The 7 Feasts

Kaatje

My soul waits for the Lord, and in His Word I hope
Regarding the Feasts of the Lord, I came across this intruiging explanation:

Passover, Unleavened Bread and Firstfruits are fullfilled by our Lord Jesus.
Shavuot is now, in the present, and will remain until the Restrainer leaves.
The Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Feast of Tabernacles are to come.
And the eternal Sabbath at the end of the ages.

What dou y’all think, is this correct?

josiah7

Don't know if it's correct Kaatje but I believe Our Father in Heaven set these feast days for a reason. I have read many articles and did some studies on the feast days in scripture and have arrived at the conclusion we should be paying more attention to Our Fathers Feasts Days and less to mans holidays. The more I read the scriptures the more I believe that there is a definite connection there, just not sure what or when.

In answer to your question, Is this correct? Not sure, but I am believe we should be paying attention.

Thanks Kaatje for your post, it is an interesting subject.

greg64

Well, the church age did start at Pentecost, so maybe it's still ongoing -- hadn't thought of it that way. A while back I ran across a minority view that argued for Trumpets and Atonement representing the Church age (spreading the Gospel -- be reconciled to God through Jesus now), and had Tabernacles representing the events to come. Most probably regard complete fulfillment of all the fall feasts as yet to come. While they were given to Israel, the Bible does say that all nations will keep the Feast of Tabernacles during the Millennium, and with Christ fulfilling them, I'd argue they do apply to us, even if we don't keep them as such and definitely don't set our watch by them. The way things are going, we may not have long to wait to find out what the correct fulfillment of each one is -- I just know all are complete in Jesus one way or another.

Batfan7

I have to say I've thought that the Church would be better off celebrating Biblical Feasts than the secular ones we do celebrate. Feasts of the Lord are so rich in meaning and we miss out on that since so few pastors ever mention them (I don't recall ever hearing a sermon on anything except Passover)

Kaatje

While further studying on the subject, I came across some interesting details, I never noticed before:

Noah escaped the Flood in spring
Gen. 7:11: In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month,
the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

The 17th day of the 2nd month is First Fruits or Second Passover.

Lot was saved from Sodom in spring
Luke 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

They planted, spring is the main planting season.

And Lot baked unleavened bread for the angels
Gen. 19:3: And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house;
and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

The Feast of unleavened Bread is in the spring.

Our Lord Jesus left the earth in spring
Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: --- 9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Maybe even Tribulation starts in spring
Rev. 6:13: And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs,
when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Untimely or unripe figs are found in the spring.

Now, we know that when the Jews rejected their Messiah (also in springtime), God started to call the heathens, and when their fullness has gone in God will return to His beloved firstborn.

Romans 11:25: For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Now, I want to be very careful here, and I’m not setting any dates or anything, but it seems to me that it would be logic, that God picks up with Israel again, in spring too.

What do y’all think?

RonJohnSilver

Be careful. Remember that the feasts were for Israel, not the church. Many have erred because they assign NT meanings to OT events. Especially the rapture. That (rapture), they say, is represented by Pentecost (some say the feast of Booths) however, what is overlooked, is that assigning of any day, ANY day, ANY year to the rapture destroys the doctrine of imminency. There may be, and likely are, meanings attached for the festivals, however, I believe they either would apply only to Israel or possibly to a time which would be post-rapture. They do not, cannot refer to the Rapture event itself.

Batfan7

Interesting look at spring time as a possibility. Although I suppose harvest time could also be argued (working in the fields?).

I disagree that the Feasts are exclusive to Israel. Pentacost is clearly the birth of the church. You can argue that Rapture may or may not be on a Feast, but to say that all Feasts are for Israel is just silly. Is Jesus crucifixion (Passover) just for Israel? I think not.

WaitingForTheTrumpet

Regarding the Feasts of the Lord, I came across this intruiging explanation:

Passover, Unleavened Bread and Firstfruits are fullfilled by our Lord Jesus.
Shavuot is now, in the present, and will remain until the Restrainer leaves.
The Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, and Feast of Tabernacles are to come.
And the eternal Sabbath at the end of the ages.

What dou y’all think, is this correct?
Shavuot is another name for Pentecost. And yes, I do believe that's right...because the last 3 are supposed to be in Israel after the Tribulation.....I think. Could be wrong, though.

Trudy

:nod
Our GOD is an awesome GOD!
His timing is always perfect!

Galatians 4:4
But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, having been born of a woman, having been born under the Law,
Luke 4:16-21
And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and according to His custom, He entered into the synagogue on the day of the Sabbaths, and stood up to read.And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to Him, and having unrolled the scroll, He found the place where it was written:
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because of which He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim deliverance to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth in deliverance the oppressed,to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
And having rolled up the scroll, having delivered it to the attendant, He sat down, and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed upon Him.
And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

The Lord Jesus fulfilled this prophesy right in the beginning of His ministry.
The Jubelee year is proclaimed on Yom Kipur,the 10th Day on the 7th Month!
We have to think in a circular way when it comes to prophesies.
They often have more than one fulfillment!

DanLMP

God is a God of order and numbers. It does not seem that He does things randomly.

So, understanding that, will future events happen on any one of 365 days or will they happen on days that have specific meaning, whether they happen to the Church or to Israel? Realizing that we may not know or understand what specific meaning that particular day has.

I think I understand the concept of imminence but I have a hard time accepting that imminence overrides God's orderliness. And everytime I hear the concept of imminence raised it seems it's made in defense of the idea of any one of 365 days, though it's not usually stated directly.

I have a hard time getting past my understanding of God's character of order to conclude I should expect something to happen on any random day.

Does anyone know of any teachings that speak to this issue? I know that Jack Kelley always taught that our departure is a number specific event, when the fullness of the Gentiles is complete. That would seem to satisfy God's apparent character.

This has been a question banging around in my head for awhile now but didn't feel comfortable raising it because of board rules. But maybe the question needs to be raised so that we at least come to a better understanding of God's character.

If not, admin's, scratch this post. I'm okay with that. I think I'll even self report myself to give them a heads up.

Comments?

Batfan7

My understanding of the teaching of imminence was not so much that it has to happen at random, but rather that nothing is required to happen first. So the doctrine would say that the Ezek war may happen before Rapture, but it isn't necessary.

greg64

I've thought of that too, Dan. The conclusion I've come to is that the number may well be reached on a date the Father has determined, in fact I'd be surprised if it isn't -- there's just too much precedent for Him doing things precisely as you note. But... of course it's not up to us to pretend we know when that is -- we just get to know the general season, what the world will look like, etc. So... practically speaking, it could be any day and that's how we should look at it, even if it winds up being a specific date.

Put another way, I've thought about it like this... on any given day it may feel like it's a .5% chance (or whatever number you want to use) of today being "the day". In reality, it's either 0% or 100%, but we have no way of knowing which until after the fact.

In my opinion, it's imminent because nothing else needs to happen first and also because there's no way we'll know exactly when ahead of time. Romans 11:25 does indeed make the fullness of the Gentiles a number driven event. Got to believe we're getting close to that number (and date) by looking at what's going on in both the world and with Israel, which will then become the focus per that verse and so many others.

Kaatje

God is a God of order and numbers. It does not seem that He does things randomly.

So, understanding that, will future events happen on any one of 365 days or will they happen on days that have specific meaning, whether they happen to the Church or to Israel? Realizing that we may not know or understand what specific meaning that particular day has.

I think I understand the concept of imminence but I have a hard time accepting that imminence overrides God's orderliness. And everytime I hear the concept of imminence raised it seems it's made in defense of the idea of any one of 365 days, though it's not usually stated directly.

I have a hard time getting past my understanding of God's character of order to conclude I should expect something to happen on any random day.

Does anyone know of any teachings that speak to this issue? I know that Jack Kelley always taught that our

This has been a question banging around in my head for awhile now

I agree with you, Dan, it is my question also.
Gods’ plans are always very precise, nothing is random.
For instance, the distruction of both the first and the second Temple happened
on the very same day on the Jewish calendar (the Ninth of Av)
Also, the Passion of Christ followed the exact dates of the Jewish Spring Feasts.
So imho, that will happen too with the Fall Feasts. They will be fullfilled too, on their specific dates.

But for the Rapture I can’t find any “clues” in the Bible as to when that will occur.
Maybe in spring, because Jesus left earth in that time and will maybe return in the same season.
Maybe in the autumn, to kickstart the Fall Feasts.
Or maybe it will be today or tomorrow, in hindsight we’ll know.
For now we have to keep our heads up and await Gods’ perfect time.

mattfivefour

Does anyone know of any teachings that speak to this issue? I know that Jack Kelley always taught that our departure is a number specific event, when the fullness of the Gentiles is complete. That would seem to satisfy God's apparent character.

This has been a question banging around in my head for awhile now but didn't feel comfortable raising it because of board rules. But maybe the question needs to be raised so that we at least come to a better understanding of God's character.

If not, admin's, scratch this post. I'm okay with that. I think I'll even self report myself to give them a heads up.

Comments?
Chris can weigh in as he has time, but I don't have a problem with this.

DanLMP

But for the Rapture I can’t find any “clues” in the Bible as to when that will occur.
Maybe in spring, because Jesus left earth in that time and will maybe return in the same season.
Maybe in the autumn, to kickstart the Fall Feasts.
Or maybe it will be today or tomorrow, in hindsight we’ll know.
For now we have to keep our heads up and await Gods’ perfect time.

And the "clues" issue is important in some way too I think.

We are not told of the dates of specific events that have already occured. Their is nothing in scripture that I know of that nails down the exact day on the Jewish calendar of when Jesus was born, for instance. Yet my gut is telling me that He was born intentionally on a very specific day. Not any day out of 360 or 365. Why aren't we told? You would think that might be a significant piece of information. Yet people have been speculating on that date for a long time. Maybe it's the same reason we are not given clues about future events. (I have previously speculated it's for the reason of operational security. Not letting the enemy know your moves.)

I am not trying to nail down which day anything could occur. I am just trying to nail down whether future events will happen on random days or on days of preestablished significance. Unfortunately deciding the later tends to make the mind drift towards wondering which day of preestablished significance, and I don't know what to do with that problem but don't think it justifies ignoring the question.

Regarding the expectation of something happening on every day, I am not personally built to be able to sustain that level of expectation. Many are and do, but I'm not and can't.

But I do keep my nose to the ground so that I have a better feel for the season. And every now and then I make a big sigh and say "This can't last forever. We've got to get out of here sometime".

Last edited:

Batfan7

We are not told of the dates of specific events that have already occured. Their is nothing in scripture that I know of that nails down the exact day on the Jewish calendar of when Jesus was born, for instance. Yet my gut is telling me that He was born intentionally on a very specific day. Not any day out of 360 or 365. Why aren't we told? You would think that might be a significant piece of information. Yet people have been speculating on that date for a long time. Maybe it's the same reason we are not given clues about future events. (I have previously speculated it's for the reason of operational security. Not letting the enemy know your moves.)

I am not trying to nail down which day anything could occur. I am just trying to nail down whether future events will happen on random days or on days of preestablished significance. Unfortunately

I am not trying to nail down which day anything could occur. I am just trying to nail down whether future events will happen on random days or on days of preestablished significance. Unfortunately deciding the later tends to make the mind drift towards wondering which day of preestablished significance, and I don't know what to do with that problem but don't think it justifies ignoring the question.

Regarding the expectation of something happening on every day, I am not personally built to be able to sustain that level of expectation. Many are and do, but I'm not and can't.

But I do keep my nose to the ground so that a have a better feel for the season. And every now and then I make a big sigh and say "This can't last forever. We've got to get out of here sometime".

But I do keep my nose to the ground so that a have a better feel for the season. And every now and then I make a big sigh and say "This can't last forever. We've got to get out of here sometime".

I agree with you about the difficulty of maintaining expectation! While I'm concvinced our departure is within the next several years, I have trouble with the daily anticipation. I wake up and think "well, it's probably not today". Having a date in mind to 'look forward to', for me, helps me keep up that expectation because I can say to myself, "perhaps it'll happen on May 14," or "maybe on Pentacost", or "maybe on the Feast if Trumpets". I don't feel like I'm date setting by doing this, but rather giving myself a short term goal to aim towards. I can't motivate myself with a nebulous "sometime in the future", but a date that is only a few months ahead feels achievable. I struggle with tempation and this is a process that's been successful for me to stay strong and shun sin. So I look at why some people claim certain Feasts or dates are reasonable (and reject most of their claims), but keep in mind some of the more reasonable ones as private motivators.

I'm not sure that's helpful to have admitted. Please don't go seeking out date-setters, especially if you think you'd be prone to discouragement if those dates are wrong. But if it honestly helps you in your walk with God to have some "maybe" thoughts...well, that's what works for me.

Jan51

The Song of Solomon hints at the rapture, and hints at spring. Yes, it is a literal love story, but we can find another level of meaning--Christ’s love for the church, the bride of Christ. Whenever you find words that are clearly used in other parts of Scripture, you are justified in looking for parallels; bride, virgin, beloved, king, shepherd. It teaches us His return for His bride, the church, to take her away to another place, and her eager anticipation of that return. We see the rapture foreshadowed, in 2:8-14 especially.

Son 2:8 "Listen! My beloved! Behold, he is coming, Climbing on the mountains, Leaping on the hills!
Son 2:9 "My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag. Behold, he is standing behind our wall, He is looking through the windows, He is peering through the lattice.
Son 2:10 "My beloved responded and said to me, 'Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, And come along.
Son 2:11 'For behold, the winter is past, The rain is over and gone.
Son 2:12 'The flowers have already appeared in the land; The time has arrived for pruning the vines, And the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.
Son 2:13 'The fig tree has ripened its figs, And the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance. Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, And come along!'"

8-9, she is looking for him. 10-13, he speaks. We see a spring time frame. We also see that it is time for pruning the vines (Rev. 14:18-19), so the endtimes are in view. The fig tree often symbolizes Israel; compare Mat. 24:33-34. Twice he says "arise, come along;" compare John 14:3, I Thes. 4:16-17, Rev. 4:1.

Solomon is a type of the Messiah: the king's son, bringing in the peaceful kingdom following David's turbulent and bloody reign (as the peaceful millenial kingdom follows the bloody tribulation). In this book, the KJV uses "spouse" but I like the NASB "bride." Strong's Concordance: bride, a son's wife. This word is only used in this book. "Beloved" refers to him, not to her; it is used 28 times in this book, way more than in any other book. So we have the king and his bride--a picture of Christ and the church.

Kaatje

The Song of Solomon hints at the rapture, and hints at spring. Yes, it is a literal love story, but we can find another level of meaning--Christ’s love for the church, the bride of Christ. Whenever you find words that are clearly used in other parts of Scripture, you are justified in looking for parallels; bride, virgin, beloved, king, shepherd. It teaches us His return for His bride, the church, to take her away to another place, and her eager anticipation of that return. We see the rapture foreshadowed, in 2:8-14 especially.

Son 2:8 "Listen! My beloved! Behold, he is coming, Climbing on the mountains, Leaping on the hills!
Son 2:9 "My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag. Behold, he is standing behind our wall, He is looking through the windows, He is peering through the lattice.
Son 2:10 "My beloved responded and said to me, 'Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, And come along.
Son 2:11 'For behold, the winter is past, The rain is over and gone.
Son 2:12 'The flowers have already appeared in the land; The time has arrived for pruning the vines, And the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.
Son 2:13 'The fig tree has ripened its figs, And the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance. Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, And come along!'"

8-9, she is looking for him. 10-13, he speaks. We see a spring time frame. We also see that it is time for pruning the vines (Rev. 14:18-19), so the endtimes are in view. The fig tree often symbolizes Israel; compare Mat. 24:33-34. Twice he says "arise, come along;" compare John 14:3, I Thes. 4:16-17, Rev. 4:1.

Solomon is a type of the Messiah: the king's son, bringing in the peaceful kingdom following David's turbulent and bloody reign (as the peaceful millenial kingdom follows the bloody tribulation). In this book, the KJV uses "spouse" but I like the NASB "bride." Strong's Concordance: bride, a son's wife. This word is only used in this book. "Beloved" refers to him, not to her; it is used 28 times in this book, way more than in any other book. So we have the king and his bride--a picture of Christ and the church.
Oh, I like this very much!

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
Not to nitpick but that could be a poetical spring as much as a literal spring. (So I'm not going to be disappointed if we don't go home this spring). Spring is after all the time when new life begins and what could better describe our going home as the beginning of new life. Spring as it were.

Having said that I do like the thought of the Lord coming for us in spring. Spring is my favourite season. Not too hot, not too cold and bursting with life as the days lengthen.

Back