GOP Rep. Newhouse: Time to Prevent China from Gaining a Foothold in Our Domestic Food Production

Lovin Jesus

Tuesday on FNC’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Rep. Dan Newhouse (R-WA) warned against China buying up farmland in the United States, which could lead to the adversarial Asian superpower gaining a foothold in U.S. food production.

“Well, first of all, thank you for having me, Tucker, and thank you for shedding some light on something that I think is very, very important for our country to discuss,” he said. “And a lot of people aren’t don’t know about it and aren’t talking about it. So this is really important, and I appreciate that. And what can be done? Well, there are several things that we can be done. We’ve done some things actually in this Congress that just passed in the latest appropriations bill to tell the USDA to come back to us with a report telling us about foreign ownership of agricultural lands in this country by adversaries. Certainly, China is one of those.”

“China is a threat to our country,” Newhouse continued. “Unfortunately, and you’ve been talking about a lot of different things tonight, the Biden administration is hurting the U.S. by their policies, and they’re actually helping China, and I’ve got legislation that I think will go a long ways to stopping China from starting an agricultural monopoly in the United States of America. I want to preclude the Communist Chinese government from purchasing agricultural assets in the United States of America.”

The Washington State Republican lawmaker touted legislation, which he said was a “preemptive” measure to prevent China from gaining that foothold.

More
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...g-a-foothold-in-our-domestic-food-production/

ChildofLight

Tuesday on FNC’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Rep. Dan Newhouse (R-WA) warned against China buying up farmland in the United States, which could lead to the adversarial Asian superpower gaining a foothold in U.S. food production.

“Well, first of all, thank you for having me, Tucker, and thank you for shedding some light on something that I think is very, very important for our country to discuss,” he said. “And a lot of people aren’t don’t know about it and aren’t talking about it. So this is really important, and I appreciate that. And what can be done? Well, there are several things that we can be done. We’ve done some things actually in this Congress that just passed in the latest appropriations bill to tell the USDA to come back to us with a report telling us about foreign ownership of agricultural lands in this country by adversaries. Certainly, China is one of those.”

“China is a threat to our country,” Newhouse continued. “Unfortunately, and you’ve been talking about a lot of different things tonight, the Biden administration is hurting the U.S. by their policies, and they’re actually helping China, and I’ve got legislation that I think will go a long ways to stopping China from starting an agricultural monopoly in the United States of America. I want to preclude the Communist Chinese government from purchasing agricultural assets in the United States of America.”

The Washington State Republican lawmaker touted legislation, which he said was a “preemptive” measure to prevent China from gaining that foothold.

More
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...g-a-foothold-in-our-domestic-food-production/
Ya think?
They wait till the coyote is in the hen house and has eaten half the hens.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Foreign countries, investors, individuals, etc. should never be allowed to own/control/invest in/finance/etc. farms, farmland, timberland, fisheries, hatcheries, mines, etc. The land and water are part of the sovereign territory of the United States or various First Nations/Tribes/Bands :tappingfoot
There is a huge conflict of interest in the event of famine and/or high prices and/or low prices and/or tariffs. It's a huge strategic issue.

And . . . family-owned farms, ranches, farmettes, ranchettes, fisheries, hatcheries, mines, etc. should never go out of business because of the huge leverage/unfair advantage/abuses (including environmental) of foreign-owned and corporate/similar owned farms, mines, etc. :tappingfoot

Time to "nationalize" the foreign-owned lands and return them to U.S. citizen ownership and control :tappingfoot

Enough is enough, already!

:pray :pray :amen :amen

PS; This also goes for any other country's sovereign territory.

cheeky200386

Foreign countries, investors, individuals, etc. should never be allowed to own/control/invest in/finance/etc. farms, farmland, timberland, fisheries, hatcheries, mines, etc. The land and water are part of the sovereign territory of the United States or various First Nations/Tribes/Bands :tappingfoot
There is a huge conflict of interest in the event of famine and/or high prices and/or low prices and/or tariffs. It's a huge strategic issue.

And . . . family-owned farms, ranches, farmettes, ranchettes, fisheries, hatcheries, mines, etc. should never go out of business because of the huge leverage/unfair advantage/abuses (including environmental) of foreign-owned and corporate/similar owned farms, mines, etc. :tappingfoot

Time to "nationalize" the foreign-owned lands and return them to U.S. citizen ownership and control :tappingfoot

Enough is enough, already!

:pray :pray :amen :amen

PS; This also goes for any other country's sovereign territory.
I completely agree. Extremely dangerous to allow foreign investors to buy up land. It should be only available for the citizens of that nation.

katt

I care more for the soul and life of this man than I do the stabilization of the country, his safety is always in my prayers.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

China already has a foothold in US food production. They wholly own Smithfield Foods, the largest pork production and processing operation in the US.

Back