Nikki Haley announces presidential campaign

Dave123

She is a member of the World Economic Forum. That alone should disqualify her from being president. But I have a feeling that her previous associations with President Trump will pretty much sink her campaign. If history is any indicator, those with any meaningful connection to Trump will be a massive political liability.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
She is a member of the World Economic Forum. That alone should disqualify her from being president. But I have a feeling that her previous associations with President Trump will pretty much sink her campaign. If history is any indicator, those with any meaningful connection to Trump will be a massive political liability.
Yes, Trump seems to have become a great boogeyman for them.

RobinMc

She wouldn't qualify as a "Natural Born Citizen". Her parents came to the US in '69, and she was born in '72. They wouldn't have been here long enough to become citizens before she was born.
I thought if you were born in the US, you were a US citizen?
She is a graduate of the WEF school for young leaders (or whatever it's called) but so is Ivanka Trump and many others.
She was a good governor and I liked her work as an Ambassador, but I prefer DeSantis or Pompeo. I fully supported Trump, but he is too devisive and I fear he would be assassinated.
Just my opinion.

Cloud Watcher

I thought if you were born in the US, you were a US citizen?
She is a graduate of the WEF school for young leaders (or whatever it's called) but so is Ivanka Trump and many others.
She was a good governor and I liked her work as an Ambassador, but I prefer DeSantis or Pompeo. I fully supported Trump, but he is too devisive and I fear he would be assassinated.
Just my opinion.

Citizen and Natural Born Citizen are two different concepts. Natural born means a child whose parents were already citizens. Natural Born is the one main difference the Founders instituted for the office of the President than they did for other offices. If they had required it for Congress too, people like Omar, Rubio, etc. would not qualify. obama's father was not a US citizen, which is why obama wasn't qualified, whether or not he was born in Hawaii. Unfortunately, that aspect was ignored, and he got away with it.

ShilohRose

She wouldn't qualify as a "Natural Born Citizen". Her parents came to the US in '69, and she was born in '72. They wouldn't have been here long enough to become citizens before she was born.
Does that matter? I thought if she was born here, she automatically got citizenship, regardless of the status of her parents.

I see someone already answered by question. Thank you.

Back