Prompting of the Holy Spirit

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Does anyone have advice or relevant verses on how to recognize when something is the prompting of the holy spirit versus when it's just one of my own thoughts?

For example, I've had times where I wanted to share the gospel. I had one feeling that I should bring it up then and there, and another at the same time that maybe that wasn't a good time and I should wait for a better one. How do I tell which one is my doubt and which one is the holy spirit?

The same thing with making major life decisions, I have a hard time determining what I'm supposed to do, e.g. go for this occupation vs go for that occupation vs wait and figure it out later.

I also have a hard time figuring out what what is the holy spirit convicting me of sin and what is worldly guilt over something that isn't actually a sin

I would love some insight into this

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Hi Salluz,

Interestingly upon reading your post my heart jumped in excitement to share how God has prompted me in the past. Please know that I very much depend on God's Word for His guidance above all. Certain passages will pop and seem to speak into my life, and I'll pray that God will help me to apply them...and He does. Nothing that God directs will ever contradict what God's Word says. That's been very important for me.

However, in learning what His leading in the moment for me looks like, I do notice that He was very patient, allowing me to make mistakes (miss opportunities) but never harsh in helping me understand and it seemed I had time to learn. I'd love to share my own experience to show how God has worked in my life in this way. Not saying that this is how God works for everyone, but perhaps some may recognize this in their own lives.

When first coming to Christ I remember very clearly how at night a neighbor was playing loud music. I woke up feeling frustrated as I really need good sleep if I'm going to be the mom/wife my family needs me to be (otherwise it's a high coffee day). Well, this gentle, persistent, kind feeling thought pressed into my mind to pray. I kept dismissing this, but the thought continued to be gently persistent. So, I finally (actually, crankily....yep, I was tired! I'm more respectful now) prayed. Before I could finish praying, there suddenly was cop lights flashing and the music stopped! These people were actually arrested because there was also drugs being used. As a result, the music stopped that night and many, many nights after! :)

Then, one evening, I went out to get some pizza for my family. I saw my neighbor's car was gone and immediately the thought came to me to get them pizza too. These were new neighbors who were Christians, trying to be financially responsible, get out of debt and wanted to be able to give to God more than what they were. Being the shy, stay behind the scenes person I am, I immediately nixed that thought! BUT, all the way to this very specialized pizza store I was just persistently (but very gently) pressed in the mind to get these people pizza! While standing in line I finally (and exasperatedly....I know, what an attitude to have right?) thought, "Ok! Fine, what kind of pizza?!" Immediately the thought came to me, "Canadian Bacon". So, I sheepishly bought Canadian Bacon, wondering what in the world I was doing.

As I was driving back, I thought I'd just leave it on the porch for them to find when they would come back, but my heart sunk when I saw their car in the driveway. Again, that persistent, gentle, (it's alright, go ahead) thought came to knock on the door and give them this pizza. So, I sighed (I know....what a willing heart, eh?) and with a scared, beating heart knocked on the door. It opened and I said to my neighbors, "Special delivery!" and high tailed it back home.

Later we got a call from them and they shared the rest of the story. They had been driving home, went past this very specialized pizza store and almost stopped to get a Canadian Bacon pizza which they REALLY wanted. But, they made the decision instead to save their money, make some rice and eggs for dinner (their budget was pretty tight, which I didn't know then) and make due with what they had at home. JUST as they were about to crack the eggs the door bell rang. Imagine the surprise when someone was at the door with the VERY pizza they wanted but chose to skip!

So, God seemed to be affirming their decision, and at the same time was teaching me His Voice in my life. That was a really cool night as I was beginning to understand and recognize God's leading in my life.

The same thing happened when I was throwing some trash away and noticed a bag my son had thrown away. As I was walking away, again a persistent, gentle pressing of the thought to go back and look in his bag came to me. I began to dismiss this, but by then was realizing this may be God. Paused, turned around and went to look in my son's trash bag. Right near the top I found a $20 bill he had inadvertently put in the garbage! I was glad for my son's sake I had listened.

Again, when out and about I sometimes get that pressing to go ahead and stop in a particular place. What usually happens is that there is something there that our family needs, has talked about, or most wonderfully there's a book that I've been wanting that happens to be there. These have been in answer to prayer. I remember praying for God's provision (according to His Will) for a particular bible, and a particular book from a Christian author. With each book, I felt directed to stop by a gentle persistent pressing of the thought to stop and go in.

I will say that there was one time where I do believer I actually heard God's voice, rather than a persistent, gentle pressing of His leading. I, as a young Christian, was about to go into a 'Christian' bookstore when I very clearly heard and strongly suspected (was still learning) it was God, telling me, "Do not go in there!" It was so filled with authority that I stopped suddenly in mid step. Then, kind of shaking it off, I stepped once more in the direction and again I was told to stop! Well, after these other situations I decided to err on the side of caution and trust that maybe this was God, Who had a reason to warn me and I decided to turn the other way. Later, as I was growing as a Christian I learned about the ridiculous zoo of Christian "teachers, authors, pastors, etc." that had emerged which I had no idea was happening in the Christian landscape, and realized that God was protecting me. Praise God for His kindness!

There are times where I will encounter a person and as they are talking about a certain subject it will overwhelmingly come over me to speak to them about whatever I know about that subject. One time it was health related. In this case I believe it saved a life as the doctors of four months were not helping and they themselves were at a loss as to how to help this person. In these cases there is always a great sense of what I can only describe as a positive urgency.

One time I did ignore God's leading (again, was a young Christian and I believe God was very patient with me, giving me room to get to know His leading in my life), and I greatly regretted it. It was coming to me very persistently (and gently) to call another women one day. Unfortunately I was busy and while I was intending to listen I got caught up in my work and just didn't get to it. I later learned that week this woman had, had a miscarriage of which she was greatly disheartened and grieved over. I was beside myself in sorrow that I had ignored God's prompt to call this woman, because her comfort was much more important than housework, and I deeply regretted missing coming alongside her to give her the comfort God wished for her to have.

But, God is so merciful and kind. As I repented of my inaction, I felt forgiven and I realized that this too was part of God teaching me and helping me to recognize His prompts and voice in my life. In addition I also realized the great love and compassion that God Himself has for His beloved children in that when they are deeply grieved He desires to comfort and lift up the brokenhearted. Sometimes, through His other children. A happy ending is that this woman became pregnant again and gave birth to a wonderfully healthy child, which became a great joy to her and her husband.

In these examples I'm sharing, there was no confusion or indecision in my mind about these situations. It seems that when I'm wondering whether God is directing me, but it's my own mind, I will always have a sense of indecision and confusion. Upon recognizing this, I will pray for God's guidance. If there is continued indecision, I will simply leave it and let God open doors and lead so that I do not inadvertently step where I shouldn't.

So, these are things that have happened to me. Again, that's not to say that God won't work in other ways than this to direct, but maybe this will be helpful. Most importantly, in all of these things I did not actively seek these experiences, but rather as I was in God's Word, praying and moving about in my life according to what I understood God wanted me to do, then these things happened. And, God graciously gave me time to recognize and understand His leading v.s. my own mind.

Last edited:

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Hi Salluz,

Interestingly upon reading your post my heart jumped in excitement to share how God has prompted me in the past. Please know that I very much depend on God's Word for His guidance above all. Certain passages will pop and seem to speak into my life, and I'll pray that God will help me to apply them...and He does. Nothing that God directs will ever contradict what God's Word says. That's been very important for me.

However, in learning what His leading in the moment for me looks like, I do notice that He was very patient, allowing me to make mistakes (miss opportunities) but never harsh in helping me understand and it seemed I had time to learn. I'd love to share my own experience to show how God has worked in my life in this way. Not saying that this is how God works for everyone, but perhaps some may recognize this in their own lives.

When first coming to Christ I remember very clearly how at night a neighbor was playing loud music. I woke up feeling frustrated as I really need good sleep if I'm going to be the mom/wife my family needs me to be (otherwise it's a high coffee day). Well, this gentle, persistent, kind feeling thought pressed into my mind to pray. I kept dismissing this, but the thought continued to be gently persistent. So, I finally (actually, crankily....yep, I was tired! I'm more respectful now) prayed. Before I could finish praying, there suddenly was cop lights flashing and the music stopped! These people were actually arrested because there was also drugs being used. As a result, the music stopped that night and many, many nights after! :)

Then, one evening, I went out to get some pizza for my family. I saw my neighbor's car was gone and immediately the thought came to me to get them pizza too. These were new neighbors who were Christians, trying to be financially responsible, get out of debt and wanted to be able to give to God more than what they were. Being the shy, stay behind the scenes person I am, I immediately nixed that thought! BUT, all the way to this very specialized pizza store I was just persistently (but very gently) pressed in the mind to get these people pizza! While standing in line I finally (and exasperatedly....I know, what an attitude to have right?) thought, "Ok! Fine, what kind of pizza?!" Immediately the thought came to me, "Canadian Bacon". So, I sheepishly bought Canadian Bacon, wondering what in the world I was doing.

As I was driving back, I thought I'd just leave it on the porch for them to find when they would come back, but my heart sunk when I saw their car in the driveway. Again, that persistent, gentle, (it's alright, go ahead) thought came to knock on the door and give them this pizza. So, I sighed (I know....what a willing heart, eh?) and with a scared, beating heart knocked on the door. It opened and I said to my neighbors, "Special delivery!" and high tailed it back home.

Later we got a call from them and they shared the rest of the story. They had been driving home, went past this very specialized pizza store and almost stopped to get a Canadian Bacon pizza which they REALLY wanted. But, they made the decision instead to save their money, make some rice and eggs for dinner (their budget was pretty tight, which I didn't know then) and make due with what they had at home. JUST as they were about to crack the eggs the door bell rang. Imagine the surprise when someone was at the door with the VERY pizza they wanted but chose to skip!

So, God seemed to be affirming their decision, and at the same time was teaching me His Voice in my life. That was a really cool night as I was beginning to understand and recognize God's leading in my life.

The same thing happened when I was throwing some trash away and noticed a bag my son had thrown away. As I was walking away, again a persistent, gentle pressing of the thought to go back and look in his bag came to me. I began to dismiss this, but by then was realizing this may be God. Paused, turned around and went to look in my son's trash bag. Right near the top I found a $20 bill he had inadvertently put in the garbage! I was glad for my son's sake I had listened.

Again, when out and about I sometimes get that pressing to go ahead and stop in a particular place. What usually happens is that there is something there that our family needs, has talked about, or most wonderfully there's a book that I've been wanting that happens to be there. These have been in answer to prayer. I remember praying for God's provision (according to His Will) for a particular bible, and a particular book from a Christian author. With each book, I felt directed to stop by a gentle persistent pressing of the thought to stop and go in.

I will say that there was one time where I do believer I actually heard God's voice, rather than a persistent, gentle pressing of His leading. I, as a young Christian, was about to go into a 'Christian' bookstore when I very clearly heard and knew it was God, telling me, "Do not go in there!" It was so filled with authority that I stopped suddenly in mid step. Then, kind of shaking it off, I stepped once more in the direction and again I was told to stop! Well, after these other situations I decided to err on the side of caution and trust that maybe this was God, Who had a reason to warn me and I decided to turn the other way. Later, as I was growing as a Christian I learned about the ridiculous zoo of Christian "teachers, authors, pastors, etc." that had emerged which I had no idea was happening in the Christian landscape, and realized that God was protecting me. Praise God for His kindness!

There are times where I will encounter a person and as they are talking about a certain subject it will overwhelmingly come over me to speak to them about whatever I know about that subject. One time it was health related. In this case I believe it saved a life as the doctors of four months were not helping and they themselves were at a loss as to how to help this person. In these cases there is always a great sense of what I can only describe as a positive urgency.

One time I did ignore God's leading (again, was a young Christian and I believe God was very patient with me, giving me room to get to know His leading in my life), and I greatly regretted it. It was coming to me very persistently (and gently) to call another women one day. Unfortunately I was busy and while I was intending to listen I got caught up in my work and just didn't get to it. I later learned that week this woman had, had a miscarriage of which she was greatly disheartened and grieved over. I was beside myself in sorrow that I had ignored God's prompt to call this woman, because her comfort was much more important than housework, and I deeply regretted missing coming alongside her to give her the comfort God wished for her to have.

But, God is so merciful and kind. As I repented of my inaction, I felt forgiven and I realized that this too was part of God teaching me and helping me to recognize His prompts and voice in my life. In addition I also realized the great love and compassion that God Himself has for His beloved children in that when they are deeply grieved He desires to comfort and lift up the brokenhearted. Sometimes, through His other children. A happy ending is that this woman became pregnant again and gave birth to a wonderfully healthy child, which became a great joy to her and her husband.

In these examples I'm sharing, there was no confusion or indecision in my mind about these situations. It seems that when I'm wondering whether God is directing me, but it's my own mind, I will always have a sense of indecision and confusion. Upon recognizing this, I will pray for God's guidance. If there is continued indecision, I will simply leave it and let God open doors and lead so that I do not inadvertently step where I shouldn't.

So, these are things that have happened to me. Again, that's not to say that God won't work in other ways than this to direct, but maybe this will be helpful. Most importantly, in all of these things I did not actively seek these experiences, but rather as I was in God's Word, praying and moving about in my life according to what I understood God wanted me to do, then these things happened. And, God graciously gave me time to recognize and understand His leading v.s. my own mind.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to tell me all of that. I love hearing stories and being told examples of something because it makes it so much less abstract. I'll always take stories from people in response to a question I have if they're relevant.

Your comment about God being patient with you really hit me. I'm a pretty "I want results now" kind of guy, so it pains me to no end when I inevitably fall short of how much I would like to change for God. I guess I've been making the fatal flaw of forgetting that God isn't like me, and that he's more patient than I am. I guess just because I'm tired of my own mistakes doesn't mean God's getting tired of me.

I'll keep a look out for gentle, kind, and persistent feelings toward something. I also appreciate your response you felt to repentance, that you felt forgiven afterward. Lately when I've been praying for forgiveness I've still felt pretty heavy guilt over things even afterwards, and I've also been feeling pretty far from God. Judging from your response, that definitely isn't how I should be feeling.

Honestly and truly your post helped me out here and even addressed some issues that I hadn't even asked about. Thanks a ton. I read it a few times over and cried a couple times and prayed and paced around thinking. It certainly helped put me at ease when I had been stressing and being eaten up over this

Last edited:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Thanks a lot for taking the time to tell me all of that.
Oh, you are so welcome. I've appreciated the many people who themselves have taken time with me.

Your comment about God being patient with you really hit me. I'm a pretty "I want results now" kind of guy, so it pains me to no end when I inevitably fall short of how much I would like to change for God. I guess I've been making the fatal flaw of forgetting that God isn't like me, and that he's more patient than I am. I guess just because I'm tired of my own mistakes doesn't mean God's getting tired of me.
:nod

That's right. After all, if He sent His own Son to die for us, this alone shows the great love and care that God has for us. It's so easy for us to see ourselves through our own eyes rather than God's. Psalm 103 has been a real favorite of mine that reminds me of God's love towards me:

He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west.
The Lord is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
For he knows how weak we are;
he remembers we are only dust. vs 12-14

I'll keep a look out for gentle, kind, and persistent feelings toward something.

Well, for me it was persistent gentle thoughts (which never contradicted God's Word). :) It was hard for me to key in on the feeling portion because I was so scared to accidentally jump on the emergent bandwagon and was still navigating things. But in time I noticed that there was a lack of a demanding/pushy/negative aspect with what seemed to God's prompts.

I also appreciate your response you felt to repentance, that you felt forgiven afterward. Lately when I've been praying for forgiveness I've still felt pretty heavy guilt over things even afterwards, and I've also been feeling pretty far from God. Judging from your response, that definitely isn't how I should be feeling.
:nod

Well, that's exactly what our enemy would love for us to do, still feel the burden of guilt even after we've asked for forgiveness. If that guilt burden will keep us from being at full capacity as a Christian, yep, you better believe our enemy will employ this!

I really struggled with this for a long time. Came from a major guilt trip background. This passage (along with Psalm 103) was so helpful to meditate on for me: But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1John 1:9

I just had to actually believe it and rest in this and also rest that God in His time will bring about needed changes as I stay in His Word and prayer.

I'm so glad this was encouraging for you!

Step Withers

1. Always refer to the bible. If your feeling is consistent with God's Word, it's likely good direction. If it is a contradiction to God's Word, it is misdirection.

2. There is never a better time to share the gospel than now. Even if you're just checking out at the grocery store, saying "God Bless you" to the cashier is an achievement. Satan does not want us to share the Word. It is a weapon against him. He will use any means, including the most simple, to prevent it .

3. If you feel convicted of sin, pray for forgiveness of known and "unknown" sin. If you still feel convicted, it is evil trying to get you to give up on your faith.

4. Always pray for direction, wisdom, and clear signs in decision-making. It's difficult when it comes to a career field, because that is typically personal satisfaction. However, you can potentially make a decision by asking yourself which profession will benefit others as God wills.

Very recently, I had moved from GA to NC for a job and lost that job within 3 months. I had a guaranteed job opportunity and I prayed but I didn't feel led back to GA. I kept praying and even asked my husband to pray. Neither of us felt it was God's will. As difficult as it is, we are still in NC struggling, but happy we are following in faith.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
If you've repented and asked God for forgiveness in Jesus' name, you're forgiven. Period. Atonement was bought by Jesus Christ on the cross, which allows God to forgive us and give us the unmerited (on our part) gift of grace (salvation). Nothing more is needed. Christ alone is sufficient. Faith alone is sufficient. To say you need to do something more, even if it's to keep saying you're sorry to God is like saying Jesus' death isn't enough... it's kind of insulting to God and taking some of the glory for ourselves, although we don't mean it that way. It's also kind of like saying faith isn't enough, even though it was a gift from God. So that's kind of insulting to God, too, saying His gift of faith isn't good enough so we have to add something and thereby earn/take some of the glory for ourselves, although we don't mean it that way. In other words, it isn't Jesus' blood plus (fill in the blank). It's just Jesus' blood. It's not faith plus (fill in the blank). It's just faith. No works needed on our part because Jesus did all the work for us. He paid everything in full.

That guilt is from Satan and/or worldly/cultural inputs. Satan wants us to feel bad and feel as if we aren't forgiven/saved because we've sinned. The heck with satan... he's our enemy. Jesus already won, so we don't have to worry.

This is not to say there aren't earthly consequences from sinning... just that the sin is blotted out so there are no eternal consequences. Just as if I'd (justified) never sinned :smile

Here are a couple of places that better explain the 5 solas (grace alone, faith alone, Christ alone, scripture alone, and to God alone be the glory):

https://www.christianity.com/church/church-history/the-five-solas-of-the-protestant-reformation.html

What do Lutherans Believe-Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (this is a pdf file)
https://www.lcms.org/Document.fdoc?src=lcm&id=487

"Jesus came to pay a debt that He didn't owe because we owed a debt we could not pay" (on the Christmas cards I sent out a couple years ago--no idea of the author)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9, KJV

:pray :pray :bible :bible :amen :amen :dance2 :dance2

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghoti Ichthus

Does anyone have advice or relevant verses on how to recognize when something is the prompting of the holy spirit versus when it's just one of my own thoughts?

For example, I've had times where I wanted to share the gospel. I had one feeling that I should bring it up then and there, and another at the same time that maybe that wasn't a good time and I should wait for a better one. How do I tell which one is my doubt and which one is the holy spirit?

The same thing with making major life decisions, I have a hard time determining what I'm supposed to do, e.g. go for this occupation vs go for that occupation vs wait and figure it out later.

I also have a hard time figuring out what what is the holy spirit convicting me of sin and what is worldly guilt over something that isn't actually a sin

I would love some insight into this

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:27-28, KJV

Here are the search results from Biblegateway for the topic prayer (121 verses in Naves Topical Bible) https://www.biblegateway.com/topica...h=prayer&searchtype=any&resultspp=25&source=1

Biblegateway.com is having a devotional this week about learning to pray :smile

Fast and pray and take some time and get to know the Lord's voice. Then when He speaks, you'll know it's Him and not your imagination run wild. God does talk to us, but sometimes we're so busy trying to handle something ourselves that we don't listen or let God do it for us (and we're almost always in the way). None of us is so insignificant that God won't take time with us. We are His children and He is our father, so we can boldly go to Him in Jesus' name and ask anything. He has infinite time, too, so we don't have to rush or share Him/His time with anyone else :biggrin For something major, I would try to set aside quiet time and place to talk and listen so there are no interruptions. You might or might not fast... simply follow the leading of the Holy Ghost.

After awhile, prayer gets to be a constant thing so you actually feel like and know absolutely God is right there with you and you can just turn toward Him and ask whatever... it's nice, comfortable, and peaceful :smile

16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray without ceasing.
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, KJV

When it comes to sharing the Gospel, I'm more apt to share than not. If it's not the right time/place, the Holy Ghost lets me know, but those times are few and far between. As Jerry Falwell once said, "JC or PC, you can't be both." Usually I try to pray first, but that doesn't always happen. And there are times that any delay could be too long (person critically hurt in a traffic accident, shooting victim, etc.). And sometimes my prayer could simply be "Jesus!" or "God, please!" or "Help!" or something else not very eloquent due to the urgency of the situation. God knows what we need before we even know to ask, and He always provides what we need, although it might not be what we wanted or asked for, or at the desired time or place :biggrin. OTOH, be careful what you ask for because God has a sense of humor--don't ask me how I know :rolleyes

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I think an important thing to remember is that nothing we do, or don't do will diminish God's love for us, because His love for us is based on who God is, not on who we are or not, or were.

In some cases where there have been patterns of difficulties in my life because of sin God has been gracious in leading me to Godly resources at times to learn how to follow the Lord and apply His Word in my life. I think having Christian support can be vital in any situation where one is really struggling.

As I seek God in prayer, I always ask according to His will as He knows so much more about whatever situation I'm praying about than I (including about myself), so that I'm not asking for anything that would not be good. Even so, I have found that God in His kindness has guarded me from myself and what I think might be good, that for whatever the reason isn't.

There have been times where I've gotten a bad feeling about something I was contemplating doing and praying about and have asked God to confirm that I'm hearing Him. So many times situations have unfolded so as to show me just enough that something indeed is not right, and helped me to realize God is guiding. I've been very thankful as some of those times have protected me.

Again, these are not things I actively seek, but God has faithfully helped me as I'm in His Word and praying and following to the best of my understanding His directions.

And sometimes my prayer could simply be "Jesus!" or "God, please!" or "Help!"...

Great prayer!! One time there was a show my extended family was watching in the presence of my kids that I knew was ungodly, but I was in the extreme minority on. I began to pray. Just two words into praying a bolt of lightening struck right outside the house, shut the electricity down for a few seconds and then wiped the show off the DVR. That was really amazing!

So many times with my kids, when there was a situation that really wasn't the best plans, I've prayed that God would somehow change and redirect those plans and God has most faithfully responded in amazing ways! Let me tell you, God hears our prayers! Especially the "small" ones.

I have learned to take everything to God, wait when there's no obvious leading and watch God work wonderfully!

Some thingsI have to be patient in as God is working a longterm plan, and in some situations like that I will ask for encouragement at times, which He does provide.

Today, I'm rejoicing as someone I've been praying for, for years has placed his faith in Christ and in turn is reaching out to others with the Gospel! His story is such that brings great glory to God. When its the right time I'll share more.

So keep praying for concerns, God is listening and working where we don't see many times. :nod

sara ann

There have been times in my life when I was searching to find "truth" in a "worship" service and have a voice in my head tell me to "remove yourself"...I would ask...Lord is that you? and the voice would repeat and tell me to "remove yourself"....sounds crazy...but it happened....I removed myself...and it was the right thing to do....false religion..I really had to think before posting this...for fear you will think me crazy!!~!

Ghoti Ichthus

There have been times in my life when I was searching to find "truth" in a "worship" service and have a voice in my head tell me to "remove yourself"...I would ask...Lord is that you? and the voice would repeat and tell me to "remove yourself"....sounds crazy...but it happened....I removed myself...and it was the right thing to do....false religion..I really had to think before posting this...for fear you will think me crazy!!~!

You would have been crazy and actually sinning to ignore the Lord and stay. Walking out and clapping the dust off your sandals was absolutely the right and Biblical thing to do.

I have walked out of worship services due to wrongful stuff... One of the times because people were making nonsensical noises pretending to speak in tongues :eek

:pray :amen

Kenny64

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:27-28, KJV

yes, I was taught that scripture early in life from my Mom and Dad. Bible Presbyterians Reformed at that time, I'd say about more 55 years ago. My Mom was a summer Bible school teacher for years that I can remember. On her bed when with death at eh doors she repeated Psalm 118:24

Back