China’s Ukraine World Power Play

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
China’s Ukraine World Power Play
Can Biden and Putin be dumb enough to let Xi pull off a coup?
By Daniel Greenfield

The PRC’s interests in the Ukraine war are complicated.

China would like to weaken America, Europe and NATO. A Russian win would help bolster China’s plans for Taiwan. But, China also wants access to Ukraine’s resources instead of having them dominated by Russia.

The war has dragged on long enough that it seems likely neither side will win, so the time is ripe for China to try and assert its own agenda.

To do that, China has to play all sides which is what it’s been doing since this war began. But the Communist dictatorship is also launching a world power ‘play’. Xi believes that the war, a conflict between the two existing world powers, is an excellent moment to show that China is superior to both.

China is holding out the threat of providing serious military support to Russia (which considering that it’s relying on Iran for military tech, clearly needs it) to get Western nations and Russia to consider its proposal.

An ideal proposal for China would be to allow Russia to hang on to all or some of the territories it seized but with no further expansion, keep the United States and Europe out of Ukraine, while perhaps persuading Ukraine that China would be a better friend than western nations.

Some of these positions are already favored by the anti-war side in western nations so if nothing else, China would contrive to divide western nations, not only internally, but split off Germany and other war opponents.

But the only thing China really brings to the table is leverage in the form of military aid to Russia. And that’s a weak basis for pulling of Xi’s world power play. Accepting such a proposal would put a temporary pause to the war before it restarts again. Even if Putin is desperate enough to hand over Russia’s stature to China in such a loss of face, essentially acting like a client state of China, Ukraine has little to gain from such an arrangement. The Biden administration had previously signaled that it wanted some more immediate resolution, but it’s unclear that even it would be stupid enough to let that come in a way that makes China a world power.

Unlike everyone else, China has no skin in this game. It’s invested nothing and is willing to invest little except likely promises to “rebuild” Ukraine by importing its mass laborers and corporations. That would amount to a Chinese takeover and as corrupt as Ukraine is, it’s not an African dictatorship either.

So China’s power play is likely to fail, but it’s also best never to overestimate any of the players in this, including Putin and Biden, who have done a bunch of really dumb and destructive things from the start. It’s hard to imagine the world’s two powers just ceding their places to China, but if any of them are capable of it, it’s Biden and Putin who could decide to sacrifice national prestige for the sake of their personal power.

https://www.raptureforums.com/politics-culture-wars/chinas-ukraine-world-power-play/

DanLMP

Can Biden and Putin be dumb enough to let Xi pull off a coup?

I can answer for Biden: yes he can. Or at least whoever is running his administration can.
They're really going for a twofer on the US/Russia war in Ukraine. They want to eliminate Russia and drain the US doing it.

I don't think Putin/Russia ever really had a chance of taking over the world, but they had to be eliminated anyway by the PTB.

alisani

It just sickens me to see what the US has become. The filthy people that got rich off the US are now destroying it to get the last penny!
I agree. A few years ago, I found I had to mourn the loss of my home and let it go. I would still love to see us overcome as a nation. But I know my true home and my longing for it supercedes my love for my earthly home.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I agree. A few years ago, I found I had to mourn the loss of my home and let it go. I would still love to see us overcome as a nation. But I know my true home and my longing for it supercedes my love for my earthly home.
Agreed.

The Lord reminds me I'm just a pilgrim passing through .
This world is not ours .
We are Heavenly citizens, looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of
The Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 3:20
For our conversation is in heaven ; from
whence also we look for the Saviour , the
Lord Jesus Christ.
✝️

athenasius

Meanwhile Israel's window of opportunity to strike Iran gets that much smaller
I think it's like a series of Dominoes set up to fall in a specific direction.

Israel's windows are closing, she is looking more and more helpless. Everytime Netanyahu gets in and tries to deal with Iran something gets in his way.

Obama stopped him, then elections and Trump's peace plan over and over and over. Then the plague, then the leftist cabal in power, now he's back and it's the judiciary and their leftist backers making them look too weak for the Saudi's.

Well the Lord has shown what he thinks of China's shenanigans by letting literal worms rain down in their country LOL
Probably because they stepped in and did the deal between Saudi and Iran because that directly affects Israel. Worms won't be the only thing falling on their head if they keep messing with Israel.

ItIsFinished!

Can Biden and Putin be dumb enough to let Xi pull this off?

YES

Is anybody noticing that CHINA brokered the deal between IRAN and SAUDI ARABIA

Xi has his fingers everywhere right now.

All because the opportunities keep popping up thanks to Biden.
I absolutely noticed.
Very bad decision on Pharoah's , I mean XI's part.
Meddlin' where he ought not to.
Must be part of the exclusive Obiden Inc.
delux corrupt package deal.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I think it's like a series of Dominoes set up to fall in a specific direction.

Israel's windows are closing, she is looking more and more helpless. Everytime Netanyahu gets in and tries to deal with Iran something gets in his way.

Obama stopped him, then elections and Trump's peace plan over and over and over. Then the plague, then the leftist cabal in power, now he's back and it's the judiciary and their leftist backers making them look too weak for the Saudi's.

Probably because they stepped in and did the deal between Saudi and Iran because that directly affects Israel. Worms won't be the only thing falling on their head if they keep messing with Israel.
Hmmm makes me have doubts about the psalm 83 war, is the difference between that war and the ez 38 war that the IDF cause the defeat of the enemies whereas with the Ez 38 the war is won supernaturally by the Lord's direct intervention himself?

Right now Israel seem very divided, i'm even hearing a lot of the IDF are even questioning their government ?

Last edited:

ItIsFinished!

Hmmm makes me have doubts about the psalm 83 war, is the difference between that war and the ez 38 war that the IDF cause the defeat of the enemies whereas Ez 38 the war is won supernaturally by the Lord's direct intervention himself?

Right now Israel seem very divided, i'm even hearing a lot of the IDF are even questioning their government ?
It is pretty wild right now in Israel.
Protest are getting larger.
Evil will seize this opportunity during this time of political instability .
Same as in America.

ItIsFinished!

Totally agree, just more birth pangs increasing in their frequency, i wonder what's next on the horizon.
Whatever "it" is , will involve more death and destruction , loss of freedom and our finances
will also suffer.
This is what the last days before the coming Tribulation look like.
We are in the thick of it.
Wickedness is quite determined and never rest.
The irons are getting hot all around the world , ready to be struck.
Movers and shakers are getting in place.
New leaders are emerging with new ideas.
Ideas that are in conflict with God's Holy Word.

Last edited:

athenasius

Hmmm makes me have doubts about the psalm 83 war, is the difference between that war and the ez 38 war that the IDF cause the defeat of the enemies whereas Ez 38 the war is won supernaturally by the Lord's direct intervention himself?

The IDF is a problem for Netanyahu right now and for democracy in Israel. Will they abide by the will of the electorate or will they side with the Leftists who support the Supreme Court who appoint their own, and never face an election.

The battle is between the Supreme court appointees grab for power, and the leftist cabal that supports them because they are all after a means to take Netanyahu out of power.

Now the military is beginning to make noises about going on strike to support the Justices of the Supreme Court-- who have no elected right to any power yet they claim to.

A divided Israel is a weak Israel. For a very weak Syria to attack as the language of Isaiah 17 suggests, Israel is seen as weak but manages to respond in defense at a cost to Israel as well. It's part of Israel turning back to God, so that is after the Rapture. Ezek 38 doesn't involve the IDF at all. God and God alone wins that battle. It's another part of Israel turning back to God.

Isaiah 17 says the IDF are involved in winning the overnight war that Damascus brings on Israel, but Israel wins. Israel wins by God's hand using the IDF if verse 17 refers to them as many think including me.

"9 In that day their strong cities, which they left because of the Israelites, will be like places abandoned to thickets and undergrowth. And all will be desolation."

That scenario has northern Israel taking a lot of damage. Damascus is gone, and much of Syria (the remnant of Aram) is like northern Israel --wasted away

“1 See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.
2 The cities of Aroer will be deserted
and left to flocks, which will lie down,
with no one to make them afraid.
3 The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
and royal power from Damascus;
the remnant of Aram will be
like the glory of the Israelites,”
declares the Lord Almighty.

4 “In that day the glory of Jacob will fade;
the fat of his body will waste away.

IF that is the trigger for Ezek 38 then after an unspecified period of time while Israel is quietly not expecting attack, Russia, Iran, Turkey, Libya and Sudan attack with many peoples with them.

In that second war, Ezek 38-39 Israel is unable to mount any defence.

The other passages re Damascus:

Jeremiah 49: mentions areas belonging to Jordan, Damascus by name and Elam part of Iran. When Jeremiah mentions Damascus he mentions 2 other cities nearby Hamath, and Arpad now known as Hama and Aleppo. This seems to overlap the Isaiah 17 prophecy.

Zech 9: mentions Damascus by name in v 1, along with Hamath (Hama) which borders it which is an interesting turn of phrase pinpointing the destruction of Damascus going towards Hama just north of Homs and south of Aleppo. So we start to see a circle of devastation. Lebanon too again, as Tyre and Sidon. Vs 8 &9 may place this destruction near the end of the Tribulation though so that argues AGAINST Damascus being the thing that starts the Gog Magog war. It may be the other way around.

Amos 1&2 mention Damascus by name, along with Gaza, part of Lebanon and all of Jordan (Ammon, Moab & Edom) and sounds more like Zech 9 in timing.

Ezekiel 32 vs 17-32 are separate from the start of Ez 32. Ezekiel mentions Assyria (Syria extending into Western Iraq) without mention of specific cities AND ELAM again. Also brings in Egypt, Lebanon, Turkey, Edom in Southern Jordan, along with a fascinating reference in vs 30 listed as The Princes of the North. They go along with the Sidonians which is modern day Lebanon.

Zephaniah 2: mentions Gaza, Moab and Ammon (north and central Jordan) CUSH (remember them? they are in the Ezek 38 invasion but we call them Sudan today although they were mislabelled Ethiopia in some translations) as well as ASSYRIA again. Nineveh is mentioned by name and singled out for destruction but again this is day of the Lord language so it seems to occur during the Tribulation, possibly the later part.

Psalm 83 simply mentions Assyria (Syria extending into Western Iraq) along with others but not Damascus by name. Also in there, Lebanon, Gaza, Jordan, Egypt, assorted Arabs and that pretty much describes the invasion forces of the 1948 and 67 wars.

Elam is in there twice, in Ezek 32 plus Jeremiah 49 and reappears as Persia in Ezek 38. The fact that these are separate parts of Ezekiel suggests they take part in 2 different attacks.

Last edited:

daygo

Am beginning to think there will not be a one world govt. as we know it, simply by china and russias posturing. china will be taking over Taiwan any day now and who is to stop them, nobody. So what could happen then, as daniels statue is a two legged monstrousity the world could be split into East and West 5 kingdoms in west, 5 kingdoms in east, as iron and clay do not mix their will be conflict throughout the tribulation and as we know the 200 million army going against the anti-christ and the lying spirits go out to deceive this army at the end of the tribulation, we know the rest. So there is constant conflict with these two halves, otherwise I can see this going on for many many years, too many years actually. Its only my idle thoughts and opinion.

Back