So what is the Church doing in the Millennium?

borrowedtime

I was under the impression that the Body of Christ reigned and ruled with Christ.

But I looked at Rev 20 and saw this.

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/rev.20.4.kjv

If we are to be pre-trib raptured out of here then we can’t be beheaded or reject the Mark of the Beast.

I’m not saying this proves a post trib cause of all the living and dead get raptured then no one can repopulate the earth which the Remenent will do.

Simon

I'm not entirely sure what the question is BT.

My understanding is there are a number of distinct groups going into the millenial kingdom. Each may possibly have a different role to play:
  • Old Testament saints saved by faith. (Possibly part of the bride?)
  • The church - the bride - taken away before the tribulation.
  • Tribulation believers that were executed or otherwise died and raised to life at the first resurrection.
  • Tribulation believers that are still alive and become the millenial citizens.This will include believing Israel.
For me it's not clear enough to be too dogmatic about the different groups and how their roles differ.

Last edited:

Almost Heaven

Revelation 20:4 are considered the martyrs of the Great Tribulation the ones who refused the mark and were beheaded for it. Those in Revelation 7:13-14 are those left behind after the Rapture of the Church and are killed during the judgments.
These groups are post rapture believers.
The group from Rev. 7 will serve God in His Temple but are never called priests. The group from Rev. 20 will reign with Christ for 1,000 years but are never called kings. We can only speculate they will have lesser roles in the Millennial Kingdom.

Only the Church will be called kings and priests.

Last edited:

borrowedtime

Revelation 20:4 are considered the martyrs of the Great Tribulation the ones who refused the mark and were beheaded for it. Those in Revelation 7:13-14 are those left behind after the Rapture of the Church and are killed during the judgments.
These groups are post rapture believers.
The group from Rev. 7 will serve God in His Temple but are never called priests. The group from Rev. 20 will reign with Christ for 1,000 years but are never called kings. We can only speculate they will have lesser roles in the Millennial Kingdom.

Only the Church will be called kings and priests.

That’s what I was looking for. The things that make pre trib separate from trib saints.

Just trying to identify how they are different groups.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
Even among Christians there are different groups doing different things. In looking at the promises to the churches at the beginning of Revelation, Thyatira is promised to rule with Jesus if they overcome, while Philadelphia is promised to never leave God's presence in New Jerusalem. There is so much to look forward to, I'm not sure we can entirely understand what God has in store for us until we're there.

Will of the LION

5 different crowns mentioned, that I know of. Some will have none, others may have several; some even may have all 5. I'm not sure but it looks like there will be different orders of saints, with different jobs and some with much more power than some others. I would think that if crowns are given for rewards, then the crowns must represent different levels of dominion. Don't know, but it sure will be interesting and good!

Endangered

I once asked where will the raptured be during the millenium. Jack Kelly's answer was raptured will populate New Jerusalem along with the dead in Christ. Survivors of the Trib will populate the New Earth. I don't find any Bible verses that directly support this but there are verses that provide circumstantial support.
In my eyes this is a wait and see.

SonSeeker

If the church is ruling and reigning with Christ during the millennium, then we must be spending a great deal of our time on earth, although we appear to be headquartered in the New Jerusalem that hovers near the earth.
That's how I see it, too. Just think of it, living in mansions in New Jerusalem, serving our Savior Jesus from earthly Israel! And guest what. We'll enjoy instantaneous commutes with no traffic jams! Sounds like heaven on earth.:thumbup
And that's just the millennium. Then eternity begins, and even more mysteries will be revealed!:thumbup

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Every government has different functions and the bureaucrats all have different jobs with different levels and breadths of responsibility to do. Government jobs can be inherited (nepotism or marriage), appointed (political) or hired (civil service). Since God's government is not a democracy, I'm not counting elected (in sense of a democracy), and since one is either saved or not and God will never forsake us, I'm not counting contractor (temporary).

Regardless, God's plan is perfect, so we will all be perfectly equipped and ready to perform our jobs, and we will all be perfectly happy and at perfect peace :yipee

SonSeeker

At the Rapture, what we know as the "Church" will be instantaneously transported to be with Jesus.
Shortly after, the Tribulation will begin, then end 7 years later.
Then, the Millennium will begin immediately after the end of the Great Tribulation.
Revelation 20:4 tells us the Millennium will be populated by the survivors of the Great Tribulation, and as Simon stated above, "Tribulation believers that are still alive and become the millenial citizens.This will include believing Israel."
The Church will reign with Christ as His Bride. This same verse also speaks of the Tribulation martyrs, those who refused to take the mark of
the beast, and they will also reign with Christ during the Millennium.

I hope this helps.

sara ann

At the Rapture, what we know as the "Church" will be instantaneously transported to be with Jesus.
Shortly after, the Tribulation will begin, then end 7 years later.
Then, the Millennium will begin immediately after the end of the Great Tribulation.
Revelation 20:4 tells us the Millennium will be populated by the survivors of the Great Tribulation, and as Simon stated above, "Tribulation believers that are still alive and become the millenial citizens.This will include believing Israel."
The Church will reign with Christ as His Bride. This same verse also speaks of the Tribulation martyrs, those who refused to take the mark of
the beast, and they will also reign with Christ during the Millennium.

I hope this helps.
Oh, it does....sometimes, I get things out of order thank you thank you thank you

StormsMom

I really liked Randy Alcorn's book Heaven. He goes through all the verses that speak of life in Heaven and uses them to paint a picture. He does admit some of his ideas are speculation because the bible isn't entirely clear, but I think he makes good arguments for them. It is a very uplifting book and I've re-read it when life has gotten me down.

Kerbluey

I really liked Randy Alcorn's book Heaven. He goes through all the verses that speak of life in Heaven and uses them to paint a picture. He does admit some of his ideas are speculation because the bible isn't entirely clear, but I think he makes good arguments for them. It is a very uplifting book and I've re-read it when life has gotten me down.

Love that book!

Back