How will technology influence the end times

KenE@21B

I have always been intrigued by the use of technology, and the way that this will be used in the end times.

One of the 'benefits' to mankind is the way that technology helps us to learn faster. An amazing article recently stated that the 'sum total' of man's knowledge us currently doubling every 13 months - and IBM predicts this will accelerate to a doubling of all knowledge in just 12 hours! (Dan 12:4)

Artificial Intelligence has finally arrived in the mainstream in the form of ChatGPT, Dell E, and other platforms.
People are amazed at the ability of these systems to process vast quantities of information and provide answers to complex questions\problems in mere seconds.

However, these systems keep 'crashing' due to user overload on currently used traditional computing systems.

So - I have been wondering what will happen when artificial intelligence 'matures', and is then run on a network of quantum computers. (Note that a quantum computer can process in just 4 minutes what would take a traditional super-computer 10,000 years to complete!)

If such a system were linked to the internet, which in turn is linked to the Internet of Things and People (IoT & IoP) as well as the surveillance systems around the world, we would have a non-human entity which would 'know' everything, everywhere, about everone, all at once, in real time... and the person who controls such a system would wield power such has never before been seen in human history.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I have always been intrigued by the use of technology, and the way that this will be used in the end times.

One of the 'benefits' to mankind is the way that technology helps us to learn faster. An amazing article recently stated that the 'sum total' of man's knowledge us currently doubling every 13 months - and IBM predicts this will accelerate to a doubling of all knowledge in just 12 hours! (Dan 12:4)

Artificial Intelligence has finally arrived in the mainstream in the form of ChatGPT, Dell E, and other platforms.
People are amazed at the ability of these systems to process vast quantities of information and provide answers to complex questions\problems in mere seconds.

However, these systems keep 'crashing' due to user overload on currently used traditional computing systems.

So - I have been wondering what will happen when artificial intelligence 'matures', and is then run on a network of quantum computers. (Note that a quantum computer can process in just 4 minutes what would take a traditional super-computer 10,000 years to complete!)

If such a system were linked to the internet, which in turn is linked to the Internet of Things and People (IoT & IoP) as well as the surveillance systems around the world, we would have a non-human entity which would 'know' everything, everywhere, about everone, all at once, in real time... and the person who controls such a system would wield power such has never before been seen in human history.
Yes , it is quite maddening.

Mocha Latte

It’s crazy, isn’t it? Pete Garcia and some of his speakers have said something that intrigues me. They refer to a “rapture window” because once technology goes too far it will outpace what is spoken of in prophecy. Meaning that things would have to take place in a certain window of time, technologically speaking, before technology goes beyond a certain point.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
It’s crazy, isn’t it? Pete Garcia and some of his speakers have said something that intrigues me. They refer to a “rapture window” because once technology goes too far it will outpace what is spoken of in prophecy. Meaning that things would have to take place in a certain window of time, technologically speaking, before technology goes beyond a certain point.
Absolutely.
Technology is obsolete within less of a second in many areas and facets these days.
There is definitely a point where technology will come to an abrupt halt .

daygo

How can it outpace prophecy, like saying God is taken unawares, stupid.

KenE@21B

Absolutely.
Technology is obsolete within less of a second in many areas and facets these days.
There is definitely a point where technology will come to an abrupt halt .
Interestingly, many various interest groups in the world speculate about an event called the singularity - a hypothetical future point in time at which technological and other humanistic advancements become uncontrollable and irreversible, resulting in unforeseeable changes to humanity.

God intervened (in Genesis) when the bloodline of mankind was altered by 'the sons of God' having offspring with human women.
Man has already boasted that he is 'able to play God' by manipulating human DNA so one can only wonder what he will soon try to achieve in this field with the aid of AI...

God will intervene again - very soon - and I can hardly wait!
Marinatha!

katt

But it only seems that the doubling only occurs when making computers smaller and run faster. If we're getting so much smarter in other areas, where are the hover crafts? Where is the cure for Diabetes, Cerebral Palsy, MD, MS and a palythra of other disorders and diseases out there? Two more things, why can't our kids not only read but understand what they are able to read? Why don't they know what 1+1 is? Why oh why can't they and many adults define the deference between a man and a woman?

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
But it only seems that the doubling only occurs when making computers smaller and run faster. If we're getting so much smarter in other areas, where are the hover crafts? Where is the cure for Diabetes, Cerebral Palsy, MD, MS and a palythra of other disorders and diseases out there? Two more things, why can't our kids not only read but understand what they are able to read? Why don't they know what 1+1 is? Why oh why can't they and many adults define the deference between a man and a woman?
Common sense isn't so common. Toto we aren't in Kansas anymore.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
How will technology influence the future?

Pull the plug. When the energy grid is demolished by war, and God's judgement, there wont be any.

Oh maybe the élite of the elite will have some, but with the world system dead, it would explain the visible mark given to people.

Just an alternate thought.

Andy C

Pete made a good point. Nothing can out pace God, so we must be in the rapture “window ”.

I watched all 2 hours over the weekend of the video of Pete and Tyler (generation 2434) very good talk.

usoutpost31

Probably not as much as people think. The devil and his angels aren't limited by technology, they've gone most of human history without it.

Even if the Antichrist wanted to keep 24/7 surveillance on everyone, the 21 judgments raining down on the earth are continually disrupting his infrastructure and decimating his personnel.

All they really require is the co-operation of their citizens. Jesus said it will be your own family members turning you in.

Andy C

How will technology influence the future?

Pull the plug. When the energy grid is demolished by war, and God's judgement, there wont be any.

Oh maybe the élite of the elite will have some, but with the world system dead, it would explain the visible mark given to people.

Just an alternate thought.
Concur. Very little technology will exist on a global scale throughout the tribulation.

The MOB could easily be a simple mark that must be visible in order to conduct any business. Yes, we have the tech now to make it a highly sophisticated chip, but by then, it may not work as it would now. Either way, it wont matter to me from living in the “high” seats.

cheeky200386

We used to wonder how the conditions in Revelation would come about, how could all buying and selling be controlled, how the whole world would see the dead witnesses and celebrate with gift giving.

We don’t have those questions anymore.
It's crazy isn't it? I remember reading about the Mark of the Beast as a young girl, the only time I remember seeing a Bible in my house due to a local JW who was visiting my mom for bible studies. I couldn't imagine how that would take place. Now it's so easy to.

RobinMc

I would say it's because those things aren't important to the people making it all happen. When they made their deal with the devil, they were clear on what to expedite.

Back