing but a tool from the devil. No true Christians should have anything to do with it.
SkyRider, very well explained the rosary reminds me of Pete and Repeat. Have you heard this one Pete was sitting on a tree Pete fell off who was left, and then you Repeat it over and over again. Vain repetition.

SkyRider

SkyRider, very well explained the rosary reminds me of Pete and Repeat. Have you heard this one Pete was sitting on a tree Pete fell off who was left, and then you Repeat it over and over again. Vain repetition.
Yeah, I heard that before. But your mention of Pete reminded me of the peat that they burn in the fireplaces over in Ireland. I am of Irish-Catholic descent and my wife and I lived in Europe for three years while I was flying as a flight engineer for Lufthansa on a three year contract. We took a week long excursion through the Emerald Isle, going clockwise around the country, from B&B to another B&B, as recommended by the previous nights host. Awesome trip! Beautiful land, friendly people and we were blessed with a whole week of sunshine in June of that year, something that is a rarity there because of all the rainfall. Their weather normally is like that of Seattle. But, driving all over the country, the smell of peat burning in chimneys was everywhere. Nice aroma from outside but I hear the inside of houses can get pretty sooty.

Even kissed the Blarney Stone and now I sound like a leprechaun: “ They are magically delicious!”. As I was still a Catholic back then, we even went to a place called Knock, Ireland, where a supposed apparition took place. That was our second such visit to a place like that, after having first visited Fatima in Portugal. Had to include those tidbits of info since we are on the subject.

But Ireland was truly awesome. My wife and I discussed maybe moving there and to see if I could get a job flying for Aer Lingus. Truly beautiful place.

lightofmylife

Yeah, I heard that before. But your mention of Pete reminded me of the peat that they burn in the fireplaces over in Ireland. I am of Irish-Catholic descent and my wife and I lived in Europe for three years while I was flying as a flight engineer for Lufthansa on a three year contract. We took a week long excursion through the Emerald Isle, going clockwise around the country, from B&B to another B&B, as recommended by the previous nights host. Awesome trip! Beautiful land, friendly people and we were blessed with a whole week of sunshine in June of that year, something that is a rarity there because of all the rainfall. Their weather normally is like that of Seattle. But, driving all over the country, the smell of peat burning in chimneys was everywhere. Nice aroma from outside but I hear the inside of houses can get pretty sooty.

Even kissed the Blarney Stone and now I sound like a leprechaun: “ They are magically delicious!”. As I was still a Catholic back then, we even went to a place called Knock, Ireland, where a supposed apparition took place. That was our second such visit to a place like that, after having first visited Fatima in Portugal. Had to include those tidbits of info since we are on the subject.

But Ireland was truly awesome. My wife and I discussed maybe moving there and to see if I could get a job flying for Aer Lingus. Truly beautiful place.
The Pete this little saying is referring to is a bird sitting on a tree named Pete, and the other bird is Repeat as in saying the expression over and over again repetition. I like the smell of wood that burns in a firepit outside, and our lilacs are out now which some are going to be in the house. Different incense also smells good, and I use can sprays around here such as apple cinnamon, lavender & aloe, and magnolia and cherry blossom.

SkyRider

I like the smell of wood that burns in a firepit outside, and our lilacs are out now which some are going to be in the house.
I'm with you on that. My favorite aroma is fresh mountain air and the smell of a campfire. Just love it. A few years back I was hiking and camping out in Death Valley in the early Spring and the smell of fresh growing mesquite permeated the air and it was wonderful.

SkyRider

So, to our former Catholic, now converted brothers and sisters...What happens at mass?
As for the mass, it is the essence or pinnacle of what being a Roman Catholic is all about. It is really a black mass, where the priest has supposed power to change the characteristics and ingredients of a gluten wafer and the wine into the actual body and blood of Jesus Christ, all of His Divinity and all of His Humanity into each and every wafer on the Roman Catholic priest's altar. Everyone given this wafer has to attest to the fact that the wafer is now Jesus, by answering “amen” to the priest's verbal “body of Christ” before the recipient takes it. The mass centers around this rite of transubstantiation - the changing of the elements into the actual body and blood of Christ - and then the re-sacrificing or the re-presenting of Christ,s body in a bloodless sacrifice at each and every mass. Although Jesus said “It is finished” at the cross, in His one time sacrifice of Himself for the forgiveness of sins, Rome in essence says that the sacrifice was not finished and that Jesus needs to be sacrificed repeatedly to cover the sins of the Catholic faithful - even though they still pay a penance for the remission of sins and then time has to be spent in Purgatory still to cover any leftover sins. It is all a scam, a charade. What it does to the Catholic faithful is to hold them in bondage to Rome and the priests, and the need for them to conduct theses masses in the hopes of making it to Heaven one day. Without the mass, and the priests, and the Catholic Church, one is doomed. It is nothing but bondage to their system.

Another caveat: if you purposely miss going to Mass, you have committed a mortal sin. If you now die in that state, without going to confession to tell the priest about this infraction, you go straight to Hell. No Purgatory, but Hell. Rome delineates sin as being either Venial or Mortal. Venial being lesser sins: I cheated on a test, I put a tack on Sister Margaret Mary,s seat in school,…that type of thing. Mortal sins are more serious: not going to Mass, breaking any one of the 10 Commandments, that type of thing.

So, no matter how long that you been a Catholic - were baptized, had your first communion, first confession, been confirmed, attended Mass all of your life, been fully immersed into the Roman Catholic program of salvation - you miss Mass once on a Sunday or Holy Day of Obligation - a whole different thing - because you wanted to watch a Flintstone marathon instead of going to Mass and haven,t seen a priest yet to get absolution for this Mortal sin, you are in danger of Hell fire. It is totally bogus and only entraps their faithful into their bankrupt system.

Again, the Mass is a satanic ritual that denies the sufficiency of Christ's one time sacrifice on the cross. The devil never misses a trick to deny what Jesus has accomplished for those of us who accept His atonement. Unfortunately, for Catholics, they are blind to the truth and have to go through this facade every Sunday.

Jojo4124

RCC has a form of godliness (pretends to follow Jesus) but denies the power thereof.

It KEEPS ppl from salvation in Christ Jesus...ppl are still not encouraged to read the Bible...was forbidden. Cath ppl, by obeying this, and dont read their Bibles, admit what the church leaders give as reason...ppl are too dumb to understand the Bible. Only a pedo priest can interperet it.

This blasphemes the Holy Spirit. It is He Who interperets the Word for believers. The RCC prevents and discourages ppl from going to Jesus, from asking the Holy Spirit to teach them.

Even without all the demonic rituals, many taken from the pagans, (praying to dead ppl, prayer beads, etc) the RCC is a wolf pretending to be the true church. If ya prevent ppl from reading the Bible....they'll never find out that it is an unbiblical entity.

The chief wolf, pope, who is supposed to be infallable...ppl still believe this lie...has said things like having a relationship with Jesus is dangerous....for him, I am sure...etc

If ppl dont question leaders, churches, what they teach in school, get second opinions medically, etc....then My ppl perish for lack of knowledge.

Sadly, many RCC members may find themselves in hell, thinking that they are in temporary purgatory...hoping the wealth they left behind to pay for masses for their soul will ger them out of purgatory sooner than later.

No one at the judgement will have an excuse. God gave us brains to research with. When we ask Him for truth, He WILL show us. BUT we have to seek him...then He gives us wisdom. Jer 33:3, Jer 29

SkyRider

So, to our former Catholic, now converted brothers and sisters... when a person confesses to a priest, what happens? The priest say, OK, you're good to go or something?
Confession of sins to a priest by an adherent of the Roman Catholic faith is one of their sacraments required to hopefully attain salvation. They have seven such sacraments:

Baptism or Christening - performed on an infant, when they are approximately a week old. The infant has stand-ins, or proxies, of "Godparents", who supposedly will ensure that the infant will grow up in the Catholic faith, if the parents neglect to do so or are no longer capable of rearing the child. Progression (indoctrination) into being a Catholic must be performed.

First Confession - usually performed around the age of 8, 9, 10 - somewhere around there. I was going to Catholic grade school then and was taught by the nuns to prepare for it.

First Communion - about the same age. Had to do the First Confession first, to be holy enough to accept the "Body of Christ" in the form of a wafer. Not a symbol of His Body, mind you, as scripture lays out this remembrance service of what Christ did for us, but the real body of Christ as Rome contends.

Confirmation - usually a few years later, to confirm that we are still basically trusting in Rome's plan of salvation and are not being pulled away by scriptural truth or outside/worldly forces that may draw us away from following the dictates of the papacy.

Holy Orders - if one elects to become a priest in the Roman system, then this sacrament is for you. Usually completed upon being an ordained priest.

Marriage - obviously accomplished in the Catholic church when a MAN and a WOMAN - nothing else, no deviations from that so far -come together in Holy Matrimony. The only ridiculous thing that I can think of regarding matrimony in Catholicism is if the two parties eventually want to split up and divorce each other from their vows, that the Catholic Church, through the local parish Bishop, I think, can petition for an annulment of the marriage. Which means, no matter how many years that you stayed together nor how many children came out of this marriage, that if you pay enough into the local Catholic coffers to this Bishop, he has the power to say that the marriage was never valid or never took place - even if married in a Catholic Church by a Catholic priest. It is totally nonsensical! There may be kids still after this ruling - maybe they are bastard children now, I don't know, but in the eyes of the Church, the marriage never took place. Totally bogus! But money talks. Never mind what God says about the two becoming one flesh or what God has brought together, let no man put asunder. We all know that Rome has the power and the audacity to trump and overrule God.

Extreme Unction or the Last Rites (as I think they call it now) - is when the priest comes in to administer his last blessings to a near death church member. Maybe they try to lessen the time that is going to be spent in Purgatory for the person - I don't know. I don't think that anybody ever qualifies for a direct entry into Heaven - not even a pope - because everybody has some left over sins, in their theology. Sorry Jesus - you came up short, according to Rome. Good thing we have the popes to keep us straight. But, they can't even offer assurance that one is saved or that even time in Purgatory will ensure that you make into Heaven. To claim one is going to Heaven, without a doubt, in their teachings, you have committed the sin of presumption. Even after a whole lifetime of being a faithful Catholic - baptism, confession, taking the Jesus Eucharist into yourself, being confirmed, being married in their church, Holy Orders if you became a priest, Last Rites from a Catholic priest, went to Mass every Sunday and Holy day of obligation, did the Stations of the Cross, prayed to "Mary" religiously, even wore a scapular with her image on it to lessen one'[s time in Purgatory - after ALL of that, to claim that you are saved and going to Heaven - you have committed the sin of Presumption. You can never claim that you have assurance of ever going to Heaven. It is a complete, bogus, bankrupted system of salvation. Who would want to embrace ANY of that!?!?!

Jojo4124

I had to have a Bible when I was in high school and even though I had a period of religion every year the Bible seemed to stay in my locker all the time. I never had a Bible until I was about 30 when I became born again.

I had started this question about praying to marry because several of my friends are Roman Catholic and they appear to be very sincere about their beliefs but yet they are diehards and praying to mother Mary before they pray to God.

I can remember in school when the nuns would tell us to pray to Jesus but then Jesus would look to Mary to see if she approved the prayer or not and she would not and Jesus would answer the prayer. That is such a bunch of bunk and a lie from hell.

Another thing is that they believe in praying to some of these saints like Saint Anthony and St Christopher. And the migrants that come across the border wear some sort of medallion with Mary on it thinking at Mary's going to help them cross the border.

All I can say is good riddance I am so glad I am rid of that church. Thank you to all who answered my question. I agree with everything that you said. It is just been happening lately that some of my acquaintances are Catholic and they don't believe the way I do. Sort of sad. The Pope is a putz.
Yes they are sincere in praying to dead ppl, and that makes it even more sad. Buddhists arw sincere in their practices, too. So are satanists, etc. So sad they refuse to seek God...

If you seek Me, you will find Me, if you search for me with all your heart...Jer 29

SkyRider

Confession itself is the requirement to go before a Catholic priest, in a confessional box - and you are usually separated from the priest by a thin veil type barrier with perforations so that you can almost see the person sitting next to you (well, the priest is seated, the confessor is kneeling before this priest on his side of the confessional) [just thought of this - maybe the perforated veil between the priest and confessor is supposed to be like the veil that separated the Holy of Holies from the rest of the Temple, and where only the Jewish High Priest, once a year, would enter in before the Lord. The priest is sort of acting like God in this Confession rite, where he absolves the confessor of their sins upon being issued penance. Afterall, as Scripture teaches "Who can forgive sins, but God alone?"].

This was normally done on Saturdays, the day before going to Mass. You would wait your turn outside the confessional booth, for the person who was presently in there to come out, then you would enter and kneel on the kneeler, facing the thin curtain and wait for the priest to open up the shade. The confession booth was constructed in such a way to have the priest in the middle of this box, with separate booths on either side of him. While you waited for the shade to open up, another person on the other side was confessing his sins.

When the shade opened up, the confessor would state: "Bless me "Father", for I have sinned. It has been so may weeks or years since my last confession" and then you would continue with your litany of sins. They were usually the same sins that you would repeat over and over again, and when as a child, especially if it is your first time, it was usually pretty minor stuff. After you concluded your list, you would end it by saying "For these and for all my sins, I am truly sorry.

The priest then would usually give a small spiel about how wrong it was to offend God by these infractions, then would give you a "penance" to perform, to cover the grievousness of these offenses: usually, a few Our Fathers, a few Hail Mary's (because you know you sinned against the "Blessed Mother" too [insert eyeroll here]. Then, he used to say a prayer in Latin under his breath, make the sign of the cross, absolve you of your sins, and conclude it by saying something like "Go and sin no more". "Thank you "Father" and then off you went. Used to just stay inside the church and do my penance immediately.

It is obviously wrong on a few accounts. First, Rome should not be burdening these usually young priests to hear of all the other parishioners faults. They got problems of their own, their own sins, their own shortcomings. Why have to listen to all the sins of the whole church every week and usually the same thing over and over again, ad nauseum? We are to confess our sins directly to the Lord and He assures us that He will forgive us of our sins. "As far as the East is from the West, He will remove our sins from us and remember them no more."

If we are truly saved by Christ because of His horrible death on the cross, He has paid our penalty in full. How can we add to what He has done? Did Jesus come up short so that we have to pay for some new sins? No, His death covered them all. The same with false doctrine of Purgatory. It would only be needed if the crucifixion of Christ was inadequate. Rome is really calling God a liar here, that He can't be trusted for His finished work on the cross, and that another means to satisfy God's wrath for our sins must be accomplished. There can be no doubt that they denying Christ and have their own plans of salvation.

So, the whole confession thing is just another rote exercise that the faithful have to go through to appease the papacy's false teachings. They used to insist on weekly confessions, but I would guess that most go on a far less frequent schedule. You are really supposed to go before receiving the Eucharist, but I don't think that most do that, but they do religiously receive the host every Sunday.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
RCC accepts their own perpetrated lies/rules and traditions as the only way to God, when Jesus came in the flesh he was the Way the Truth and the Life, they(RCC) are as blinded as the Jews were from Jesus days on earth, he was living among them and they rejected him for their own beliefs, well those beliefs are leading them to eternal ruin.

lightofmylife

RCC accepts their own perpetrated lies/rules and traditions as the only way to God, when Jesus came in the flesh he was the Way the Truth and the Life, they(RCC) are as blinded as the Jews were from Jesus days on earth, he was living among them and they rejected him for their own beliefs, well those beliefs are leading them to eternal ruin.
They even consider themselves to be the Universal Church. That sure sounds like :diablo pride to me. In heaven you are not there because of your particular denomination. It all depends on have you been born again accepted the gift of salvation. :fish

heisable2

The Rosary is a purely Roman Catholic thing; it is neither Biblical nor Christian. And if we can be honest, it is a satanically inspired invention. As with most Catholic rituals, practices and doctrines, if we don't find the basis for their teachings in the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God, then it is the enemy who has introduced such heretical beliefs to dupe those who are seeking God to get involved in something that discredits Christ and leads wannabe followers of our Lord off in a myriad of different directions instead of staying on the true path to salvation.

The Rosary is wrong on at least two accounts: it has the ones involved in this false worship praying to someone other than God - in this case, the Catholic version of their "Mary" - and it is nothing more than repeating "vain repetitions" of the same prayer, over and over again, 50 times, 5 decades (or tens), on a complete rosary string. ("Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen") This is repeated 50 times.

Jesus Christ - who as Christians, we are supposed to be following and do what He says - tells us to pray to the Father and to not use vain repetitions. In Matthew 6:6-8 He informs us:

"But you, when you pray, enter into your closet and when you have shut the door, pray to the Father which is in secret, and your Father which sees you in secret, will reward you openly.

But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions, as the heathen do, for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Do not therefore be like them; for your Father knows what things you have need of before you ask him"

Jesus equates the praying of a rosary as a heathen practice! It is not directed to God and it is the same meaningless "prayer" over and over again!

Mary - or their version of her - is not God. She is incapable of hearing or answering prayer. She is not all present, all knowing or all powerful to answer prayer. And yet the devil has millions of Catholics praying to a false entity - the "Queen of Heaven" - in a heathen ritual. The Catholics have a nun on tv who prays this ridiculous mantra on a daily basis to those who want to pray to a false God. The real God abhors this activity. Satan takes great delight in deceiving Catholics the world over in praying to someone who doesn't hear a word of it. And good thing too!

Could you imagine the real Mary having to endure almost 2000 years - or however long this abhorrent activity has been going on - of nonstop "Hail Mary's" bouncing around in her brain, repeatedly, endlessly, never stopping. She'd be like Jim Carrey's character in Bruce Almighty with the endless, nonstop prayers directed at him.

And what kind of a prayer is it anyway? What does it accomplish? Who does it glorify? What repetition petititions are being asked for? Who talks like that to someone? Can you imagine talking to your dad like: "Hey Dad, I love you, can I have 20 bucks. Hey Dad, I love you, can I have 20 bucks. Hey Dad, I love you, can I have 20 bucks".........ad nauseum, 50 times, each day that you want something.

Again, the Rosary is nothing but a tool from the devil. No true Christians should have anything to do with it.
After retiring from the school district I decided to substitute teach at the local Catholic School. I wasn't sure how it was going to work since I was no longer catholic. The lady in the office told me that in each classroom they had a bunch of rosaries to give to students when they acted up. I never followed through with that because I don't believe in the rosary anymore.

But the best part of teaching there was the one day I had a chance to witness to a student who asked me about how to get to heaven. I told her about salvation. Looks like she heard this for the first time.

Jojo4124

After retiring from the school district I decided to substitute teach at the local Catholic School. I wasn't sure how it was going to work since I was no longer catholic. The lady in the office told me that in each classroom they had a bunch of rosaries to give to students when they acted up. I never followed through with that because I don't believe in the rosary anymore.

But the best part of teaching there was the one day I had a chance to witness to a student who asked me about how to get to heaven. I told her about salvation. Looks like she heard this for the first time.
A lot of Catholic practices were copied from pagan practices...prayer beads (rosary), certain holiday practices, necromancy...talking to, praying to n for the dead, worshipping dead 'saints'/idols with statues n special holidays, incense, etc. Saints that are cannonized are so based on their good works more than on a relationship with Jesus...ppl dont like to hear this but many Christmas n "Easter" traditions are based on pagan worship practices...and most protestant, nondenom churches etc still follow things that came from the Catholic church...and Christians get angry at ppl who point these things out because we have good memories with these things. A Christmas tree for example...Personally I love them n see it as a celebration of Christmas but it is a pagan worship practice in origin for example...

Jaybird

The Catholic Church is a huge mission field, but a very hard nut to crack like most cults. The cults are very good at isolating themselves and they start their brainwashing at very young ages. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic primary and secondary schools. When I look back at it I can't believe I swallowed all of their doctrines, but if this is the only thing you are taught then how do you know it's wrong? Would you believe that your parents are purposely trying to deceive you by keeping you in the Church. The RCC does not encourage anyone to read the Bible. They throw in some Biblical truth every know and then to sound legitimate, but they absolutely do not follow the Bible. Look at their history. They actually forbade people from reading the Bible claiming it could only be interpreted by the clergy. Why? What were they afraid of? Perhaps people learning the truth! The first English translation of the Bible was by William Tyndale in the 1500's. The RCC forbade this translation (it was heretical) and burned Tyndale at the stake. Catholics tend to ignore Church history, but they sure have a lot of evil doings (the inquisition, wars, etc.). The RCC is all about keeping people in bondage. As UntilTheWholeWorldHears stated above the RCC is Satan's masterpiece!

heisable2

The Catholic Church is a huge mission field, but a very hard nut to crack like most cults. The cults are very good at isolating themselves and they start their brainwashing at very young ages. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic primary and secondary schools. When I look back at it I can't believe I swallowed all of their doctrines, but if this is the only thing you are taught then how do you know it's wrong? Would you believe that your parents are purposely trying to deceive you by keeping you in the Church. The RCC does not encourage anyone to read the Bible. They throw in some Biblical truth every know and then to sound legitimate, but they absolutely do not follow the Bible. Look at their history. They actually forbade people from reading the Bible claiming it could only be interpreted by the clergy. Why? What were they afraid of? Perhaps people learning the truth! The first English translation of the Bible was by William Tyndale in the 1500's. The RCC forbade this translation (it was heretical) and burned Tyndale at the stake. Catholics tend to ignore Church history, but they sure have a lot of evil doings (the inquisition, wars, etc.). The RCC is all about keeping people in bondage. As UntilTheWholeWorldHears stated above the RCC is Satan's masterpiece!
Nicely said. I went 12 years to Catholic School. After accepting Christ I am free from their teachings. Thank God I am free. I am free indeed.

Back