How to Survive as Remnant Believers

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
How to Survive as Remnant Believers
By Jan Markell

I am hearing more and more from believers who say they are among the last days’ remnant, trying to tell the truth and be watchmen on the wall. They are paying a price. They are facing rejection and scorn, even from fellow believers.

I hurt for many of these fine Christians. They are watching the signs of the times. They are connecting dots that say time is running out. They are warning others that so much of what the Bible prophesied for the tumultuous last days is beginning to play out, but they are finding few have ears to hear.

Thus, I have resurrected an older e-newsletter that I wanted to re-send, as we have thousands of new readers. I hope you find it helpful. I open my thoughts with an e-mail I got that speaks for many!

“If I did not have access to you and a few others online, I would be so isolated! I try to talk to people about issues that are important, including end-times, and they look at me like I am an alien. A few of you help me celebrate my alien status. I feel like a lonely goldfish in a bowl. Prophecy is coming true right before our eyes. You and a few others are making a huge difference with all of us aliens in the world.” — Karen

Karen spurred me on to write some rules for remnant survival. I hope they will help you survive what can be a lonely road!

– Remnant believers will travel across town and across country to be with like-minded. Sometimes they even cross oceans. And when they find one another, it is like discovering a gold mine.

– Though almost always in vain, these believers have talked to church leadership about their concerns, including topics missing from the pulpit, but they are generally blown off. Some are asked to leave the church. They only wanted their church to major in the majors – topics and issues that would equip the saints.

– We should expect mockery and worse, as it is predicted (II Peter 3:3,4). Watchmen are going to be seen as troublemakers, for we are studying and keeping alert. We understand the times as did the sons of Issachar (I Chronicles 12:32). The tragedy is that our critics are the clueless ones.

– Nonetheless, when it comes to charting our times and the lateness of the hour, stick to the Bible. Trendy new “signs” and theologies come along frequently. Some are intriguing and thus become an Internet sensation, but they are not sound.

– Understand that the end-time church is racing towards Laodicea and is more interested in conforming than transforming. Many churches and leaders will focus on “your best life now.” You might long to be in Eternity with the Lord and with loved ones and escape a sin-wracked earth. You will not be understood.

– But we cannot survive alone. Seek out a Bible study or small group fellowship where you can relate with the like-minded if your church is lacking. Even an online group is better than no fellowship. As you encourage there, you will be encouraged.

– Things are going to grow darker, and we must shine brighter! News of the day can be shocking and disheartening. God is trying to wake us up and shake us up so we will look up. A few will awaken, and some will listen, so we must not unplug from news and information because you might be someone’s “early warning system.”

– Resist being disillusioned. The prophets of old longed to see and live in our day. We are privileged (and challenged) to be here for such a time as this.

– Remember the warning to the “watchmen” in Ezekiel 33:6. If we are silent when we should speak up, the blood is on our hands.

– The Bible suggests an end-time church will be small. In Luke 18:8, Jesus asks if He will find any of faith when He returns. Many will have fallen by the wayside. Thank God for the remnant that holds to truth and spreads truth. I have recently read where only 6% of the U.K. is Christian, and this could include denominations that are not totally solid.

– Remember that God has everything under control. Things are lining up; they are falling into place. Nothing is falling apart. We get to watch the stage being set! In the end, we win. So does Jesus Christ. The world will bow their knee to Him.

– Anticipate your crown for those who “long for His appearing” (II Timothy 4:8)

– Get your focus off of self and onto others. Everyone has a challenge: health, family, finances, career, isolation, and more. Encourage at least one person a day. That will make your day and theirs.

Many of today’s churches — and thankfully not all of them — are following the church-growth formula that will never include issues remnant believers love to hear about. This was predicted. The rise of apostasy, wolves, false teachers, and more may be the most prominent end-time warning in the Bible. Finding the right church sometimes takes years for remnant believers.

If you’re going to be a remnant survivor, you need to figure out how to be a part of the solution to this sad state of church affairs. Bouncing from church to church is likely not the best idea. But sitting multiple times a week under bad theology, music with spiritually unhealthy lyrics, or leadership that is just dysfunctional is also not an option. Cutting yourself off from fellowship is no better.

A remnant of fabric is a discarded piece of cloth that no longer has a purpose — until someone comes along and makes a beautiful quilt out of it. You may be that quilt. You will ultimately shine brightly, certainly in eternity, but perhaps before. So don’t despair.

The hour is so very late. Someone must warn the world. God may be calling you to be the one to do that!

Watchmen have a lonely assignment.

“On your walls, Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; All day and all night they will never keep silent…” (Isaiah 62:6).

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/how-to-survive-as-remnant-believers/

MapleLeaf

Sometimes to survive you have to unplug from the big world news for a bit. I am trying to cut back though I'm rather addicted. It's horrible. Yet I know I can't change the big world news stuff and it's only distracting me from turning to Jesus and my personal devotions. That stuff doesn't change no matter my circumstances. He doesn't change.

Right now I'm hopped up on too much caffeine so I've kind of been up all night and it's easy to spiral on nights like this. It's nice to read calming, encouraging things.

daygo

Just a couple of things, one imo we are in the laodician church age and 2, I'd love it if there were 6% Christians in UK my thinking is roughly 3%, toppit all in UK there's hardly any Christians that study bible prophecy have often felt like Elijah being the only one. I know that I'm not but it sure does feel like it.

Baby Yoda

Watchman
remnant of fabric is a discarded piece of cloth that no longer has a purpose — until someone comes along and makes a beautiful quilt out of it. You may be that quilt. You will ultimately shine brightly, certainly in eternity, but perhaps before. So don’t despair.

The hour is so very late. Someone must warn the world. God may be calling you to be the one to do that!
:cheer

alisani

With each day that goes by and seemingly all signs saying "the end is near", I just get more excited as I wait and watch.
Same. Mom and I talked endlessly about God. When we knew hospice was on the horizon, we talked more of heaven and the coming kingdom. She told me several times to hang on, that we would be coming up not long after she went Home. Even so, come Lord Jesus!

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Same. Mom and I talked endlessly about God. When we knew hospice was on the horizon, we talked more of heaven and the coming kingdom. She told me several times to hang on, that we would be coming up not long after she went Home. Even so, come Lord Jesus!
And I believe your wise mother is correct.
Looking forward to meeting both of you.
We will have eternity to meet so time is irrelevant and nonexistent .
:hyper
Baby Yoda will lead the cheer team.

alisani

Amen and amen. Eternity holds so much for us all. And having fellowship with those here on RF, folks we cannot see but still walk alongside, will be such a massive blessing.

ChildofLight

I haven’t been to a church in a long time. When I was little we went to a Lutheran church occasionally. As a teenager went to a Methodist church in our small town and bad experience. Too many gossipy old people if you know what I mean. Bible study was spent talking about foreign missionaries and their boyfriends. Not interested in foreign missionary and I didn’t have a boyfriend, apparently I was the only one that didn’t. Later went back to the Lutheran church and the pastor was arrogant and the congregation went from large to small quickly, but the pastor stayed on for years. Later they had a woman pastor which I don’t believe women should be pastors.
I’m going into my 3rd year of retirement and I’m not a social person. I worked with the public for many years and tired of being around people. I don’t like the thought of having to look for a good church, but read the Bible. Having family, friends and contacts with other true Christians mean a lot to me though.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I hope everyone knows , when I stated @Baby Yoda will lead the cheer team , that I didn't mean
Star Wars Baby Yoda , but our wonderful sister
Baby Yoda.
:)

Back