AG pondering declaring Netanyahu unfit as PM due to conflicts of interest

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
AG pondering declaring Netanyahu unfit as PM due to conflicts of interest
A conflict of interest arrangement prohibits Netanyahu from being involved in legislation that has an impact on the proceedings against him.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: JANUARY 20, 2023

Attorney-General Gali Baharav-Miara and the State Attorney's Office are considering declaring Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu unfit to serve due to a conflict of interest created by his government's planned judicial reform, according to Israeli media.

In 2021, the High Court of Justice ruled that a conflict of interest arrangement formulated under then former attorney-general Avichai Mandelblit was binding for Netanyahu. The arrangement prohibits Netanyahu from being involved in the nomination of judges or of the police commissioner and from being involved in legislation that has an impact on the criminal proceedings against him.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-729141

athenasius

well isn't that ironic!

The very head of the State judicial system is protecting their UN-ELECTED position to be able to dump an ELECTED Prime Minister!

It's HIGH time for judicial reform to reign in the power of the Attorney-General and the State Attorney's Office or else this is NO LONGER a democracy but a rulership of the appointed elites who can over rule the elected officials at their pleasure and for their conveniance.

This is one of the reasons why the elites hate Bibi so much that they tried to manufacture a case against him. Because he threatens their grip on power. Both now and in the past!

athenasius

I've been thinking democracy is dead for some time now.
Oh daygo, I know what you mean! I just haven't quite got used to the "new normal" yet.

I think God and God alone is holding Netanyahu in office, much like He did with Trump. So certain things get moved into place. But I mustn't get my hopes up because normal isn't coming back. The "new normal" is here in advance of the Tribulation I think.

Back