Feast of Trumpets

borrowedtime

Regarding Feast of Trumpets.

I think it's clear that Christ did fulfill things on Feast Days for the nation of Israel. I don't think that part is being disputed.

The only real questions is how does it effect the Church?

My answer is not one iota. Paul describes the last trump but trump has many meanings. In the context of the way Paul describes trump I'm more inclined to believe the voice of the Lord is being described. One shout to resurrect the dead, the next to "come up hither".

I would find it highly disingenuous of Paul to constantly write about Feast Days and Sabbaths with blatant disregard or care for them. To tell others to not judge others who do or don't observe them when it's connected seems highly disingenuous especially when immanency is the main focus.

Looking at the remaining Feasts we have Trumpets, Atonement and Tabernacles and with the rather quick succession Christ fulfilled the other Feasts (Passover, Unleavened and Pentecost) I think we are looking at the near end of Daniels 70th week when Christ will fulfill these and the what Daniel laid out was the intentions of Daniels 70 weeks.

josiah7

josiah7 said:
Interesting thing about Matthew 5:17
Matthew 5:17
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Note: The Messiah states twice in this verse that He did not come to destroy the Torah (law). To abolish something means to do away with, He specifically said He did not come to do that. In Matthew 5:18 The Messiah states that "till heaven and earth pass away not one jot or one tittle" of the torah would pass away. To me, He is making a very definitive statement. The days for the Feast may be wrong because we go by a Julian calendar and not the Almighty's calendar. That is why I believe that no man knows the day or the hour.
He also stated He came to fulfill. Twice He states He came to fulfill.

So did He fulfill it?

Sorry borrowedtime, I just missed your question, sometimes I just don't see for looking :)

Yes, He did

RonJohnSilver

Another thought....the date of the rapture should be irrelevant to believers. Because we are instructed to work until we are called home, so it doesn't or shouldn't matter if the rapture is today or in 20 years, I know what I am supposed to do each and every day until them and that is use the gifts that God has given me for the advancement of the kingdom. When the quitting time whistle or trumpet blows, then I/we stop, not until.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
Another thought....the date of the rapture should be irrelevant to believers. Because we are instructed to work until we are called home, so it doesn't or shouldn't matter if the rapture is today or in 20 years, I know what I am supposed to do each and every day until them and that is use the gifts that God has given me for the advancement of the kingdom. When the quitting time whistle or trumpet blows, then I/we stop, not until.
This is such a good attitude, but like a kid in school, I don't think I can stop looking at the clock and wondering "Is it time, yet?"

lismore

I know that will will not know the exact time but why not use the last of the feast's as well?

hello sherryh. Matthew says that no man knows the day or the hour, but we will know when it is near, even at the door (the week?). For it to happen sometime during the Feast would therefore seem to make sense in a way. God Bless :)

Reactions: Hol
Back