A Congresswoman’s Simple Gift to Break Congressional Gridlock

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
https://washingtonstand.com/commentary/a-congresswomans-simple-gift-to-break-congressional-gridlock

Last week, we saw a rare and unprecedented move of bipartisanship as the Energy and Commerce Committee held its first hearing of the 118th Congress. Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) was recently selected to chair the committee, the first woman to hold the position since its inception. The Energy and Commerce Committee was the first committee created in the House of Representatives, dating all the way back to 1795.

As McMorris Rodgers concluded the business portion of the hearing, she announced a gift to each of her colleagues on the committee:

“Finally, I wanted to give you a book, invite all of us to read through it together in 2023. It’s an all-time best-seller. I read through it for the first time a few years ago, and it changed my life. So, my encouragement is for everyone to read this book in their lifetime, so why not now, in 2023? In America, and on this committee, you know, there’s many faiths, beliefs that are represented. We cherish religious freedom and religious tolerance. This Bible is structured to be 15 minutes a day. A little Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs. And I pray that it will be a blessing.”
She also gave each member a coffee mug, encouraging members to reach across the aisle, get to know one another, and form friendships for the good of the nation. McMorris Rodgers said that some of her favorite memories of her time in Congress were getting to know someone with whom she disagreed or disliked.....

Carl

https://washingtonstand.com/commentary/a-congresswomans-simple-gift-to-break-congressional-gridlock

Last week, we saw a rare and unprecedented move of bipartisanship as the Energy and Commerce Committee held its first hearing of the 118th Congress. Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) was recently selected to chair the committee, the first woman to hold the position since its inception. The Energy and Commerce Committee was the first committee created in the House of Representatives, dating all the way back to 1795.

As McMorris Rodgers concluded the business portion of the hearing, she announced a gift to each of her colleagues on the committee:

She also gave each member a coffee mug, encouraging members to reach across the aisle, get to know one another, and form friendships for the good of the nation. McMorris Rodgers said that some of her favorite memories of her time in Congress were getting to know someone with whom she disagreed or disliked.....
Wow really trying to make a difference through witnessing! Lord I pray that her efforts DO make a difference in lives!

Back