Pets in heaven

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
I often times tell cats that Jesus didn't die for their sins so they're doomed. It stems from forgiveness when I was a child and the neighbor's cats would poop in my sandbox.
That's Funny Soandso...:poop:poochI would not want to play in a sandbox of poo either...although me and my wife have a few kittens around, and they will be in heaven with us because they have no sins that I'm aware of...yet.:rolleyes2
Brother AL

ehbowen

I guess boiled down my questions would be 1) is there any indication we might see our lost pets again, and 2) is the above quoted scripture evidence to there being at least horses (and therefore probably other animals) in heaven?

The one time that I am absolutely convinced that I saw an angel from God in a dream, she was standing beside the dog which our family lost to cancer when I was thirteen.

madcat

I can truly prove anything biblically, but personally, I have seen a vision of my cats in heaven over 20 yrs ago. It wasn't meant to convince anyone else but me, but the circumstances in my life at the time coincided with a need that I believe God answered.

:catball :bluesclues:angel

greg64

Can't say Biblically, but I'll trust in God's love for us and bringing us together with these special creatures to share our lives in the first place. We had to put our beloved dog down two days ago. I look forward to being reunited soon.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Can't say Biblically, but I'll trust in God's love for us and bringing us together with these special creatures to share our lives in the first place. We had to put our beloved dog down two days ago. I look forward to being reunited soon.

Losing a dog is just so beyond awful. My heart goes out to you. :praying that God helps you through the mourning process and comforts you and gives you peace.

God, my mom, and my dog where my best friends growing up. Peanut went from a playful baby to a grumpy old man but I stilled loved him and I know he loved me too. He was the dad of the house for the other animals, and he would always growl at the cats when they jumped up on the table because he knew they weren't allowed up there. Our pets have personalities unique to them, and we lose something we can't get back in this life when we lose them. Sorry about your dog, Greg. It's comforting to think for me that God loves our animals too, much much more than we do. Even when we consider them part of the family he still loves them more. Since he loves both the animal and us, I think the case is good that at the very least the animals we love can be brought back for us in heaven or on the new earth/new Jerusalem. They're really his animals either way, we just love them and take care of them. And either way, bringing animals back to life would be no hard task for God who can do all things, and as far as I'm concerned I think it would contribute greatly to my joy

greg64

It's comforting to think for me that God loves our animals too, much much more than we do. Even when we consider them part of the family he still loves them more. Since he loves both the animal and us, I think the case is good that at the very least the animals we love can be brought back for us in heaven or on the new earth/new Jerusalem. They're really his animals either way, we just love them and take care of them. And either way, bringing animals back to life would be no hard task for God who can do all things, and as far as I'm concerned I think it would contribute greatly to my joy

Thanks for the kind thoughts and words, Caleb!

What you said above expresses my thoughts and feeling on the matter much better than I could find words for. It's tough and my wife in particular is pretty devastated, but we've spent most of the last couple evenings looking online for another furry family member (preferably a rescue, but that can be very hit or miss with what we're looking for). If the Lord tarries and it's His will, that'll work out. During my dog's fairly rapid decline, however, I repeatedly got the sense that perhaps God was calling her home so we'd have someone there to meet us tail wagging upon our arrival. Maybe that's just me rationalizing a sudden big-dog type cancer in a 10 year old smaller dog with a huge heart, but I guess time will tell!

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
Losing a dog is just so beyond awful. My heart goes out to you. :praying that God helps you through the mourning process and comforts you and gives you peace.

God, my mom, and my dog where my best friends growing up. Peanut went from a playful baby to a grumpy old man but I stilled loved him and I know he loved me too. He was the dad of the house for the other animals, and he would always growl at the cats when they jumped up on the table because he knew they weren't allowed up there. Our pets have personalities unique to them, and we lose something we can't get back in this life when we lose them. Sorry about your dog, Greg. It's comforting to think for me that God loves our animals too, much much more than we do. Even when we consider them part of the family he still loves them more. Since he loves both the animal and us, I think the case is good that at the very least the animals we love can be brought back for us in heaven or on the new earth/new Jerusalem. They're really his animals either way, we just love them and take care of them. And either way, bringing animals back to life would be no hard task for God who can do all things, and as far as I'm concerned I think it would contribute greatly to my joy
Thank you Salluz...that was very much appreciated by all.
God bless,
Brother AL

Almost Heaven

I am so sorry Greg...we are going to lose a very beautiful female Husky I nicknamed "Snow Queen" she is terminally ill.

greg64

I am so sorry Greg...we are going to lose a very beautiful female Husky I nicknamed "Snow Queen" she is terminally ill.

Thanks AH and sorry to hear you also have a bad diagnosis. I pray you still have some good times left with Snow Queen. God answered prayer for us several times during our Mollie's decline by granting a great weekend recently, then an improved day Saturday while my wife was on a youth retreat, and even a good hour or two on her final day. Those were truly gifts and I pray you also get several!

For us, my wife and oldest son are currently enroute to picking up a new puppy about 4 hours away in Ohio. Could be too soon, but we have factors pressing us to go sooner than later.

Andy C

I hope I will again have the opportunity to run with my departed, and really loved Golden Retriever, Lucy. She was a good dog, and we also had a maltese, Dezi, who died a few years later. It was painful upon their deaths, and I cant imagine how I will feel when Buddy dies.

Tall grass, rolling hills, perfect weather always, our eternal Home will be full of our furry loved ones (I hope).

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I believe our pets will be there simply because they're part of God's good creation and he knows how much we love them. My grandma once dreamed that she met her spaniel Bruce at the gates of heaven. She was approaching and he dashed out to meet her. :) I don't know if it was just an ordinary dream or not. Neither did she but she liked to think not. Bruce used to sleep in my dad's pram as his guard dog when he was outside. I'm looking forward to meeting him.

I'm also looking forward to meeting the world's gentlest tomcat, Charlie, when I get to heaven. He was my grandma's cat, I never met him but I've heard stories about him because my grandma and Dad loved him so much. Grandma rescued him from his mother. Someone had scared her so much that she was eating her kittens :( He was the only survivor as far as I know. He was a golden-orange long haired cat, a rescue, exceedingly gentle and very loyal. The only time he ever went for another creature was when another tomcat, a neighbour's or a feral (I'm not sure which), scratched my grandma; he whupped it's behind and chased it off his territory. He would go for walks with my grandma, he had a sky blue lead (leash if you're American) and being a cat decided to walk up a tree one cloudless day leaving my grandma stuck with her arm in the air and people looking at her although she was nuts because the lead blended perfectly with the sky. :D He would also go on all the family holidays and always came when called. They'd let him out of the car at rest stops and call him back when they got under way again with no fear of him not returning and he always came back.

Biblecat

My husband wants to get me a Sheltie puppy. But I just don’t know if I’m ready. I don’t want to replace my fur baby.
I'm going through the same thing right now. I lost my poodle in January and I'm still grieving. He was like a child to me and my husband. DH wants to get another one but I don't feel ready either.

Back