Nashville Christian school shooting

daygo

Here is a question I have been asking for years now...........

Why haven't we re-routed our military from drills and practice on bases to guarding all of our schools against this sort of thing?
Why didn't we re-route our military to our southern border in the same manner?
We let them fight wars in Viet Nam and Afghanistan for years and years to never see a victory ......... but, we don't use them to protect
our own people in our own land?? If the police can't get this under control, and it's very evident they can't, then bring in the military!!!

If I can figure this out..............why can't our so-called smart politicians figure it out????
It makes me think they are perfectly happy with what is going on...........
Excellent thinking.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Pause a moment,

Just reading this thread shows the confusion we have about this situation.

Can you imagine the confusion of the shooter?

Not knowing who you are, what you are?

Perhaps angry with God, blaming Him for His failure in making me wrong. Or maybe that was one of the lies this person swallowed.
We may learn some of the background, but there are similarities with narcissism. I only speculate, so this is only a start.
Narcissism is a very serious illness. It takes so many forms some of which are destructive. Now add worldly wisdom and stir the pot more.

Don't think "church" is an answer. It does as much or more damage to these kinds people. All the love we can pour out may only make them hate more.
It takes the divine power of Christ.

Sometimes in our good intent, we go up against demons like the unwise individuals from Acts: "Jesus I know, Paul I know, but who are you..."
This is just a note of humility for us. Christ is the Victor. We need to be servants, compassionate but uncompromising IN CHRIST.

Even the best of nurturing is corrupted by the world, train them up then put them in public college or on the internet. Guess how fast they fall.

Hopefully we will learn more of about the contributing factors, but don't count on much truth.

Yet there is a reality of brokenness. People with real problems. And instead of help and correction, we label them normal and require everyone except them
even when they espouse destructive and sinful conduct. Mental health treatment has to accept the reality of SIN and its influencers.

No one shoots up kids. This is demonic. Period.

As for the guns, you cant get rid of them, and if you try hard, only the evil and despotic will have them.

We do need serious discussion about who has them. Society make laws to protect itself, to protect its members from one another.
We can accept limitations to our rights, just like we expect Americans to drive on the correct side of the road.

The discussion needs two focuses: Who can have firearms, what accountability should we expect, and what does it take to forfeit that Privilege,

And We need real affordable care for real mental health treatment which includes God honoring methods, and humble wisdom.

Sadly what we see these days will be nothing like a world where Christ is no longer physically ministering through His Saints.

Pray Brothers and Sisters. Pray we can make a difference in a lot of lives NOW while we can. The Quitting Time whistle can sound any moment.

And instead of a yabba dabba doo! and we're gone,
I see a soft rain of tears from those who compassionately understand what is in store for those who hesitate and sit on the fence.

Last edited:

Kerbluey

I watched the video of law enforcement entering the building. It was very intense. Those guys are heroes! They never hesitated knowing they may die. Praying for them as well. I’m sure taking a life is devastating even if it’s the right thing to do. As they ascended the stairs you could hear the killer’s gun fire. I can’t imagine how terrified all the kids and teachers and others were. It sounded like a cannon.

Theres also video from the church cameras. I definitely see how they thought she was a kid, yet they did the right thing anyway.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Because the “powers that be” ARE perfectly happy with this destruction of society and what USED to be Christian values. The left is totally off the rails, and the “right” isn’t far behind in our government. We have a uniparty now, and look back at the Obama years and how far we sunk as a former Christian nation. We all saw it when the gay flag was over the White House, and he literally pushed the agenda on all of us. And, he criminalized persecution of trans “anything”. Which brings us to this coming Saturday which is the first
national “Trans day of vengeance “.
I am holding my breath for this weekend here in the Nashville area. If they release the killer’s manifesto before then, and It contains anti-Christian language, will the trans community ramp up their “vengeance”? Sounds like radical Muslims in “Palestine“.
Lord Jesus, please sound that trumpet soon!
I remember when Obama said this isn't a Christian nation, and for Christians to get off their high horse.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Buyed'em is already flouting the 2nd Amendment lie... assault weapons! large capacity mags!

A 12 gauge with #1buckshot sends 30 to 40 lethal projectiles with.... 3 shots. In close quarters that is devastating. It doesn't take much to see where it goes.

The 2nd Amendment is NOT about protecting your home, Its about defending the nation from tyrants. It is part of Checks and Balances.

Everyone knows they do not belong on streets or in schools. And responsible people do not take them there.

Its about punishing Crime.

Its about treating those with mental problems effectively and compassionately and stop passing them off as some other form of normal.

Its about creating a process that protects citizens yet respects honorable people instead of criminalizing them.

Its about bringing the family back together and making them responsible for one another.

Am I my brother's keeper? YES! That is part of Christ's command to love one another.

Certainly we citizens expect a level of conduct from anyone entrusted with a serious responsibility.
We have Drivers licenses, insurance requirements, safety inspections.

We can create a process to limit irresponsible people from getting dangerous tool whether they be firearms or semi-trucks.

We can't stop the nuts who masquerade as nice people, but if we stop honoring them, if we reinforce the notion such conduct is disgusting,

Maybe more would be inclined to shun such acts, instead of dreaming of how many hits their manifesto will get.

I hope this starts discussion, its only one opinion.

Yet what this nations was is no more. What we have become is going to destroy itself if we don't wake up and realize there are absolutes.
There is right an wrong.
And the Author of Truth has made it clear.

lightofmylife

We know that the real problem is the person's mindset. The battleground is the mind this is how Satan tempts people. You either give in to his ploys or you resist him. The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. When people get so angry to hurt others that is the spirit of the devil because he comes to steal, kill, and destroy. There is righteous indignation because Jesus took a whip and overturned the money changers tables saying you have turned my Father's house into a den of thieves. The unbelievers want there to be anything goes they do what is right in their own eyes. They do not want accountability.

lightofmylife

Day of (trans) Rage set for April 1. Marjorie Taylor Greene tried to alert her fellow Congressmen on Twitter. Her Congressional Twitter Account was immediately suspended. The manifesto has been read. No one is allowed to discuss it. Tennessee just passed a law banning drag shows for children.
They also banned medical assistance for surgery on child genitalia.
Ever hear of a pastor shooting a trans? Me neither.
I forgot to add that Justice Kavanaugh’s intended assassin was trans.
The trans movement is diametrically opposed to God and His Word.
:praying nothing violent happens on April 1st which is called April Fool's Day. First it is pride month in June, and now Day of trans rage April 1.

lightofmylife

Attorney General Merrick Garland was questioned by a House Committee today and was asked whether this targeted attack on a Christian school would be investigated as a hate crime. He said “The FBI will take a look at that”. To determine what? Whether Christianity is a religion in America any more?
I have called this man a weasel and a rat face.
I apologize to weasels and rats. Add “worm” to that.
Duh! Christianity is a relationship with :fish numbskulls.

madcat

I didn't know this until just awhile ago that the Pastor of the churches daughter Hallie Scruggs 9 was 1 of the girls that was :cry killed. She was there only daughter they have 3 sons.
Yes. And so sad, yet he was trying to console others. It will be interesting to see If the leftist mayor will allow the manifesto to ever be released. This morning it was all I could do just to,watch the weather report, and had to turn the channel quickly. Not ONE mention about this being a prominent Christian school, and the possibility of being a target of trans. Saturday will be interesting with is being the day of vengeance of trans people nationwide.
And someone videoed some of the news clips yesterday, and one of the women that was shown doing interviews with several different stations, was a “protégé of Pelosi (seen recently in a pic together). Apparently she was able to get through TOTALLY stopped traffic in the area and had a script she referred to when on camera. I wish I could find the report again, but this sounds weird, since it is said she doesn’t live here, nor has any connections.

Shannon70

Here is a question I have been asking for years now...........

Why haven't we re-routed our military from drills and practice on bases to guarding all of our schools against this sort of thing?
Why didn't we re-route our military to our southern border in the same manner?
We let them fight wars in Viet Nam and Afghanistan for years and years to never see a victory ......... but, we don't use them to protect
our own people in our own land?? If the police can't get this under control, and it's very evident they can't, then bring in the military!!!

If I can figure this out..............why can't our so-called smart politicians figure it out????
It makes me think they are perfectly happy with what is going on...........
Or maybe thats the plan all along

HisGloryIsPrecious

Does anybody know if and when they will release all of the manifesto? All this talk about gun control from the left and there was no talk about how she got the guns. They want all these gun control laws and they screw them up anyway. She was in therapy according to her parents.

On a personal note, I felt strange when this happened. Around the time of the shooting, my own workplace had an active shooter drill.

lightofmylife

Does anybody know if and when they will release all of the manifesto? All this talk about gun control from the left and there was no talk about how she got the guns. They want all these gun control laws and they screw them up anyway. She was in therapy according to her parents.

On a personal note, I felt strange when this happened. Around the time of the shooting, my own workplace had an active shooter drill.
I hope they are not covering up what is in the manifesto. :praying we get to hear all the truth. The one black officer said he hasn't read it all.

Last edited:

Andy C

Well the military was used in the Detroit riots. I don't recall exactly what special legal mechanism was used to get around the "The Posse Comitatus Act" Andy C in this thread has a link to the explanation.​

It was also used in the Rodney King riots. I had several of my Marines sent to LA as part of a huge military force used. The rules are very strict, and short of a large scale riot, the military will not, nor should it be used in domestic problems, but left to the National Guard to reenforce police.

Back